The AM Forum
April 29, 2024, 07:22:40 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I have already said this would only be a matter of time...  (Read 17278 times)
W2PFY
Contributing

« Reply #25 on: September 20, 2009, 08:45:53 PM »

Yo Bruce, the link will now work here Sad

The secrecy of my job prevents me from knowing what I am doing.
KF1Z

Are FETs supposed to glow like that?

« Reply #26 on: September 20, 2009, 09:50:05 PM »

Yo Bruce, the link will now work here Sad

You have to cut and paste... won't accept direct links I guess...

Besides... this one may well have been an April idiots joke, though dated april 7.

But, it's just another example of mis-information that idiots can get ahold of and use to try and further their lost cause.

Grin

W1AEX
Un-smug-a-licious
Contributing

Apache Labs SDR

« Reply #27 on: September 20, 2009, 10:22:45 PM »

Yup, that is the infamous April Fools joke that circulated last April and stirred up quite a few people. It can still be found archived in many places. The full text is here:

http://groups.google.com/group/rec.radio.amateur.homebrew/browse_thread/thread/67214346154f09ab?pli=1

These "fear announcements" are annoying and attract a few maniacs, but other than raising blood pressure they fail in the end. Of course, there was that town that banned di-hydrogen monoxide for a period of time due to all the statistical evidence of its extreme danger...

One thing I'm certain of is that there is too much certainty in the world.
WD8BIL
Contributing

« Reply #28 on: September 21, 2009, 02:34:45 PM »

The Stanford study showed that frequencies around 3.5, 7, and 14 Megahertz were the most harmful,...

They do have a point though. Letting your children listen to 3872Khz will definatly lower their IQs.
ka3zlr
« Reply #29 on: September 21, 2009, 02:44:01 PM »

Well there's the Latest one Harrison Ford is Pushing.."Team Earth"...and he says Everybody is Part of the team.

Jack.

KB2WIG
Contributing

« Reply #30 on: September 21, 2009, 03:25:15 PM »

"" Of course, there was that town that banned di-hydrogen monoxide for a period of time due to all the statistical evidence of its extreme danger  "

Its realy dangerous stuff... You can make Explosives out of it with the commanly available Lead battery. Lead is a well known teratogen, and is a buy-product of nuklear reactions.

klc

What? Me worry?
W1UJR
« Reply #31 on: September 21, 2009, 03:31:07 PM »

The Stanford study showed that frequencies around 3.5, 7, and 14 Megahertz were the most harmful,...

They do have a point though. Letting your children listen to 3872Khz will definatly lower their IQs.

To say nothing of 3910 mHz.
W3SLK

Just another member member.

« Reply #32 on: September 21, 2009, 07:02:13 PM »

KC said:
Its realy dangerous stuff... You can make Explosives out of it with the commanly available Lead battery. Lead is a well known teratogen, and is a buy-product of nuklear reactions.

When you think about it, di-hydrogen monoxide has killed quite a few people and made a few terrorists confess!!!  Wink

Mike(y)/W3SLK
Invisible airwaves crackle with life, bright antenna bristle with the energy. Emotional feedback, on timeless wavelength, bearing a gift beyond lights, almost free.... Spirit of Radio/Rush
Steve - WB3HUZ
« Reply #33 on: September 21, 2009, 07:33:52 PM »

I hear a lot of AM on 3872.

K5UJ
Contributing

« Reply #34 on: September 21, 2009, 08:17:08 PM »

Lately I've been hearing you guys in the East on 3873 around 0200 Z

"Not taking crap or giving it is a pretty good lifestyle."--Frank
W2PFY
Contributing

« Reply #35 on: September 21, 2009, 09:52:41 PM »

But, it's just another example of mis-information that idiots can get a hold of and use to try and further their lost cause.

I agree Bruce and we are doing a fine job here bringing it to the surface from the cesspool where it belongs  Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

The secrecy of my job prevents me from knowing what I am doing.
k4kyv
Contributing Member
Don

« Reply #36 on: September 21, 2009, 10:08:53 PM »

Since the 24-hr jamming station fired up on 3890 I have been hearing a lot more AM on 3870-3880.

Now if he would just switch to upper sideband...   Grin

Don, K4KYV                                       AMI#5
Licensed since 1959 and not happy to be back on AM...    Never got off AM in the first place.

- - -
This message was typed using the DVORAK keyboard layout.
http://www.mwbrooks.com/dvorak
K5UJ
Contributing

« Reply #37 on: September 21, 2009, 11:21:17 PM »

Since the 24-hr jamming station fired up on 3890 I have been hearing a lot more AM on 3870-3880.

Now if he would just switch to upper sideband...   Grin
Last week I heard a few guys talking about someone playing music or something on there; I assume that was the jammer.  Probably another ham with a substance abuse problem.  Shouldn't be too hard to DF.

"Not taking crap or giving it is a pretty good lifestyle."--Frank
k4kyv
Contributing Member
Don

« Reply #38 on: September 21, 2009, 11:52:51 PM »

He's located in Belgrade Lakes, Maine.

Licensed since 1959 and not happy to be back on AM...    Never got off AM in the first place.

- - -
Steve - WB3HUZ
« Reply #39 on: September 22, 2009, 12:21:00 PM »

The RF scare is more widespread than just the ELF and ALF terrorists.

http://www.latimes.com/business/la-fi-lazarus9-2009sep09,0,7825195.column

And the dumb journalist makes this statement at the end.

"It's a compelling argument. And so far, no one can say with certainty that he's wrong."

I think somewhere in the universe there is a planet exactly like Earth with exactly the same people living on it as here on earth. There are even people there posting to an AM Forum Web Site. No on can say with certainty that I'm wrong. LOL.
ka3zlr
« Reply #40 on: September 22, 2009, 01:17:17 PM »

These things lend themselves to the "Plausible Deniability" issue treat them as such.

Jack.

k4kyv
Contributing Member
Don

« Reply #41 on: September 22, 2009, 02:38:16 PM »

I think somewhere in the universe there is a planet exactly like Earth with exactly the same people living on it as here on earth. There are even people there posting to an AM Forum Web Site. No on can say with certainty that I'm wrong. LOL.

That would not only be likely, but a certainty, if there were an infinite number of planets in the universe.

Not only that, but there would be another planet somewhere, exactly identical to this one except that at the moment no-one would be posting any messages on the AM Forum Web Site.  And yet another one with messages on the site but they would all be different from the messages posted on this one.  And still another one identical to earth in every minute detail including having amateur radio, but it would never have occurred to anyone to create a Citizens Band.

But now, the thinking seems to be more towards a closed system somehow folded in on itself, that is not infinitely large, so chances are extremely remote that there would be any such planets.

- - -
Steve - WB3HUZ
« Reply #42 on: September 22, 2009, 03:21:20 PM »

You can't prove I'm wrong, therefore I'm right. Ban all cell phones, and amateur radio transmitters too.   Grin Roll Eyes
W1RKW
Contributing

« Reply #43 on: September 22, 2009, 04:18:00 PM »

I wonder if that AM Fone website on the other planet has the same cast of characters on it  Wink

Bob
W1RKW
Home of GORT.
Steve - WB3HUZ
« Reply #44 on: September 22, 2009, 04:33:18 PM »

I say it does. Prove that it doesn't.

I wonder if that AM Fone website on the other planet has the same cast of characters on it  Wink
W1RKW
Contributing

« Reply #45 on: September 22, 2009, 06:54:19 PM »

That's not good.  That means there's another one of me.  Don't know if I can compete or live with that thought.

Bob
W1RKW
Home of GORT.
Ed/KB1HYS
Contributing

« Reply #46 on: September 22, 2009, 09:02:18 PM »

If you're philosophically bent, there is a physics theory (M-Theory) that there are multiple universes parallel to ours, and coexisting just a single dimension away but totally isolated (well not quiet, gravity is supposed to be able to traverse the gap - do you think we could Modulate a singularity?)
So on a purely theoretical basis, there could be a great many "yous" all slightly different based on decisions made in those alternate universes. "You" might even be dead in one of those other universes, or not even have ever been born. Humans might not exist or be so radically different as to be unrecognizable.

All things in probability combinations, although I think the limit on the number of universes was either 11 or 26 depending on certain attributes of the observer.

On a more earth-bound practical note, Google your own name and see how many people are YOU.  I was surprised at how many of me there are, unfortunately none of us appear to be rich  Undecided.

73 de Ed/KB1HYS
Happiness is Hot Tubes, Cold 807's, and warm room filling AM Sound.
 "I've spent three quarters of my life trying to figure out how to do a $50 job for $.50, the rest I spent trying to come up with the $0.50" - D. Gingery
WD8BIL
Contributing

« Reply #47 on: September 23, 2009, 07:39:33 AM »

They must be smarter than us cause they know enuf to hide from SETI !
K3ZS

« Reply #48 on: September 27, 2009, 03:37:06 PM »

There is probably a bigger dose of RF going into the brains of all the young woman walking around with cell phones attached to their heads.
w1vtp

« Reply #49 on: September 27, 2009, 04:53:22 PM »

Too many ignorant moonbats in this world.

First off - RF is non-ionizing radiation.   

The rest is Luddite ignorance masquerading as concern. 

Absolutely correct: end of story

Al
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015