The AM Forum
April 30, 2024, 12:42:18 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: A very close call today to stall the heart  (Read 13336 times)
Steve - WB3HUZ
« Reply #25 on: March 25, 2007, 11:28:57 AM »

No inspection in your state?

Quote from: WA3VJB
I am at the point where I start looking through the windows of the car ahead of me to see if the third brakelight two cars up is suddenly lit. Can't count on the person immediately in front of me to be paying attention.
Good idea [do it myself], but only if the light is working.  A lot of people don't bother replacing the bulbs/LEDs when they fail. Roll Eyes

I don't know about anywhere else but here if a bulb burns out it never gets fixed. We have tons of cars around here with busted lights.

W1RC
Contributing

« Reply #26 on: March 26, 2007, 08:01:52 AM »

One of the benefits of driving an ex-State Police Ford Crown Vic (especially one with antennas on it) is that everyone notices you and no one wants to get too close.  You "be the channel-master" and set the pace.  Everybody's on their best behavior.

MrMike, W1RC

"It is a good thing we don't get the government we pay for."  Will Rogers.
WA1GFZ

« Reply #27 on: March 26, 2007, 08:47:32 AM »

Some of you may remember my jethro mobile. '72 1 ton camper special with wood flat bed. 4:11 gears and built 350 with Vet fuelie cam and Doug headers. Ugly primer black could take a vet off the line.
The last day I drove it a guy played chicken with me with a new F150. His side mirror was slammed into his door but I didn't hit my buddy's father's mail box. The guy was pissed and screaming at me. I told him call a cop or drive.
I knew if I walked up to my buddy's Dad's house and told him what happened he would have claimed to see the whole thing. This clown came down the crown of a country road and lost. I parked the truck and headed to the dealer to pick up my new ride.
No Huz no inspection just emissions.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015