The AM Forum
March 29, 2024, 04:45:47 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 3889 Group causing Malicious Interference - response.  (Read 59991 times)
ka2zni
« Reply #50 on: December 09, 2007, 06:30:17 PM »

Good post Tom.

Especially poignant is noting how those who plan to file complaints had better not be guilty of the same thing, be they paybacks, retaliation, or the initial volley.

On a lighter note... Was a pleasure to meet up with you today on 3.874 Paul, Great QSO and great too hear so many others come in afterwards.

'73's....
Kevin
WA3VJB
« Reply #51 on: December 09, 2007, 07:25:00 PM »

On a lighter note... Was a pleasure to meet up with you today on 3.874 Paul, Great QSO and great too hear so many others come in afterwards.

'73's....
Kevin

Yeah Kevin, wasn't it funny to realize WHY our calls were familiar to one another ?

John FXE and Glenn GPE were both doing well in there too.

Thanks for sticking in there with that prolonged Seek-You
KF1Z

Are FETs supposed to glow like that?

« Reply #52 on: December 09, 2007, 11:01:38 PM »

'73's....
Kevin

Yeah Kevin, wasn't it funny to realize WHY our calls were familiar to one another ?

John FXE and Glenn GPE were both doing well in there too.

Thanks for sticking in there with that prolonged Seek-You

I'm sorry you guys couldn't hear ME better....
Oh well...maybe next time!
Paul, you were quite readable here in Verminmont...John FXE was the only one stronger..

Tom WA3KLR
Contributing

« Reply #53 on: December 10, 2007, 04:46:57 PM »

The following pdf is the ARRL's "The Considerate Operator's Frequency Guide".  It lists the AM calling frequencies of 3885, 7290, 14.286, 29.0 - 29.2 MHz.  I wish all sidebanders were aware of it.

* considerate_op_guide1.pdf (39.31 KB - downloaded 334 times.)

73 de Tom WA3KLR  AMI # 77   Amplitude Modulation - a force Now and for the Future!
Jim, W5JO

« Reply #54 on: December 10, 2007, 05:05:48 PM »

The following pdf is the ARRL's "The Considerate Operator's Frequency Guide".  It lists the AM calling frequencies of 3885, 7290, 14.286, 29.0 - 29.2 MHz.  I wish all sidebanders were aware of it.

You should email that to K1RON with a note saying it is a CONSIDERATE operator's guide.  He might get the hint.
Tom WA3KLR
Contributing

« Reply #55 on: December 11, 2007, 10:10:13 AM »

The 3892/3889 crowd could also be informed of the new IARU Region 2 Voluntary Bandplan, voted for by the ARRL, that goes into effect January 1, which designates wideband AM operations at 3875 - 3900 KHz.

It would be interesting to hear their comments back on that!

73 de Tom WA3KLR  AMI # 77   Amplitude Modulation - a force Now and for the Future!
W5AMI
Founder of amfone.net

Poke Greens

« Reply #56 on: December 11, 2007, 12:33:21 PM »

The 3892/3889 crowd could also be informed of the new IARU Region 2 Voluntary Bandplan, voted for by the ARRL, that goes into effect January 1, which designates wideband AM operations at 3875 - 3900 KHz.

It would be interesting to hear their comments back on that!

One of them talked about it last night.  They are too ignorant to understand what it means.  One guy basically told the others that after Jan. 1, anyone with an old AM rig that goes over 6 kcs is going to be illegal, and their rigs will have to be trashed.  Not only do these guys lie to outsiders, they will lie to their own followers to keep the fire burning.  Nothing new...  Just a bunch of brain dead idiots that have nothing else to do but gripe about AM'ers 90% of the time.

Here is the MP3 if anyone care to listen to this yahoo:
http://w5ami.net/3.892000MHz_12-10-2007_4_53PMCST.mp3

73 de W5AMI - Brian
Gates BC-1T from KVOC the "Voice of Casper" in WY
Steve - WB3HUZ
« Reply #57 on: December 11, 2007, 12:38:23 PM »

LOL. Are they lieing about it or are they so stupid they actually believe it's true? I'd bet on the second. Grin
Todd, KA1KAQ
Administrator

AMbassador

« Reply #58 on: December 11, 2007, 12:41:50 PM »

LOL. Are they lieing about it or are they so stupid they actually believe it's true? I'd bet on the second. Grin

That's exactly what I was thinking, Steve.  Grin

Brian, you give them far too much credit. You assume they know enough about it to be able to lie. Wink

'Course, ol' Fireball would set 'em straight iffn he was there.... 

known as The Voice of Vermont in a previous life
W5AMI
Founder of amfone.net

Poke Greens

« Reply #59 on: December 11, 2007, 12:43:28 PM »

Who knows man.  I can't think like they do, however I do think "stupid" is the word, and you just can't fix stupid.

73 de W5AMI - Brian
Todd, KA1KAQ
Administrator

AMbassador

« Reply #60 on: December 11, 2007, 12:50:59 PM »

Well, that's the thing Brian. You're smart and a good guy as well, so you think like one. Hard to readjust to that kind of thinking, probably not possible once you know better.

you just can't fix stupid.

Ain't that the truth!!  Grin

known as The Voice of Vermont in a previous life
KB2WIG
Contributing

« Reply #61 on: December 11, 2007, 02:27:49 PM »

"  others that after Jan. 1, anyone with an old AM rig that goes over 6 kcs is going to be illegal, and their rigs will have to be trashed. "

Well, it seems to me that some of us try to break into their QSO ( legally, of course) and talk with them... on 1 Jan 08  .... ..        klc

What? Me worry?
k4kyv
Contributing Member
Don

« Reply #62 on: December 11, 2007, 02:45:46 PM »

One of them talked about it last night.  They are too ignorant to understand what it means.  One guy basically told the others that after Jan. 1, anyone with an old AM rig that goes over 6 kcs is going to be illegal, and their rigs will have to be trashed.  Not only do these guys lie to outsiders, they will lie to their own followers to keep the fire burning.

That's one of the major concerns we should have with the IARU bandplan, notwithstanding the spin which League staff is trying to put on the issue.  Even if they are correct in their assertion (in which case they have done at best a piss poor job of communicating this to the greater amateur community), there will be many, many amateurs, even well-meaning hams who are not part this or similar groups of retards, who will fail to understand what the IARU bandplan is, and who will INSIST that it is illegal to operate AM outside the suggested "windows" or beyond the stated bandwidths.  In every "non-compliant" QSO we can expect to hear numerous breakers and anonymous SSB comments dropped on top of our carriers, "informing" us that we are operating illegally, in violation of the "new rules".  Or else, we are "poor operators" or "lids" because we are disregarding the band plan. As we continue to legally operate our preferred modes on frequencies of our choice, there will inevitably be a certain element who will become extremely pissed off, and a substantial momentum will begin gathering to petition the FCC to adopt the IARU restrictions (at least the ones regarding AM and ESSB) into Part 97.

Don, K4KYV                                       AMI#5
Licensed since 1959 and not happy to be back on AM...    Never got off AM in the first place.

- - -
This message was typed using the DVORAK keyboard layout.
http://www.mwbrooks.com/dvorak
w3jn
Johnny Novice
Administrator

« Reply #63 on: December 11, 2007, 03:11:25 PM »

'Course, ol' Fireball would set 'em straight iffn he was there.... 

That's "Fahrbowl" to you, sonny!

FCC:  "The record is devoid of a demonstrated nexus between Morse code proficiency and on-the-air conduct."
W5AMI
Founder of amfone.net

Poke Greens

« Reply #64 on: December 11, 2007, 07:10:52 PM »

I just monitored on 3885 a case of 'in house' interference that really bothers me more than the cases involving other modes. An 'in progress' AM QSO was present on 3885 and three of our Southern AMers just started up another one! All three of these Southern AMers can't be suffering from poor performing receivers! Admittedly the existing AM QSO was not strong but was of decent signal strength. This kind of very poor AM operating is far more irritating to me than the others. It's just downright rude.

Mack   

I heard the same thing Mack.  That is the South Eastern AMI net, and I have to agree that it's not good operating practice even if they are a weekly net.  Their NCS should indeed contact those already on frequency and ask if they would not mind moving elsewhere as opposed to just starting it up on top of another QSO like that.  There is no net that has precedence over an ongoing QSO on the same freq., except during emergency's that have officially been given a legal right to the freq. by a much higher authority.

73 de W5AMI - Brian
W5AMI
Founder of amfone.net

Poke Greens

« Reply #65 on: December 11, 2007, 07:34:58 PM »

Being the NCS, Andy should request to all in the net who check in early that they should listen carefully for an existing QSO, and attempt to contact someone in that QSO before firing up on top of them.

Another good reason to move down to the basement....

73 de W5AMI - Brian
w1pe
« Reply #66 on: December 13, 2007, 12:34:43 PM »

Tom, I think that is covered under our Consttution as freedom of the press.
So long as you don't slander or lie you are free to publish what you want to.
I think that this is a good opportunity for a good author to do an OPED in QST.
Paul did just that in ER lets see if one can be done in QST or CQ. Were is Wayne Green when you need him  LOL

Bob W1PE
Tim WA1HnyLR

« Reply #67 on: December 13, 2007, 08:43:23 PM »

Well Well Well, I hear all of this fall out from people that KC8 NBG is threatening bodily harm to me  Hmmmmmmm. Sounds like the usual idiocracy of the one brain cell type operators  that lately have been inhabiting the spectrum from 3895--3885. I had a small battle with them last night. I got on or about 3886 or 7. I was a very clear frequency. After being in QSO for an hour or so the clowns started up on 3889 or so. I noticed that they were only about 2Khz removed from my carrier frequency. As far as I am concerned they are in my bandpass and on MY frequency, So I did the obvious. I zero beated them and continued to work Dave W9AD who has sync detection capabilities . He had no problem hearing me. The band was in excellent condition. Warren W1GUD from Floriduhh was doing quite well considering his power and antenna situation. The slopbucketeers remained on for a while but soon gave up . Even though  an AM signal is disadvantaged when going head to head with a fairly powerful slop bucket station I know my antenna system is doing the work. I guess I neutralized  the attempts of those that  tried to trash my QSO. It would behoove us all to do what can be done with our antennas to get better low angle performance as well as perhaps some gain and directivity. Run all the power you can run. Keep the modulation levels up, and work break in on slightly different frequencies . These operating techniques go a long way to holding on to the frequency under fire. Kenny ,W8NB has been battling the AMers as long as I can remember.40 years. The frequency of operation then was 3895. They were known as "The Alligators" The picked on everybody that dared to fire up on 3895 when not in use. In the late 60s into the early 70s there was a slopbucket group from the New England area that also operated on 3895. Some of the members of that group also operated AM and hung out with us on 3885. They would regale us with tales of "Alligator Battles" . The Alligators would try to drive off the New England slopbucket group from 3895 all of the time.The New England group would respond by running power and good antennas . The usual battles kept escalating. Of course the FeeCCee got many complaints.  Sometime in the late 80s and early 90s the FeeCCee clamped down on them. The group dispersed. Some of them landed on 3894.5.  . It seems that through time there has always been some group of miscreant slopbucketeers that want to rid the area of AM activity. The mess comes and goes.It is unfortunate that it comes to this . One has to stand up . I have weathered many storms. I am not one to roll over
Tim WA1HnyLR
KB2WIG
Contributing

« Reply #68 on: December 13, 2007, 08:49:06 PM »

Speak softly, and carry a big strap.   klc

What? Me worry?
ve6pg

« Reply #69 on: December 14, 2007, 12:09:52 AM »

... a few weeks ago, i came across a qso, on 40m, ssb...same situation, but this war was between ssb ops, and guys sending sstv...i think it was around 7172, or so....same stuff, deliberate qwarm, swearing, cw, i got a real kick outta it...sk...

...Yes, my name is Tim Smith...sk..
W1IA

« Reply #70 on: December 14, 2007, 12:41:42 AM »

... a few weeks ago, i came across a qso, on 40m, ssb...same situation, but this war was between ssb ops, and guys sending sstv...i think it was around 7172, or so....same stuff, deliberate qwarm, swearing, cw, i got a real kick outta it...sk...
The digi modes are hideous...Funny part is the psychology of people that hide behind microphones. If you met these people in person would they have the nerve to say or act as rude as they do when hiding behind a microphone. Its the nature of the beast.

Brent W1IA

Run What Ya Brung!
WD8BIL
Contributing

« Reply #71 on: December 14, 2007, 09:14:04 AM »

If you met these people in person would they have the nerve to say or act as rude as they do when hiding behind a microphone

Ya know Tina, ya never know.

When I was in Rottenchester one of those bigmouths came walking by my table. I caught his eye and he looked at my call letter badge and made a hasty retreat. Later, at the beer tent, he was standing 50 yrds away with a friend pointing in our direction.
I stepped outta the crowd and stood there staring at him with the best INR sh$teating grin I could muster. Again, they beat a fast retreat.

But ya just don't know nowadays who might just pull a piece on ya. It has happenend.
WA3VJB
« Reply #72 on: December 14, 2007, 12:03:17 PM »

I had a small battle with them last night. I got on or about 3886 or 7. I was a very clear frequency. After being in QSO for an hour or so the clowns started up on 3889 or so. I noticed that they were only about 2Khz removed from my carrier frequency. As far as I am concerned they are in my bandpass and on MY frequency, So I did the obvious. I zero beated them and continued to work

Did you roll tape TimTron?
Even a small battle documents a war.
Shoot me a hissette, open reel, DAT, cart, MP3, CD, DVD, VHS.
Good in the callbook.
WD8BIL
Contributing

« Reply #73 on: December 14, 2007, 01:28:34 PM »

Shoot me a hissette, open reel, DAT, cart, MP3, CD, DVD, VHS.

M.O.U.S.E. 
 Grin

What Huh?? NO BETA....... NO 8 TRACK Huh
W5AMI
Founder of amfone.net

Poke Greens

« Reply #74 on: December 14, 2007, 01:36:17 PM »

M.O.U.S.E. 
 Grin

What Huh?? NO BETA....... NO 8 TRACK Huh

Gotta have those Paul.  We can't do it without them!

73 de W5AMI - Brian
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015