The AM Forum
May 07, 2024, 07:04:10 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Wally & Rich-ert make QRZ  (Read 4600 times)
W2VW
Contributing

« on: April 24, 2006, 04:27:40 AM »

http://www.qrz.com/ib-bin/ikonboard.cgi?s=6b62fb8921b3f30b03b173a0a7e3ee3e;act=ST;f=7;t=120380
Ed-VA3ES

« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2006, 04:00:46 PM »

Sigh... I get <i>bupkis</i>.

"There ain't a slaw-bukit inna worl, that kin jam me!!"
KC4HGH

« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2006, 04:23:25 PM »

Dave: see "Malicious interference..." elsewhere in this forum....

Bud, KC4HGH
W2JBL

« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2006, 08:22:22 PM »

i had a problem with these guys Saturday night 4-22-06. i had been on AM on 3879 with a group for several hours and about 10PM they opened up right on top of us. i went down to sideband and informed them that the frequency was in use. they told me that they could not hear us on AM and thought the frequency was clear. i was at the time talking to Brian K3VR who is within a hundred miles or less of the core group, and he was hearing me very well, so obviously i was getting out. they also decided to tell me to get lost and started name calling : "Jew" (that makes me the only Protestant Jew on the planet!), "Faggot" (i chase women), "no-coder" (i'm a 20wpm Extra), and "Yankee" ( OK- i'm a native New Yorker), plus a few i won't post here due to Gary's standards for the forum. this happens nearly every weekend to me on 3878 and 3875. i usually don't bother to whine about it. Saturday we ended up going to 3885 to get away from it, but i'm getting a bit tired of this BS.   
k4kyv
Contributing Member
Don

« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2006, 10:02:28 PM »

i'm getting a bit tired of this BS. 

Turn up the wick, go on about your business, pretend they don't exist.

Don, K4KYV                                       AMI#5
Licensed since 1959 and not happy to be back on AM...    Never got off AM in the first place.

- - -
This message was typed using the DVORAK keyboard layout.
http://www.mwbrooks.com/dvorak
KC4HGH

« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2006, 11:57:44 PM »

KD2XA, go ahead & make a tape (and copy!), call FCC HQ at 888-225-5322 and e-mail Riley Hollingsworth at fccham@fcc.gov...I'm waiting for the appropriate address to mail my complaint & tape, but it's been less than 12 hours since I contacted them....

K4KYV, getting into a p!$$ing contest doesn't help things a bit!  One of those wierdos even threatened to "hook up his BIG leeneer amp and really have some fun."  Let's do it right so we can ALL have some fun- the right way.

Thanks, guys
W2JBL

« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2006, 12:02:23 AM »

Don, i disagree. we have been turning up the wick and ignoring these morons for a few years, and it does nothing to solve the problem. it's time to start taking some action against them. we managed to get Baxter off the air after a long fight, and it's nice to have 3890 back. why should we put up with the trash on 3878 and 3875? they will NOT go away if we ignore them. were you ever bullied in school? i was back when i was about 13, and it stopped the day i busted the bullie's nose and kicked him after he went down.  
W2JBL

« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2006, 12:16:05 AM »

email your complaint direct to Riley. keep it short, and to the point. state the facts and leave out all the Hamspeak- use plain English. if interested he will ask you to print, sign and fax a copy of it to him. do not call your local FCC on the phone. it will only slow the process. i have no tape of the latest incident. i rarely tape anything. i also don't have the callsigns of the perpetrators. a few times in the past i have gone down to SSB and asked them to identify, and they refused, suggesting i wait ten minutes to hear them ID. when they did finally ID they slurred their callsigns and said them so fast they were unintelligable.

what happened to you has been happening to many on AM in the Northeast for about five or six years now. there are two groups- one on 3875, and the one you ran into on 3878 which is the more malicious of the two. if you want to operate AM at night on 75 you can exect this sort of thing. it's a routine occurence. a sickening quote from one of the W4MYI SSB group on 3875 i heard last year: "you don't own a frequency, you earn it. i'm not going to let these damn AM'ers take over this frequency after we worked so hard to take it for ourselves".
W1UJR
« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2006, 12:14:28 PM »

No reason to tolerate that, it sets a bad standard for the amateur service.
Turn up the wick AND complain.

Email me directly or call me when they are on (back channel me for contact info).
I'll roll tape and submit it on this end.
Here is a handy form to use, just cross out any "OO" reference and use it as your own interference log -> http://www.arrl.org/FandES/field/forms/fsd-23.pdf

Things do happen when reported, esp. by multiple folks, ask EGC, Glenn or BHV about that.
The cogs of justice grind slowly, but once you are caught in the gears watch out.  Shocked

73 Bruce W1UJR
W5AMI
Founder of amfone.net

Poke Greens

« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2006, 07:18:28 PM »

I agree, these guys have gone on long enough.  I've been off the air for about 5+ years and somehow can't believe they are still there.  The call sign slur was always a common practice with them when they knew they had someone listening.  These guys are nothing but "wannabe" rednecks from 11 meters who seem to actually look forward to causing trouble with anyone near them.  I've listened in on them before for quite a stretch just to see what they talk about; one time an innocent (and naive to what they were all about) passer by broke in on them and introduced himself, etc.  That poor soul was  treated like a disease and told to find somewhere else to hang out.  I hate to spend time on such, but soon as I get my gear back together, I think I will also tape some of this and send on the Riley.

73 de W5AMI - Brian
Gates BC-1T from KVOC the "Voice of Casper" in WY
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015