The AM Forum
May 06, 2024, 08:28:47 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: A Hallicrafters memory...  (Read 1931 times)
w1guh
« on: March 23, 2006, 11:11:24 AM »

I was just surfing the HCI (I think) site...the big Hallicrafters site with lots of good stuff.  I looked at the images of the HT-30, and all of them had a paint scheme (as far as I could tell from the scans) like the SX-99, the silver on the bottom and dark gray or something on top.  But all other pix I've see of that radio were like the SX-100 with the gold crosshatch on the bottom and silver on top.  Wonder when the switch was made.  One of the ads tickled me a bit...showed the HT-30 paired with the SX-99.   Hmmmm...IMHO...slightly imbalanced performance there.

Oh, well....on to the memory...

When I was looking for my next receiver as a novice, while I was using an AR-3, I briefly considered an SX-110.  But there were two different pix of it.  One had flanges, or skirts on the knobs, like the SX-100, 101, etc., and one didn't, like the 99.  That cofused me, so I wrote to Hallicrafters to ask them if the '110 had flanges or not.  The reply was something like,

"The SX-110 doesn't have flanges, or skirts, on the knobs.  We did do a few shots of one with flanges for publicity purposes."

Hmmmmm...a little deceptive?    Tongue

BTW...I find epay to be a wonderful source of high-res images of radios.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015