The AM Forum
May 21, 2024, 06:14:49 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I got my AMI number today...  (Read 2141 times)
kf6pqt

« on: November 23, 2007, 07:03:24 PM »

After my submission worked its way to the top of a 6 month + backlog, Dale, KW1I emailed my my AMI number...

Just like the modulators in my DX-100 o'hell. Wink

Well, since 807, 813, and 833 were already taken, I figure its a pretty darn cool number!

-Jason kf6pqt

W6IEE, formerly KF6PQT
WA3VJB
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2007, 07:07:57 PM »

I'm glad to hear Dale is trying to keep AMI going.

I haven't heard anything about AMI in months, including any coverage in Electric Radio.

When Dale founded the group, I had hoped it would include some efforts, when needed, on behalf of AM. 

But, it's more of an operating group, with wallpaper for various events and that's fine.

I just wish they were more "out there" as something promoting AM among publishing outlets and websites.

I was among the first to sign up -- AMI No. 7
K6IC
Contributing

« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2007, 07:30:04 PM »

Hi Jason,

Congrats   Think that Dale is running a bit behind.

I havva high number,  but happy that AMI is there.

Thanks Paul for all your efforts on behalf of we AMers,  AMfone is also a great help as well .. Thanks Bruce.   73  C U on AM   Vic   K6IC
flintstone mop
Contributing

« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2007, 07:30:40 PM »

ok FIIINE!!!
Fred

Fred KC4MOP
k4kyv
Contributing Member
Don

« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2007, 08:43:27 PM »

I haven't heard anything about AMI in months, including any coverage in Electric Radio.

When Dale founded the group, I had hoped it would include some efforts, when needed, on behalf of AM. 

But, it's more of an operating group, with wallpaper for various events and that's fine.

I just wish they were more "out there" as something promoting AM among publishing outlets and websites.

One of the basic purposes of AMI, following the demise of the SPAM organisation, was to keep the AM community informed of potential threats to AM and help us stay united to defend our position when necessary.  Those efforts became less relevant as more and more amateurs gained access to the internet and the WWW, now including the majority of the AM community.  Much the same as with The AM Press/Exchange.

To-day, news of something that looks even the slightest bit threatening, for example, the recent IARU Band Plan debacle and the earlier ARRL bandwidth petition, quickly spreads, with plenty of discussion and exchanges of ideas, via this Forum and the AM Reflector and others, as well as by private individual e-mail.

Those who would try to guilefully sneak through docket proposals, petitions, band plan changes, etc. no  longer have the luxury of being able to work for weeks towards their ill-conceived goals while the wider community remains in the dark, before word can spread by paper publications and word of mouth over the air.

Don, K4KYV                                       AMI#5
Licensed since 1959 and not happy to be back on AM...    Never got off AM in the first place.

- - -
This message was typed using the DVORAK keyboard layout.
http://www.mwbrooks.com/dvorak
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015