The AM Forum
April 30, 2024, 01:25:53 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: HARP  (Read 17840 times)
Opcom
Patrick J. / KD5OEI
Contributing

« Reply #25 on: June 05, 2014, 08:57:03 PM »

just get the ARRL to buy it.

Radio Candelstein - Flagship Station of the NRK Radio Network.
Steve - K4HX
Administrator

« Reply #26 on: June 05, 2014, 10:09:38 PM »

Make it a corntest station.
N8UH
Contributing

« Reply #27 on: June 05, 2014, 10:24:33 PM »

But... nobody corntests with a coudburner antenna....

Sorry. Couldn't resist.  Grin

-Tim
W3RSW
Contributing

Rick & "Roosevelt"

« Reply #28 on: June 06, 2014, 08:38:03 AM »

Oh your missing the main dish.  Due to the tremendous ionization field at altitude, all radiation upwards is redirected out wards 90 degrees, or actually cos alpha in all spherical directions.  No longer a cloud burner but a RF redirector.  Better than transmitting around the world from a plane at 150 miles up.

Actually the HAARP RF field approximates an upright cylindrical column radiating outwards in all directions and all altitudes from power balls or power bulges along the column. These bulges can be modulated to slide up or down the column at rates depending on interference from adjacent harmonic or non harmonic frequencies, and sub modulated by the rate of change of same... Grin   Whoa, careful with the analogies here R.  At critical frequencies all the radiation goes straight up, at others it goes outwards as described above.

So you see, all kinds of uses for surplus HAARP. Just takes imagination.

RICK  *W3RSW*
John Holotko

« Reply #29 on: June 08, 2014, 04:34:00 PM »

All the conspiracy theories I have heard regarding HAARP were preposterous. Anything HAARP could do to the ionosphere was drarfed by the sun.  Claims that it can change weather were absurd. HAARP does not affect the troposphere.  Just about all the conspiracy theories were perpetrated by people who don't have a clue about electromagnetic waves and propagation. I always like the claim that HAARP was top secret when in reality HAARP wasn;t classified and was open to civilian researchers, university researchers, etc. And even open to the general public once or twice a year. Still, the conspiracy theories were funny to read. Guess now that HAARP is no longer in service they'll have to find a new boogeyman. Smiley

N2IZE<br /><br />Because infinity comes in different sizes.
W9ZSL
Contributing

« Reply #30 on: June 08, 2014, 05:07:25 PM »

Now that I've actually researched the project and applied basic knowledge of propagation, this was an experiment that sought knowledge about the aurora, how it formed and how it works.  Yet conspiracy theorists could never accept the reality of the experiment.  It had to have a military and environmental purpose.

Frankly, in reality, I have my doubts that the experiment resulted in much new data above and beyond anything we already knew or suspected.

Pete, WA2CWA

CQ CQ CONTEST

« Reply #31 on: June 08, 2014, 05:56:59 PM »

I read on the internet that they talked to aliens on more then one occasion.

Pete, WA2CWA - "A Cluttered Desk is a Sign of Genius"
W9ZSL
Contributing

« Reply #32 on: June 08, 2014, 06:28:06 PM »

Yeah Pete, and Tinkerbell translated.
KB2WIG
Contributing

« Reply #33 on: June 08, 2014, 06:55:34 PM »

"  Guess now that HAARP is no longer in service.....  "

That's watt they want you to think.

klc

What? Me worry?
Pete, WA2CWA

CQ CQ CONTEST

« Reply #34 on: June 08, 2014, 07:02:03 PM »

Yeah Pete, and Tinkerbell translated.

I read that on the internet too. Amazing stuff. And, with all that HAARP radiation, we now know why she twinkled.
I wonder how the pyramids are going to get their power now with HAARP gone.

N5RLR
Extra With A Side Of Fries

Supremely Lurking

« Reply #35 on: June 09, 2014, 05:44:07 AM »

...Guess now that HAARP is no longer in service [the conspiracy nuts will] have to find a new boogeyman. Smiley

They'll just go back to chemtrails/contrails, FEMA concentration camps, NSA intercepting their phones/internet/mail, fluoride in the water, UN One World Government, etc. ad nauseam.  Roll Eyes

Michael

Licensed Since 1990  Cheesy
W3RSW
Contributing

Rick & "Roosevelt"

« Reply #36 on: June 09, 2014, 12:25:24 PM »

...enough of association by mantra of real and imagined sins coupled to actual crackpot schemes as if the two sets were equal.  We really ought to brush up on some critical thinking skills.  Grin  Darn, I'm almost wrong again, heh, heh.

Here's the real thing recorded at W3RSW's.
Capture by HAARP request, 01/20/2008
WAV and "Spectran" data.
Several of us responded and the threads are archived.  We even got auto-QSL's. After all the stuff I sent them I was transmogrified.  Grin

The WAV file does not match the visual; taken a slightly different times. Picked one with best audio.
As you know "Spectran" can catch info even below audio threshold at times.

* 8 20 at 74050005 a.jpg (118.71 KB, 790x612 - viewed 348 times.)
* 7-4 at 737big 2.wav (3925.05 KB - downloaded 125 times.)

RICK  *W3RSW*
W9ZSL
Contributing

« Reply #37 on: June 12, 2014, 12:56:55 PM »

I discovered that the September 1996 QST had an article about HAARP.
W3RSW
Contributing

Rick & "Roosevelt"

« Reply #38 on: June 13, 2014, 12:52:21 PM »

ARRL also had info on the ARLX002 Lunar Echo Experiment looking for Amateur Radio participants. in their special Bulletin ARLX002, Jan.17, 2008.  This is the one to which I and several others responded .

My old 2008 data, some shown above, was the 19 and 20 Jan 2008 Moon bounce signals from HAARP on 6.7025 and 7.4075 MHz.
This followed the October test, "The bistatic low frequency lunar radar experiment."
This was in conjunction with the LWA in New Mexico. 

Info missing from previous Spectran shot in add'n to date and time was: 7.4075Mhz received via
QS1R., inv. "L" ant. , predominant lobes from "MMANA" calcs. north/south in azimuth and easterly in altitude..  Also my lat. and long. and a bunch of notes. 

RICK  *W3RSW*
John K5PRO

« Reply #39 on: June 19, 2014, 09:04:43 PM »

More recent (good) news from HAARP:

https://www.wnyc.org/radio/#/ondemand/378549

http://www.alaskapublic.org/2014/06/11/air-force-confirms-delay-of-haarp-demolition/

and today from the ARRL:
http://www.arrl.org/news/view/newly-minted-ham-hopes-his-celestial-concert-is-not-haarp-s-final-opus
W3RSW
Contributing

Rick & "Roosevelt"

« Reply #40 on: June 20, 2014, 08:01:21 AM »

Good. Hope it works out. Perhaps UA can find ways to operate and maintain it for far less than $5 mm / year.

Ops Volunteers anyone?  Cool

RICK  *W3RSW*
John K5PRO

« Reply #41 on: July 02, 2014, 09:53:16 PM »

The latest news is good for the HF site in Alaska.

http://m.ktuu.com/news/air-force-delays-closure-of-haarp-until-2015/26766556
Pete, WA2CWA

CQ CQ CONTEST

« Reply #42 on: July 12, 2014, 03:02:42 AM »

Sounds like the Air Force has their own agenda:
http://www.arrl.org/news/haarp-death-sentence-stayed-but-facility-being-dismantled-piece-by-piece

W3RSW
Contributing

Rick & "Roosevelt"

« Reply #43 on: July 12, 2014, 08:04:32 AM »

Well jeez, Pete. As usual from your first source, your the first to tip us off.  Grin. You of all people know they have to remove the alien transmogrifier and other infra-space transmission goodies  before we, the unwashed, are able to discover them.

I mean, ca'mon, do you think any of us believe that your front business pushing wire didn't come without signing a non-disclosure agreement to not spill the beans about where your "ultra-pli-zero-resistance" (RG-UP0R 50) coax came from?  Grin

Seriously, back in the Cold War era we never would have even heard of the HAARP project, let alone have perceived input into its outcome.  Note that the key word is "perceive."  G'knows what's going on now.  No doubt in my mind that the football field sized, super air conditioned and mega power hungry buildings in Utah have been added to several other nations N target list.

Oops, wandered off topic again. Tnx fer info Pete. Yeah, looks like UA or whomever will be left with only some buildings and property taxes.

RICK  *W3RSW*
W9ZSL
Contributing

« Reply #44 on: July 13, 2014, 09:13:26 PM »

Cool Years ago, early 50's, an interesting book was published with a theory that UFOs were actually life forms that exist in the upper atmosphere.  Follow me here.  The early 50s flaps had some peculiar side effects.  One of these was labeled "ectoplasm" a peculiar substance which in one particular instance draped itself over power lines when the UFO exploded.  Slimed everything.  People gathered up samples in jars.  It simply disappeared and or de-ionized.  I'm perfectly serious.  I've been studying UFOs, physics, meta-physics (!?) and there could very well be "Plasmatic Organic Colonies" feeding off pure sunlight and what drifts up from below.  They can move quickly.  So what would prompt an encounter between that entity which actually can change states between semi-solid and plasma?  Maybe it has to take a shit!  Maybe every UFO we see is like a cell shucked off a big UFO that decided to drift down.  In a case of one landing and vaporizing (on record) leaving radioactivity behind, (dead baby, whatever) physical effects happened to everyone on the family farm.  Mom who walked into the radioactive circle first died from cancer as I recall.  

We don't have a clue about life forms in the upper atmosphere any more than we can figure out how all those lifeforms can exist under pressure at the bottom of earth's deepest depth.  UFOs might actually be life forms in a plasmic form. They travel along the Earth's magnetic field lines at near the speed of light.  I hope HAARP didn't confuse them.  Not possible?  Why not?  Consider the Jelly Fish Colony, then project that into the ionosphere.Grin  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015