The AM Forum
April 27, 2024, 01:25:05 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Road Trip Planned - NH to Three Land  (Read 15021 times)
Vortex Joe - N3IBX

« Reply #25 on: May 24, 2007, 09:01:48 PM »

We will call you Sat. AM when we hit the road. That should give you an hour or two notice whatever the travel time is.
Keith

Keith,
       Fine Business OM!

Joe Cro N3IBX

Anything that is Breadboarded,Black Crackle, or that squeals when you tune it gives me MAJOR WOOD!
Vortex Joe - N3IBX

« Reply #26 on: May 25, 2007, 06:58:22 PM »

Keith,Brent,Everyone,
                            Just to let you know, I won't be home until 12 noon on Saturday, so I can take care of a few incidentals, chores, etc.

For anyone who wishes to call, my telephonium number is: 215-493-1926.

Looking forward to seeing you'ins!
                                            Joe Cro N3IBX

Joe Cro N3IBX

Anything that is Breadboarded,Black Crackle, or that squeals when you tune it gives me MAJOR WOOD!
w3jn
Johnny Novice
Administrator

« Reply #27 on: May 26, 2007, 08:50:52 AM »

Joe, message passed.  They left here about 15 minutes ago and are going to Joisey first to pick something up, then to your place.  Should work out OK FINE!

FCC:  "The record is devoid of a demonstrated nexus between Morse code proficiency and on-the-air conduct."
Tom WA3KLR
Contributing

« Reply #28 on: May 26, 2007, 07:41:14 PM »

I arrived at Joe's about 2 p.m. and met Keith and Brent.  Soon a few more AM'ers arrived.

Some photos:

1. The Pony Express Trailer.  Note the 5.9 kVA modulation transformer just forward of the right tire.

2. The broadcash transmitter on the left side of the trailer.

3. Group picture - Terry N3GTE, Keith WA1HZK, Ken W2DTC, Joe N3IBX, Steve WA2DTW, and Brent W1IA.

* 2007_0526Image0009.JPG (129.75 KB, 640x480 - viewed 363 times.)

* 2007_0526Image0016.JPG (128.08 KB, 640x480 - viewed 373 times.)

* gte_hzk_dtc_ibx_dtw_ia.JPG (187.21 KB, 978x630 - viewed 409 times.)

73 de Tom WA3KLR  AMI # 77   Amplitude Modulation - a force Now and for the Future!
Vortex Joe - N3IBX

« Reply #29 on: May 26, 2007, 08:11:52 PM »

Terry N3GTE, Keith WA1HZK, Ken W2DTC, Steve WA2DTW, and Brent W1IA; Many thanks for stopping by and for being the "AM Pony Express" for many destinations from Maine to Maryland.

Keith, WA1HZK, it was a pleasure meeting you for the first time, and hope you can stop over again and get the "plate transformer with headroom" out of my basement shack.

Tom,Ken,Brent, looking forward to seeing the pics from all of your visits today!

A good time was had by all, and I got Brent-Tina to operate a tube rig on 75M - hi!

Very Best Regards,
                        Joe Cro N3IBX

Joe Cro N3IBX

w3jn
Johnny Novice
Administrator

« Reply #30 on: May 27, 2007, 08:59:04 AM »

Was great to see Brent and Keith... they picked up an assortment of heavy iron from Fran W3SCC destined for the shacks of K1KW, WA1HLR, and KC2IFR.  Plus a 200 pound veriable regulated supply for Brent's Class E work from me which I was VERY happy to see go down the road.

Of course everything in my shack works 100% FB when I'm alone but I had multiple issues when demoing to Brent and Keith -  was getting a huge amount of backwave from my sig gen for some reason, then I hooked up the GPT-750s internal VFO and that didn't work for some reason.  Finally hooked up the FT-1000 ricebox and there was arcage (wchich I found was my putting on the PL-259 on the linear in haste).

Hope ya'll come back for a little longer next time!

FCC:  "The record is devoid of a demonstrated nexus between Morse code proficiency and on-the-air conduct."
W1IA

« Reply #31 on: May 27, 2007, 09:24:03 AM »

Was great to see Brent and Keith... they picked up an assortment of heavy iron from Fran W3SCC destined for the shacks of K1KW, WA1HLR, and KC2IFR.  Plus a 200 pound veriable regulated supply for Brent's Class E work from me which I was VERY happy to see go down the road.

Of course everything in my shack works 100% FB when I'm alone but I had multiple issues when demoing to Brent and Keith -  was getting a huge amount of backwave from my sig gen for some reason, then I hooked up the GPT-750s internal VFO and that didn't work for some reason.  Finally hooked up the FT-1000 ricebox and there was arcage (wchich I found was my putting on the PL-259 on the linear in haste).

Hope ya'll come back for a little longer next time!
Great To See YOU!
Thanks for the acommodations and great company. The road show was excellent. Keith and I got back to southern NH about 12:30p.m. after dropping off a mod tranny to Chuck's in Bolton, Mass.

One road trip and ready for another out to Rochester, NY next weekend.

Now we have to find some strong people to help unload the iron. Arrgh! I think the monster mod tranny may become a permanent part of the landscape trailer.

Brent W1IA

Run What Ya Brung!
WA1HZK

« Reply #32 on: May 28, 2007, 05:46:43 PM »

OK
I'm tired but we did it. The RCA is platted firmly at the station of W1ASS. A fitting location for this fine transmitter. Many thanks to all the people that showed up to meet us along the way. I'm stunned at the amount of boat anchors in the Vortex. I'll be posting those pictures of the Vortex museum as soon as possible. Let us know when the next BC rig becomes available that doesn't get sucked into the Vortex and we will be buy again. I definatly need to spend some more time down there next trip. Brent has been twisting my arm to make the Fester down there and that's definatly on the list. I'm still thinking about Rochester so maybe I'll see some of you guys next weekend.
Thanks Again and I'll post pictures of the RCA conversion as it goes down at the ASS man's shack.
Keith

AM is Not A Hobby - It's a "Way of Life"!
Timmy, Sometime in 2007 on a Mountain Far Away..
www.criticalradio.com
www.criticalbattery.com
www.criticaltowers.com
www.criticalresponder.com
Official Registered "Old Buzzard"
Tom WA3KLR
Contributing

« Reply #33 on: May 29, 2007, 10:07:37 AM »

I just added photos on my posting 5 posts back.

73 de Tom WA3KLR  AMI # 77   Amplitude Modulation - a force Now and for the Future!
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015