The AM Forum
April 29, 2024, 06:29:46 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I have already said this would only be a matter of time...  (Read 17277 times)
k4kyv
Contributing Member
Don

« on: September 19, 2009, 11:12:56 AM »

Ham Radio Operators a danger to our children

Don, K4KYV                                       AMI#5
Licensed since 1959 and not happy to be back on AM...    Never got off AM in the first place.

- - -
This message was typed using the DVORAK keyboard layout.
http://www.mwbrooks.com/dvorak
nq5t
Contributing

« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2009, 11:58:44 AM »

Pretty much on a par with "killing Grandma" ;-)

You have to wonder what rock these people crawl out from under or where they picked up their notions in the first place.  The bad news, of course, is that somebody somewhere actually believes them. Sadly, even many of the responders commenting negatively on the dangers of ham radio to our children are as misguided and misinformed as the original ...
Steve - WB3HUZ
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2009, 12:54:54 PM »

LOL. Nice troll.
Fred k2dx

« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2009, 12:58:05 PM »

The ELF reference pretty much says it all...
k4kyv
Contributing Member
Don

« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2009, 01:11:35 PM »

And they don't get that p.e.p. bullshit at all.  @ 125% positive peak modulation, WOR and WLS are running more like 250,000 watts if you apply the same standard as hams running 1500 watts.

They may be a bunch of kooks, but we hafta remember, they are "doing it for the children"!

Licensed since 1959 and not happy to be back on AM...    Never got off AM in the first place.

- - -
ka3zlr
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2009, 01:11:50 PM »

Oh really, Polluting......Pollution...Polluted  used as Verb... Zed L R gets Polluted Not Often Enough.. Grin

i'm not allowed yet...

Jack.

Tom WA3KLR
Contributing

« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2009, 04:13:18 PM »

The author should practice what he preaches.  The first thing is, he should have the electric service cut off to his own house and get rid of his cell phone service.

73 de Tom WA3KLR  AMI # 77   Amplitude Modulation - a force Now and for the Future!
Ed-VA3ES

« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2009, 05:00:50 PM »

Too many ignorant moonbats in this world.

First off - RF is non-ionizing radiation.   

The rest is Luddite ignorance masquerading as concern. 

"There ain't a slaw-bukit inna worl, that kin jam me!!"
W3SLK

Just another member member.

« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2009, 07:13:40 PM »

Next thing you know, this guy will be parading Algore about having him claim that ham radio causes global warming! It sounds kooky but don't be surprised.

Mike(y)/W3SLK
Invisible airwaves crackle with life, bright antenna bristle with the energy. Emotional feedback, on timeless wavelength, bearing a gift beyond lights, almost free.... Spirit of Radio/Rush
Opcom
Patrick J. / KD5OEI
Contributing

« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2009, 07:32:45 PM »

well there is HAARP..

Radio Candelstein - Flagship Station of the NRK Radio Network.
ka3zlr
« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2009, 07:59:37 PM »

Moon Bats or Mon-Backs..... Shocked

Jack.

Ed/KB1HYS
Contributing

« Reply #11 on: September 19, 2009, 08:09:03 PM »

I have just completed an exhaustive new study, and have gotten a consensus that Vegetarians cause global warming!

According to a study conducted in 2007 by a major Californian university, Cow flatus is a major source of methane, a "green house" gas more powerful than Carbon Dioxide. Since many, many cows exist in the US and abroad, we have to limit the population by eating them. Every cow consumed eliminates some 900lbs of methane. Since PETA would not simply allow us to slaughter them outright and prevent a major global heat wave, we MUST eat them!
Since Vegans do nothing to eliminate this horrendous green house pollution, and in fact contribute quite a bit of their own flatus by virtue of their cow-like diet, they are a major source of flatus as well, compounding the effect. Recent studies show that Vegan Flatus has caused a large percentage of greenhouse warming and possibly some erosion and additional damage since they consume more than the normal amount of vegatation, which also causes CO2 increase in the atmosphere.

Fight Bunk science with MORE bunk science!  (politics at work caution, hip boots may be required in this area)...

73 de Ed/KB1HYS
Happiness is Hot Tubes, Cold 807's, and warm room filling AM Sound.
 "I've spent three quarters of my life trying to figure out how to do a $50 job for $.50, the rest I spent trying to come up with the $0.50" - D. Gingery
KD3CN
Contributing

« Reply #12 on: September 19, 2009, 08:31:27 PM »

LOL. Nice troll.

Why talk about what this moron has to say?  Nice troll indeed...
WD8BIL
Contributing

« Reply #13 on: September 19, 2009, 09:37:49 PM »

Since Vegans do nothing to eliminate this horrendous green house pollution, and in fact contribute quite a bit of their own flatus by virtue of their cow-like diet, they are a major source of flatus as well, compounding the effect.

Save the earth..... eat a Vegan!!
WA1GFZ

« Reply #14 on: September 20, 2009, 12:52:27 AM »

You know how they milk cows. Maybe we need  another interface to capture the gas and use it for fuel. Imagine a bunch of cows standing in a pasture with a hose conneted to their 6.
W2PFY
Contributing

« Reply #15 on: September 20, 2009, 09:35:33 AM »

Off this board there is some discussion going on about this on email and one well known ham say's this:

C"MON  C"MON C"MON THIS WAS A APRIL FOOLS JOKE !!!!!!!!!!!

I went to their site and so far I have not seen what has been posted above.

http://earth-liberation-front.org/

The secrecy of my job prevents me from knowing what I am doing.
ka3zlr
« Reply #16 on: September 20, 2009, 10:02:41 AM »

Now see what happens when somebody start's a rumor. now quit that chit an ....go to your room...and Not Your Radio Room...

Jack.

W1AEX
Un-smug-a-licious
Contributing

Apache Labs SDR

« Reply #17 on: September 20, 2009, 10:37:25 AM »

As a very wise man told me on 3.733 last Friday:

"Never argue with a fool because sooner or later no one will be able to tell the difference."

One thing I'm certain of is that there is too much certainty in the world.
AB3FL
« Reply #18 on: September 20, 2009, 11:06:44 AM »

I have just completed an exhaustive new study, and have gotten a consensus that Vegetarians cause global warming!

According to a study conducted in 2007 by a major Californian university, Cow flatus is a major source of methane, a "green house" gas more powerful than Carbon Dioxide. Since many, many cows exist in the US and abroad, we have to limit the population by eating them. Every cow consumed eliminates some 900lbs of methane. Since PETA would not simply allow us to slaughter them outright and prevent a major global heat wave, we MUST eat them!
Since Vegans do nothing to eliminate this horrendous green house pollution, and in fact contribute quite a bit of their own flatus by virtue of their cow-like diet, they are a major source of flatus as well, compounding the effect. Recent studies show that Vegan Flatus has caused a large percentage of greenhouse warming and possibly some erosion and additional damage since they consume more than the normal amount of vegatation, which also causes CO2 increase in the atmosphere.

Fight Bunk science with MORE bunk science!  (politics at work caution, hip boots may be required in this area)...

that is too funny.    I wonder if the ELF fruits and nuts use microwave ovens.   1200 watts at 2.4 GHZ in your face (and kids' faces)  since every kid stares at food being cooked in a microwave

Tom - AB3FL
Ed/KB1HYS
Contributing

« Reply #19 on: September 20, 2009, 02:48:31 PM »

The thing is, Ignorance is so Damned Powerful.  if you can't see it or feel it, but I can point to some bad things that happen and say "IT caused that to happen." People will believe anecdotal evidence (Urban Legend) so easily.  Correcting incorrectly educated people is extremely difficult. 

Not to mention that ignorance and fear bread powerful political tools. The environmentalists have been using extreme arguments for decades to rail against pollution.  Anyone remember the fellow back in the '70's who said that Americas rivers would be boiling in ten years because of pollution generated heat.

Bunk Science is just that BUNK. Suitable for making flower grow or politicians rich. (pick one).

Keep the populace in the dark, and feed them what you want them to believe, and you can reap a great harvest.

Do you think I'm kidding? check out this BEAUT of an article about taxing COW FARTS!
http://www.farmanddairy.com/columns/taxing-cow-farts-the-strange-and-true-from-dc/10582.html

Or just Google it.  The real reason for this?  Beef is bad for you, Can't tax food directly so lets tax it indirectly under a BUNK science legislation.

How about the crap about cell phone radiation?   I think there is more threat from a car crash from talking on your cell while driving than from brain cancer or whatever from the radiation emitted by that device.
 More BUNK science.

Remember the key to winning your Dictatorship is Ignorance and FEAR. 
Quickly Brand opponents as evil and get other folks to "take the lead".

Ahh Machiavelli would be so Proud.

73 de Ed/KB1HYS
Happiness is Hot Tubes, Cold 807's, and warm room filling AM Sound.
 "I've spent three quarters of my life trying to figure out how to do a $50 job for $.50, the rest I spent trying to come up with the $0.50" - D. Gingery
ka3zlr
« Reply #20 on: September 20, 2009, 04:03:32 PM »

Well then,.. it's time for all gud Amateurs to arm themselves with more than just good looks and brains.

When dealing with Vegans and Enviro's and HOA's at any time they attempt to come across your property line you will pull out of your Magical Bag of Wizardly Tricks....The Sledg-o-Matic and begin with an Adjustment to their obvious short coming.

Jack.

Pete, WA2CWA

CQ CQ CONTEST

« Reply #21 on: September 20, 2009, 05:50:34 PM »

Well then,.. it's time for all gud Amateurs to arm themselves with more than just good looks and brains.

Jack.

I'm comfortable with just good looks and brains  Cool

Pete, WA2CWA - "A Cluttered Desk is a Sign of Genius"
W2PFY
Contributing

« Reply #22 on: September 20, 2009, 07:15:04 PM »

I don't understand what all the hype is about when this thing is a fake Huh Huh Huh Huh

The secrecy of my job prevents me from knowing what I am doing.
k4kyv
Contributing Member
Don

« Reply #23 on: September 20, 2009, 08:14:28 PM »

I don't understand what all the hype is about when this thing is a fake Huh Huh Huh Huh

Is it a fake?  An April Fool joke? A troll post maybe, but it was posted on the Science groupsrv.com forum on the 4th of September.  And it seems real enough, considering that the alleged poster claims affiliation with a group that has been knocking down AM broadcast towers and claiming that AM radio stations emit harmful radiation.

Even if it is a fake, it's something the nut cases could grab and start running  with.  The links to the FCC website, QRZ.com callsign data base and the ELF website are real enough.  How many forwarded e-mails do we all get every day from people we know, warning us about some outrageous conspiracy going on around us and urging us to forward a further copy of the message to everyone on our mailing list?

BTW, I  did a search on the snopes.com website, and as of now, no matches on the subject were found.

- - -
KF1Z

Are FETs supposed to glow like that?

« Reply #24 on: September 20, 2009, 08:32:37 PM »

Terry,
Not a fake..!

These people are all over the place...

Do a google search for "ham radio dngerous to children", or "radio towers health threat children"...
Or any other phrase you can think up... and you'll find some group advocating getting rid of all RF, EMF, or any other thing they can think of.....
Probably sitting in front of their computer or talking about it on their cell-phones...

By the way, I saw a patent recently for a cell-phone radiation sheilding device, to protect the user from the deadly radiation...

Here's another article I found...
http://www.tcara.org/pdf_other-club-news_temp/2009-04-09_FutureOfYourRadioInstulations.pdf

"In 2008, a group of researchers in the school of Environmental Health and Safety at Stanford published
their findings that exposure to ham radio signals for three hours per day increased the risk of
hyperactivity and related disorders by 10% in children aged 12 and under. This effect was seen when a
typical ham radio was turned on up to B< mile away. The San Luis Obispo city office says that up to
11,000 children in that city live that close to a ham radio station.
The Stanford study showed that frequencies around 3.5, 7, and 14 Megahertz were the most harmful,
but that the danger existed all the way up to 450Megahertz and above."

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015