The AM Forum
March 29, 2024, 06:52:47 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Have I been Banned?  (Read 12363 times)
Jim, W5JO

« on: August 29, 2006, 04:30:57 PM »

I just finished posting a reply in the QSO portion of the board and it did not post.  It made me wonder since I also posted a reply in another topic last week that never appeared.

Anyone know what the deal is?  I am logged in and seeing the welcome message.
Steve - WB3HUZ
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2006, 05:09:04 PM »

If you can do all the stuff you stated, then you are not banned. Otherwise, you wouldn't even be able to log on.

I've noticed the forum was running very slow today, so maybe that's the problem.

I just finished posting a reply in the QSO portion of the board and it did not post. It made me wonder since I also posted a reply in another topic last week that never appeared.

Anyone know what the deal is? I am logged in and seeing the welcome message.
Jim, W5JO

« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2006, 07:37:37 PM »

That is only part of the puzzle.  I replied to Tom's post about trucks and it never appeared.  Today I replied to his Veggie post, reminding him that women do not trust guys with big tires and testicles, but neither post is there.

Don't understand, but thanks.
Steve - WB3HUZ
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2006, 07:46:20 PM »

Neither of those post were deleted by any of the moderators, as far as I can tell. Not sure what the problem might be. Maybe Gary can shed some light on it.
Pete, WA2CWA

CQ CQ CONTEST

« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2006, 07:52:52 PM »

You're posting here Jim, so it's working.

Pete, WA2CWA - "A Cluttered Desk is a Sign of Genius"
K1JJ
Contributing

"Let's go kayaking, Tommy!" - Yaz

« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2006, 07:53:58 PM »

That is only part of the puzzle.  I replied to Tom's post about trucks and it never appeared.  Today I replied to his Veggie post, reminding him that women do not trust guys with big tires and testicles, but neither post is there.

Don't understand, but thanks.

Jim,

Sometimes in an active thread you will see the warning in red that someone has posted a new msg while you were typing after you attempt to post. You need to hit the post button again, or your new post will not make it through.  I've lost several posts like that myself until Gary told me.

Since these were active threads, maybe this happened, dunno.  Personally, I don't care what someone has to say while I was typing and won't change what I said anyway.... [GRIN]  (I would like to see that feature toggled off, if possible)

BTW, women go CRAZY over guys with 2-letter calls, so you and I should hit the clubs and do some CQing sometime...  Grin

T

Use an "AM Courtesy Filter" to limit transmit audio bandwidth  +-4.5 KHz, +-6.0 KHz or +-8.0 KHz when needed.  Easily done in DSP.

Wise Words : "I'm as old as I've ever been... and I'm as young as I'll ever be."

There's nothing like an old dog.
w3jn
Johnny Novice
Administrator

« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2006, 08:03:46 PM »

[

BTW, women go CRAZY over guys with 2-letter calls,

woo hoo  Grin

FCC:  "The record is devoid of a demonstrated nexus between Morse code proficiency and on-the-air conduct."
Jim, W5JO

« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2006, 08:04:35 PM »

Strang thing is that the post while I was typing did not appear.  Donno whot happened, but what I had to say must have been unimportant.

Clubbing sounds good to me, I haven't do such in about 30 years.  Has anything changed?

By the way, never trust any person who bleeds 5 days out of every 30 and never dies.
W5AMI
Founder of amfone.net

Poke Greens

« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2006, 01:33:11 PM »

Hey Jim, I've not seen any posts from you in the moderation bucket.  Have you tried "previewing" them prior to posting to see what happens?

See you on 75 soon, I hope!

Brian

73 de W5AMI - Brian
Gates BC-1T from KVOC the "Voice of Casper" in WY
Jim, W5JO

« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2006, 07:26:11 PM »

Hope you get on soon Brian.  Bud has throttled back a lot and really did fine day before yesterday on the MacKay.  I couldn't believe it.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015