The AM Forum
April 28, 2024, 01:35:23 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Tom Vu schools "The Don" on technique numba 155...  (Read 14380 times)
W1AEX
Un-smug-a-licious
Contributing

Apache Labs SDR

« on: March 26, 2013, 01:07:34 AM »

You never know what wisdom will come forth on 75 meter AM. While innocently tuning through the AM Ghetto I heard Tom Vu schooling "The Don" on technique "numba 155" from the Tom Vu seminar on wealth acquisition and the accumulation of "pletty gilrls".  (That is not a misspelling.) Use this information wisely...

* Tom Vu Schools the Don on Technique Numba 155.mp3 (2379.59 KB - downloaded 532 times.)

One thing I'm certain of is that there is too much certainty in the world.
WZ5Q

« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2013, 03:04:38 AM »

I have been ENLIGHTENED!

Mike
WZ5Q
From Deep Down in the Dark Dismal Swamps of the Calcasieu
http://www.wz5q.net
flintstone mop
Contributing

« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2013, 04:56:07 PM »

ohh boy TomVU dot com....getting some edumacation

Fred KC4MOP
wd9ive
Contributing

« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2013, 05:55:23 PM »

If this is the kind of garbage that happens on AM out east I'm glad I live in the midwest Huh Huh
Steve - K4HX
Administrator

« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2013, 06:42:54 PM »

Oh geez, the regionalist range wars. More of the "where I live is better than where you live" nonsense. Stop it!
Tom WA3KLR
Contributing

« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2013, 08:00:37 PM »

This week must be the peak of cabin fever.

73 de Tom WA3KLR  AMI # 77   Amplitude Modulation - a force Now and for the Future!
KA0HCP
Contributing

« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2013, 08:25:16 PM »

If this is the kind of garbage that happens on AM out east I'm glad I live in the midwest Huh Huh
You may have a lot of real estate in the Midwest, but you haven't taken the seminar!

New callsign KA0HCP, ex-KB4QAA.  Relocated to Kansas in April 2019.
Todd, KA1KAQ
Administrator

AMbassador

« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2013, 09:18:58 PM »

Oh geez, the regionalist range wars. More of the "where I live is better than where you live" nonsense. Stop it!

It's not a regional thing, Steve. I've heard plenty of folks over the years from 4, 5 Land, 6 Land, 7 Land and other call areas join in with Tom, Tim, Chuck and others on 75m late at night. It tends to be more of a 'see me, pay attention to me because I'm better than they are' type of deal.

If you don't like the on-air activity, by all means - don't take part. The same common sense rule applies to internet threads, believe it or not. The vast majority of folks seem to understand this.

known as The Voice of Vermont in a previous life
W1TAV
Contributing

The Glow of Wood and Radios

« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2013, 09:38:01 PM »

Too Funny.. Nothing wong here...

Steve - W1TAV
K1JJ
Contributing

"Let's go kayaking, Tommy!" - Yaz

« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2013, 11:21:30 PM »

Do you know why most hams leave the hobby?  BOREDOM....

This kind of 75M fun has been going on for at least 40 years that I can remember.  And this session was nothing - no conflicts, no swearing, no insults.... are you kidding?   Lighten up.  We can talk about modifying DX-100's and our latest gall bladder operation only so long before guys start signing out.

Life and ham radio are a big party. Enjoy it while you can.  I will always go where there is laughter.

Rob, post some of the crazy times you've recorded on 75 to liven this joint up... Grin

T

Use an "AM Courtesy Filter" to limit transmit audio bandwidth  +-4.5 KHz, +-6.0 KHz or +-8.0 KHz when needed.  Easily done in DSP.

Wise Words : "I'm as old as I've ever been... and I'm as young as I'll ever be."

There's nothing like an old dog.
Pete, WA2CWA

CQ CQ CONTEST

« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2013, 11:48:06 PM »

Do I sense "The Tillie and Lillie Story" coming?  Cheesy

Pete, WA2CWA - "A Cluttered Desk is a Sign of Genius"
W1AEX
Un-smug-a-licious
Contributing

Apache Labs SDR

« Reply #11 on: March 27, 2013, 12:09:13 AM »

It was just a bit of harmless fun! No rules were broken, call signs were announced every 10 minutes and it was all good. For those who were there, it provoked nothing more than a lot of laughs. Apologies if posting this caused any misunderstanding for those who have never met Mr. Vu!   Smiley

Rob W1AEX

One thing I'm certain of is that there is too much certainty in the world.
W7TFO
WTF-OVER in 7 land Dennis
Contributing

IN A TRIODE NO ONE CAN HEAR YOUR SCREEN

« Reply #12 on: March 27, 2013, 01:26:56 AM »

A LOT more entertaining than most of the crap I hear on 75.

Way better than the new SNL.

73DG

Just pacing the Farady cage...
W1RC
Contributing

« Reply #13 on: March 27, 2013, 04:26:31 AM »

Do you know why most hams leave the hobby?  BOREDOM....

This kind of 75M fun has been going on for at least 40 years that I can remember.  And this session was nothing - no conflicts, no swearing, no insults.... are you kidding?   Lighten up.  We can talk about modifying DX-100's and our latest gall bladder operation only so long before guys start signing out.

Life and ham radio are a big party. Enjoy it while you can.  I will always go where there is laughter.
The reason so many come to Deerfield is to have fun and a few laughs with old friends. Especially in today's world is this a bad thing?   In nearly 50 years licensed I have always believed if you hear something on the air you don't like QSY.  That's what the big knob is for.

MrMike, W1RC

"It is a good thing we don't get the government we pay for."  Will Rogers.
K5UJ
Contributing

« Reply #14 on: March 27, 2013, 06:26:04 AM »

Do you know why most hams leave the hobby?  BOREDOM....

I haven't listened to the recording or whatever it is and don't care about it but I'll say that if hams are bored, here are some good reasons why that is:

1.  I decided to get me my ham ticket now that there's no CW test and I can memorize the multiple guess answers and keep taking the test until I pass...
2.  I got out my credit card and ordered a big old no-tune plastic radio, no tune plastic leenyar, coax cable with the ends crimped on, and one of them all band no-radials needed miracle antennas.
3.  I hooked everything up and plugged everything in, and now I'm a regular member of a slopbucket dead-air group, guarding the frequency so no one else uses it while we sit around and listen to dead air.
4.   Boy this ham radio stuff--there's nothing to it--all I hear is other credit card hams arguing about which plastic radio is better; I guess I'll get into glass audio or bird watching.

"Not taking crap or giving it is a pretty good lifestyle."--Frank
W3RSW
Contributing

Rick & "Roosevelt"

« Reply #15 on: March 27, 2013, 10:00:01 AM »

You miss much by not listling to file.
 :)TomVu listen on 3843 late nights for laughs. He check in once in while to nip possum.
Possum not impressed - no slense of humor.  Jlust like some on board.

TomVu way cleaner than 90percent of hams, we see.

Wish I met him sooner.

RICK  *W3RSW*
W2ZE
« Reply #16 on: March 27, 2013, 11:11:14 AM »

far better to have ham conversations like this:

Hi..Hi..FB OM, the WX here is cloudy and wasn't able to get to the doctors appointment for my follow up on my colonoscopy Hi..Hi...FB the XYL goes to the Doctor next week for her swollen kankles, sure hope the WX is better then, Hi...Hi. Sure do like that new KENYaeCom rig, can't afford it, but might get me one of them Heil mikafones to make the rig sound better like them splattering East coasters Hi... Hi....

And some wonder why I don't get on anymore..... Roll Eyes
KB2WIG
Contributing

« Reply #17 on: March 27, 2013, 11:28:45 AM »

I'd much rather listen to Mr. VU and Mr. Don than cry over the early demise of Rico Suave.

By the way, my follow up colon oscopy is coming up shortly. I'm going to see if the mic cable will reach upstairs so I can keep all informed.

klc

When I get the 813 rig up and running, I'll be an Am ganstra and squash all of 'em like a bug.

What? Me worry?
K1JJ
Contributing

« Reply #18 on: March 27, 2013, 12:12:20 PM »

The next time your rig blows up or life gets ya down, just sit back and play this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Z4m4lnjxkY

Cheesy

T

Use an "AM Courtesy Filter" to limit transmit audio bandwidth  +-4.5 KHz, +-6.0 KHz or +-8.0 KHz when needed.  Easily done in DSP.

Wise Words : "I'm as old as I've ever been... and I'm as young as I'll ever be."

W4EWH

« Reply #19 on: March 27, 2013, 03:51:12 PM »

The next time your rig blows up or life gets ya down, just sit back and play this:

I couldn't tell if his lips were moving. Was it a tribute video, or was he supposed to be singing?

Life's too short for plastic radios.  Wallow in the hollow! - KD1SH
W1ATR
Resident HVAC junkie

« Reply #20 on: March 27, 2013, 04:39:41 PM »

Meh, haters gonna hate....Unless they want something from ya, then they're suddenly ur best buddy in the whole wide whirl.

That Max Headroom bit at the end killed me, lol.

Don't start nuthin, there won't be nuthin.

Jared W1ATR

Click for radio pix
w3jn
Johnny Novice
Administrator

« Reply #21 on: March 27, 2013, 05:17:19 PM »

Nosir, we can't EVER give anyone the impression that guys can have fun on ham radio.  We need to impress people that amateur radio operators are PROFESSIONAL.  Oh wait...

FCC:  "The record is devoid of a demonstrated nexus between Morse code proficiency and on-the-air conduct."
wd9ive
Contributing

« Reply #22 on: March 27, 2013, 06:13:28 PM »

guy's,

maybe i jumped the gun and was too critical. Sounds llke Tom Vu is a regular regional AM thing you boys out east do and enjoy, kind of like Uncle Ed WA3PUN doing Amos and Andy back in the day. Sometimes I just get freaked out when I hear stuff like this. When I listened to the audio clip it just reminded me of 11 meters. I got my start there like many of us did and I worked hard to get my ticket and escape, I probably get over protective of the priviliges I've worked hard for. I completely understand the spirit and good natured fun of theTom Vu thing. Even us "hayseeds" in the midwest like to have fun on the air from time to time. No harm No foul.. keep it up and enjoy, life is short Smiley

73's
w1vtp

« Reply #23 on: March 27, 2013, 06:19:02 PM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Z4m4lnjxkY

Cheesy

T

If I fell asleep in bed watching my TV (which I frequently do) and woke up with that playing, I crap my bed.  That was creapy Grin

Al
K1JJ
Contributing

« Reply #24 on: March 27, 2013, 06:45:01 PM »

I couldn't tell if his lips were moving. Was it a tribute video, or was he supposed to be singing?

Proof that manikins do come to life!

There's an interesting story behind that video. It was made in the former Soviet Union in the early 70's. The song lyrics originally talked of an American Cowboy exhilarated to come home after a long absence.  The "Red Heads" didn't like the idea that Americans were happy - and censored it.  Thus, the lalala lyrics and Eduard Khil was nicknamed the "Trololo Man."

A few years ago it was all the rage and kids were flash mob dancing to it.

The Huzman has been known to suddenly sing a great impression of Trololo in public places...  Shocked

T

** Al, you'll be singing it for days.... watch... Wink

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015