The AM Forum
May 06, 2024, 03:52:29 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: It's hot!  (Read 14928 times)
k4kyv
Contributing Member
Don

« Reply #25 on: July 18, 2006, 05:55:46 PM »

...C'MON...WHERE WERE U IN CANADA?...

Mostly near Quebec city.  But I have been in and through Ontario a few times, and once in Nova Scotia.  Once, in the middle of January I hitchhiked from Boston to Quebec City... luckily didn't get stuck out in the middle of nowhere in an unexpected blizzard.  I'd have more sense today.

Windsor is actually SOUTH of Detroit.

Don, K4KYV                                       AMI#5
Licensed since 1959 and not happy to be back on AM...    Never got off AM in the first place.

- - -
This message was typed using the DVORAK keyboard layout.
http://www.mwbrooks.com/dvorak
Jim, W5JO

« Reply #26 on: July 18, 2006, 06:01:53 PM »

It just keeps getting hotter by the day.  5 PM here in central Oklahoma, and my thermometer reads 109.3.  Two more tenths and it will be offically 110.  I watered some of the grass yesterday and it looks dead right not.

At this rate, our water bill is going to be higher than our electric.  Thank goodness for dual speed compressors and air handlers in our heat pump.
ve6pg

« Reply #27 on: July 18, 2006, 07:21:47 PM »

..ok don...well quebec city is more north than me,as latitude goes...very pretty city,nice es hot in summer...my xyl is from nova scotia,and even there,the wx can change alot...ya,windsor is south of detroit,as alot of places in canada..i'm not counting alaska,of course...it's funny,yrs ago,i wud werk someone in say,washington state,and he would rotate his antenna north...should've been more south-east....
..question:...what is the most northern baseball team to win the world series?..tim...sk..

...Yes, my name is Tim Smith...sk..
Steve - WB3HUZ
« Reply #28 on: July 18, 2006, 08:29:23 PM »

what is the most northern baseball team to win the world series?.

Many people would think Toronto, as in the Toronto Blue Jays. But Minnesota, as in the Minnesota Twins, is actually further north at 44° 59' latitude compared to 43° 40' for Toronto. Before these two teams won (both in the 90s, IIRC), it was the Milwaukee Braves in 1958 or 59 (yes when the Braves were there, before moving to Atlanta, and after moving from Boston) at 43° 2'.
ve6pg

« Reply #29 on: July 18, 2006, 09:28:53 PM »

AND IF THE MARINERS EVER WIN,THEY WILL THE FARTHERST NORTH....SK...

WU2D
Contributing

CW is just a narrower version of AM

« Reply #30 on: July 19, 2006, 09:40:25 PM »

GFZ Cruising the beach for younger Italian women.

Mike WU2D

* Frankon Beach.jpg (61.17 KB, 385x515 - viewed 373 times.)

These are the good old days of AM
Bacon, WA3WDR

« Reply #31 on: July 19, 2006, 09:51:15 PM »

Yeah, it's been hot around DC.  It was 91 degrees last night when I went home, and it felt cool. 

Truth can be stranger than fiction.  But fiction can be pretty strange, too!
Steve - WB3HUZ
« Reply #32 on: July 19, 2006, 10:57:43 PM »

Hot=summer in most places. Get over it.
John Holotko

« Reply #33 on: July 19, 2006, 11:04:21 PM »

Gee Bacon, you guyz are cookin' out east.
Last nite here was 71. Today hit 85 but down tonite to high 60's.
Our 95's lasted a couple days then gone.

But .... the dog days are just around the corner.

Yesterday it maxed out around 98 - 99 degrees here. Then last night we got an intense thunderstorm, one of the most severe thunderstorms I've seen around here in a long time. The lighting was intense and flashed continuously. Very high winds hampered the area. A one point I was afraid we might get a tornado as a tornado struck not far from here about a week ago,  Miraculously the  power stayed on. In the aftermath there were plenty of blown down trees, tree branches and downed wires.

The storm marked the end of  the heat wave. It was a cold 81 degrees today. I also noticed that since the storm hit my incoming line voltage has been consistantly lower than normal.which I assume have something to do with the electrical damage from the storm.

N2IZE<br /><br />Because infinity comes in different sizes.
WA1GFZ

« Reply #34 on: July 19, 2006, 11:25:43 PM »

Mike,
XYL won't let me wear the chain on the beach anymore. She is afraid I may sink when I jump in.
ve6pg

« Reply #35 on: July 20, 2006, 06:56:13 PM »

..STILL HOT/HUMID HR IN TORONTO...YA,IT'S SUMMER,AND THIS IS WHAT IT BRINGS..JUST GOTTA PACE URSELF,LOTS OF FLUIDS,AND DONT BE STUPID IN THE HOT SUN...POWER OUTTAGES HERE IN VE3,SOME FOLKS W/OUT POWER FER 30-40 HRS...INTENSE STORM,WINDS/RAIN/LIGHTNING...LOTS'O TREES DOWN...HEY..IT IS SUMMER,AND I WUD RATHER HAVE THIS,THAN A NASTY,RAINY COOL DAY IN NOVEMBER...SK..

John Holotko

« Reply #36 on: July 20, 2006, 10:38:57 PM »

The part of summer I like are the intense thunderstorms. We had an incredibly intense one the other night. It was breathtaking. One of the most beautiful sights I have ever seen.

N2IZE<br /><br />Because infinity comes in different sizes.
Bacon, WA3WDR

« Reply #37 on: July 23, 2006, 11:43:29 AM »

It's mighty hot in California, I hear.  But I read that the record of something like 136F was set in 1913.

Truth can be stranger than fiction.  But fiction can be pretty strange, too!
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015