The AM Forum
May 01, 2024, 01:15:44 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Derb back on the air with a lot of help from my friends  (Read 11996 times)
W4EWH

« Reply #25 on: November 23, 2007, 09:55:55 PM »

Phred,

it's a Gonset, 

Derb,

My brother, W3TDH, just got a GSB-201. The Bias leads on the rear panel are jumpered together. Do you run yours that way?

TIA.

Bill

Life's too short for plastic radios.  Wallow in the hollow! - KD1SH
N3DRB The Derb
« Reply #26 on: November 24, 2007, 12:21:55 AM »

This ones been modified into one that works with a transceiver. Its the original model and unless modified as such it wont work with a transceiver. The Mark 2 and up will.

GSB 201 - rule #1, DONT EVER CHANGE THE BANDSWITCH WITHOUT TURNING THE POWER TOTALLY OFF. If you change the position while the amp is keyed you will probably for sure burn up the bandswitch. The one I got given only works on 75 and 40. Someone burned the crap out of the switch - wont work on 20 15, or 10. The contacts are burned away.  Cry

I have a copy of the manual that covers every model made in a pdf file. - give me ur email and I'll send it to you. My bias leads are not hooked up inside the amp as sock -but there's no jumper. You need the manual. Me send. Smiley
Vortex Joe - N3IBX

« Reply #27 on: November 24, 2007, 01:23:10 AM »

Derb - Looking forward to working you this Winter!

Joe Cro N3IBX

Anything that is Breadboarded,Black Crackle, or that squeals when you tune it gives me MAJOR WOOD!
w3jn
Johnny Novice
Administrator

« Reply #28 on: November 24, 2007, 09:33:21 AM »

Tim, you shoulda joined in  Grin  First time I've ever had two of my own stations on the air at the same time, TNX to HUZ  Grin

I am so glad you're back in da mode!

FCC:  "The record is devoid of a demonstrated nexus between Morse code proficiency and on-the-air conduct."
flintstone mop
Contributing

« Reply #29 on: November 24, 2007, 11:24:20 AM »

Tim
It returns to you slowly. After my two surgeries and CHEMO I thought I would never be able to hold a soldering iron with a steady hand or use tools to build anything. I was a physical and mental mess a year and a half ago. And a newborn added to the stress that life was giving me. I'm thankful that I have a wife who took on the entire load. That's why they are called help mate!
Can you describe your antenna?  I should look at the W7FG site, I guess to smoke his stuff over, not that I'm gonna change anything here now that it's Winter. oops I forgot this is the time to build antennas.

Fred

Fred KC4MOP
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015