The AM Forum
May 03, 2024, 04:03:35 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Butler Hamfest  (Read 6864 times)
wb2fof

« on: June 04, 2007, 10:38:22 AM »

Butler Hamfest-

After a day and a half at the Rockychester NY fest, (with other issues !) we did the drive to the Butler Pa. show yesterday. Weather turned out super and I must say the guys of that group did a really nice job. Really easy going and nice facility. (Deerfield kind of place)

My oldest son living in Pa.  met us there to help with the set-up. Plenty of "old stuff" in the flea-market. Found some needed tubes and a bunch of other parts.

Had Bill, "WTK" stop by the spot ! He helped remove more weight off the truck ! Thanks Bill !!
Saw a bunch of other AM'ers and probably missed a few !

I'll definitely do this one again and recommend it to anyone ! They let you in Saturday night at 5:00pm. You can camp there, set-up your tables, or get a room up the road.

Thanks to the Breezeshooters group !

Bob, WB2FOF 

Bob
WA3VJB
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2007, 10:48:47 AM »

I couldn't have gone to either of them this weekend, but in the past I regretted that Butler conflicted with Rochester since the NY fest was the one I went to.

Now, what with these reports of a falloff, it could be time to take a look at western Penna next year.

Bill WTK sure gets around  !! Saw him at Frank's for Timonium (Maryland) and now hee's right from Dayton (O.) where he stood around empty-handed, seemed to me. Hope he hit a treasure or two at Butler.
KA8WTK
Contributing

« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2007, 06:19:18 PM »

Paul,
  You just didn't see my fold up cart when it was loaded!

Bill KA8WTK

Bill KA8WTK
Ed - N3LHB
Contributing

« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2007, 09:42:55 PM »

So does anyone have a report for Breezeshooters? Was it a bust or a great fester? I didn't feel like making the 6 hours round trip trek with the threat of rain and thunderstorms.... Wuz I a wuss?
WA3VJB
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2007, 05:02:44 AM »

You are definitely a wuss.

I don't know about the hamfest.

WB3LEQ

« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2007, 08:36:48 AM »

The Breeze Shooters fest is the biggest & best in Western Pa.  Overall there was a pretty good turn out.  Probably 50 or so vacancies would have been filled if the weather was a bit better.

Also scuttle butt news was overheard that the Butler COUNTY Hamfest held at the same location in a few months will not take place this year due to problems with coordination. I'm hoping this is just a bad rumor so check the ARRL website to see if it gets scheduled or canceled.

Bob  WB3LEQ
Keep America Beautiful - Smash an ICOM!
Pete, WA2CWA

CQ CQ CONTEST

« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2007, 12:27:53 PM »

The Breeze Shooters fest is the biggest & best in Western Pa.  Overall there was a pretty good turn out.  Probably 50 or so vacancies would have been filled if the weather was a bit better.

Also scuttle butt news was overheard that the Butler COUNTY Hamfest held at the same location in a few months will not take place this year due to problems with coordination. I'm hoping this is just a bad rumor so check the ARRL website to see if it gets scheduled or canceled.

Butler County Hamfest is dead.
See our thread from last September 2006:
http://amfone.net/Amforum/index.php?topic=8543.0

or read it from their web site:
http://www.w3udx.org/images/Tell-A-Ham/tah_09_061.pdf

Pete, WA2CWA - "A Cluttered Desk is a Sign of Genius"
W3RSW
Contributing

Rick & "Roosevelt"

« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2007, 12:56:06 PM »

A very close fester for me; only and hour and a half away.  Missed it a/c other engagement this time, so....

Best memory: meeting Pittsburgh Ed.
Talk about a ham's ham; he sent me a couple of FB neut. condensers.  You know, the ones with the barrel within a barrel on ceramic standoffs. 

Best time: beer over by the airport fence with gudbuddy yea-ammers. Ah, boy, guess that was 4 or 5 yrs. ago. Man, how time zips along.

Best prize: won a bag of six ant. insulators.  Just enough for a loop, uh huh.   

RICK  *W3RSW*
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015