The AM Forum
April 28, 2024, 07:24:19 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: How About Reports from Dayton???  (Read 16363 times)
Detroit47

« Reply #25 on: May 21, 2013, 01:43:51 PM »

Thanks for the info. It came to me as part of a package deal. It don't look too bad inside, but it won't win any beauty contests.

John
Detroit47

« Reply #26 on: May 21, 2013, 07:03:45 PM »

Pete any idea where I may find a schematic for that receiver. A service manual would be nice but I would settle for the IF frequency.

73 John N8QPC
Steve - K4HX
Administrator

« Reply #27 on: May 21, 2013, 07:36:09 PM »

And the burning question: Did it rain?
W2PFY
Contributing

« Reply #28 on: May 21, 2013, 08:19:55 PM »

And the burning question: Did it rain?

I don't think it did but the sewer was especially smelly this year. It has something to do with the aging ham community per the stink squad Lips sealed Lips sealed 

The secrecy of my job prevents me from knowing what I am doing.
Pete, WA2CWA

CQ CQ CONTEST

« Reply #29 on: May 21, 2013, 09:41:53 PM »

Pete any idea where I may find a schematic for that receiver. A service manual would be nice but I would settle for the IF frequency.

73 John N8QPC

We talked about this receiver briefly back in 2011: http://amfone.net/Amforum/index.php?topic=29847.0
Have no clue where you could get a schematic. Use the NC-200 info. National made few dedicated service manuals. Any service related information came in their operating manuals.
Hey, its got four 117N7 tubes in it and it's AC and DC; that's cool; watch what you ground; personally, I would have dumped it as quickly as I got it.

Pete, WA2CWA - "A Cluttered Desk is a Sign of Genius"
Detroit47

« Reply #30 on: May 22, 2013, 01:08:36 PM »

Pete I tried to get rid of it but no one would bite. I am going to see how it will play with a little TLC. I figure it deserves a chance. It was part of the best deal of the swap. It was late Saturday and some fellow had the receiver and two Johnson Viking II's stacked by his car. He was getting ready to leave and offered me all three for twenty bucks. So that was the cause of another year I brought home more than I took with me. When will it end?

John N8QPC
kf4qkr

Old Buzzard AM

« Reply #31 on: May 23, 2013, 07:34:28 PM »

There was no rain on friday but it rained off and on saturday ,hard at times. I got pretty wet but it felt good in the heat.Fleamarketiers covered their stuf for a while but nobody left.I cant tell you about sunday because we left saturday night.

Mike
KA3EKH

« Reply #32 on: May 24, 2013, 09:26:53 AM »

I was there on Friday and Saturday, went up to Fair Radio on Thursday being that I was in the neighborhood. Did rain on Saturday and think that drove attendance down on Saturday but Friday was good day. Saw lots of R-390 receivers including several parts sets and a high number of R-388 receivers along with all the usual overpriced Collins stuff. I took a truckload of junk and sold all of it, but also bought a bunch of junk and brought it back with me. Not a bad year, and considering that the Hara arena is still a dump with the parking lot being a sea of pot holes have to say there’s no other Ham fest that I have been to that compares.

WA3VJB
« Reply #33 on: May 24, 2013, 09:46:04 AM »

How's the "new" location for Fair Radio? 
I was at the old location a couple times, wow, was that a gold mine.

Surprising that you saw so many R-390, usually they are outnumbered by R390A.
I'm sure you know they are vastly different inside.

I was there on Friday and Saturday, went up to Fair Radio on Thursday being that I was in the neighborhood...

//
...Saw lots of R-390 receivers including several parts sets ...

KA3EKH

« Reply #34 on: May 24, 2013, 09:50:55 AM »

My mistake, think they were almost all A series. Never been to the old Fair location, just the new place off 75 that use to be a lumber yard. The front of the building is nice being there is light but the back half is full to the ceilings with rows of stuff but you have to use a flashlight to see anything. There is also a lot of stuff piled up outside.

Sam KS2AM
Contributing

« Reply #35 on: May 24, 2013, 10:30:06 AM »

There are a bunch of Hamvention 2013 videos on youtube.  Heres a video slideshow from the guy that posts one of these every year.

Hamvention 2013 slide show

--- Post No Bills ---
K5UJ
Contributing

« Reply #36 on: May 24, 2013, 10:56:22 AM »

I saw 3 or 4 R390s.  To me that was an unusually high amount.  At a lot of fests I go to there isn't a single one.  All 390As.

"Not taking crap or giving it is a pretty good lifestyle."--Frank
K4NYW
Contributing

« Reply #37 on: May 24, 2013, 11:00:51 AM »

I took a batch of photos at Fair Radio on last year's visit - will give you the flavor of the "new" place.
http://www.virhistory.com/ham/fair-12.htm
cheers,
Nick K4NYW

KI4MXO

« Reply #38 on: May 24, 2013, 11:38:27 AM »

I purchased an RX-1 Mohawk for 50 bucks that works! I have it on the bench right now warming up for an alignment. Also purchased an HQ 129-X for parts fo 35 bucks. Its going to help restore mine. A few odds and ends and also picked up most of the accessories i needed for my BC1000 packset. Great times!

73,<br />Josh KI4MXO
WA3VJB
« Reply #39 on: May 24, 2013, 02:08:16 PM »

Well THAT was magic -- I opened up your page Nick and I smelled MFP & dust.  Amazing.

Thanks for the shots. I guess Sellati made the right move.

I took a batch of photos at Fair Radio on last year's visit - will give you the flavor of the "new" place.
http://www.virhistory.com/ham/fair-12.htm
cheers,
Nick K4NYW

MikeKE0ZUinkcmo

« Reply #40 on: June 01, 2013, 08:01:31 AM »

I went all three days, and it did rain on Saturday for a while.   The arena areas were PACKED  for a couple hours so I just sat in the seating above the crowd.  I got a nice 141T with three RF and a pair of IF plug-ins.  Also bought a junker HT32.

Mike KE0ZU

Bold Text and PICS are usually links

https://mikeharrison.smugmug.com/
KD0HUX

« Reply #41 on: June 01, 2013, 09:15:13 PM »

I've posted about 400 photos of Dayton boatanchors at
http://www.virhistory.com/ham/dayton-13.htm
cheers,
Nick K4NYW

Nice job, Nick.  Quite a lot of gear to look at.

The last eight pics...  Robert / W0VMC has one of the prettiest combinations of commercial cabinetry, homebrew additions and modifications I've seen.

T
I've posted about 400 photos of Dayton boatanchors at
http://www.virhistory.com/ham/dayton-13.htm
cheers,
Nick K4NYW

Nice job, Nick.  Quite a lot of gear to look at.

The last eight pics...  Robert / W0VMC has one of the prettiest combinations of commercial cabinetry, homebrew additions and modifications I've seen.

T
I AGREE 100% Cool Cool Cool Cool
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015