The AM Forum
May 14, 2024, 11:37:48 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Early Sunday morning on 75  (Read 1720 times)
KF1Z

Are FETs supposed to glow like that?

« on: September 27, 2009, 02:40:41 AM »

Finally got to speak with Don, K4KYV on the air.

Stumbled across him at about 1:45am eastern, with Grant W4BVT, John KM4ME, and Bob AB4JK.

Then joined by John KC8VOW, and George K8RRH.

Nice signals from all here in central Verminmont.... no QRM, and not a lot of static..

I signed out at 2:30am or so.

I really should move my station into a back room somewhere, so I can get on the air late nights more often!
As it is now, the wife and kids trying to sleep keep me from getting on..
(Just so happens they are away for the weekend)

k4kyv
Contributing Member
Don

« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2009, 04:22:40 PM »

Before joining in, I heard some European AM activity on 3705 kHz, but as usual, the signals were too weak for a contact here in the hinterlands.  The east coast guys probably would have had better luck.

Probably due to lack of AM activity, some heavy duty slopbucket signals set up shop all evening on 3880, but did not cause any problem with our AM QSO on 3885.

No Balls Ree-tard was griping and bitching as usual up on 3892 about AM, but K1MAN was putting more buck-shot on their "channel" than was the AM QSO on '85.

K1MAN should switch his 24/7 slopbucket broadcast to upper sideband, and kill two birds with one stone.

Don, K4KYV                                       AMI#5
Licensed since 1959 and not happy to be back on AM...    Never got off AM in the first place.

- - -
This message was typed using the DVORAK keyboard layout.
http://www.mwbrooks.com/dvorak
KX5JT
Contributing

John-O-Phonic

« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2009, 04:39:31 PM »

I listened in quite a while after midnight.  Signals were quite strapping all around and arm chair copy.  Don was 30 over and full quieting and most of the the other stations were very close to being full quieting as well.  Noise was down and signals were up!  Looks to be a nice season.  I would hope that we can get some 40 meter AM activity as well around 7.160 at night this autumn/winter "radio season".  Is the Ethiopian nonsense still happening?  I imagine 40 meters would be a fantastic band for all but close in contacts.

AMI#1684
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015