The AM Forum
May 02, 2024, 01:31:47 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Get one of these or your audio will suck. Only $139.87  (Read 6687 times)
kenw2dtc
« on: October 17, 2005, 10:14:15 PM »

http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/pshowdetl.cfm?&DID=7&Partnumber=110-439
W2JBL

« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2005, 12:13:20 AM »

so i guess this means oxygen free "romex", or old fashioned "BX" house wiring for smooth lows and sparkling mids and highs must be right aroungd the corner, eh?  what about that fuse box and service wiring to the pole? plenty of room for improvement there too! nothing like old cotton covered house wire, using classic knob and tube wiring for warm friendly tones....
wa2zdy
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2005, 12:14:35 AM »

And the phools will buy 'em too.  Why didn't I think of this stuff?  This is better than 40m dipoles for $49.95.
Ed KB1HVS

« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2005, 01:43:48 AM »

Your light bulbs will never sound better Wink

KB1HVS. Your Hi Value Station
Vortex Joe - N3IBX

« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2005, 09:10:05 AM »

Ken,
     $147.72 for a three prong wall outlet socket? I think anyone who would actually buy it smokes the big "peacepipe" if you catch my drift...........

It just goes to prove that a "phool" and his money will soon part!

Joe Cro N3IBX

Anything that is Breadboarded,Black Crackle, or that squeals when you tune it gives me MAJOR WOOD!
Glenn NY4NC
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2005, 09:14:15 AM »

Yes, absolutely!... next will be audio grade pole pigs!!  Huh Huh

so i guess this means oxygen free "romex", or old fashioned "BX" house wiring for smooth lows and sparkling mids and highs must be right aroungd the corner, eh?  what about that fuse box and service wiring to the pole? plenty of room for improvement there too! nothing like old cotton covered house wire, using classic knob and tube wiring for warm friendly tones....
The Slab Bacon

« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2005, 09:34:17 AM »

Where is P.T.Barnum when you need him!!!!!!  Where will this end?? How about new oxygen free air to carry the sound better?Huh

"No is not an answer and failure is not an option!"
K1JJ
Contributing

"Let's go kayaking, Tommy!" - Yaz

« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2005, 11:20:18 AM »

Gads.

I remember a national TV show that held a corntest offering $100,000 for any "psychic", mind reader, water dowser or other mystfying oracle to prove his craft. They also included levitation gurus, or anyone who claimed to have powers to participate.

In one test instance they had 20 sealed barrels, 10 had water inside and the rest were empty. The dowser people all averaged 50% or less as expected. The other mystics failed to show any powers past 50% randomness for their crafts. No one won the $100,000 out of hundreds of people who tried.  The levitation gurus never got off the floor... surprise, surprise. Grin

I would love to see a show where they set up all these audiophoul devices and had each blindfolded person attempt to tell which one sounded cleaner, etc. and tabulate the results on a computer.  I think once and for all there would be some kind of scientific evidence that these devices are just frauds with random opinions.

I sometimes think that there's a small inner circle of smart engineers who come up with this stuff and write good ad copy for a profit. Then the majority believe the BS and taunt it to the world. The followers really have good intentions  but are simply mislead. [sigh]

T

Use an "AM Courtesy Filter" to limit transmit audio bandwidth  +-4.5 KHz, +-6.0 KHz or +-8.0 KHz when needed.  Easily done in DSP.

Wise Words : "I'm as old as I've ever been... and I'm as young as I'll ever be."

There's nothing like an old dog.
WA1GFZ

« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2005, 11:31:00 AM »

My R.S. mic element is still taped to the boom with a 9 volt battery under it
I notice the tape is getting a but crapped out after the third battery install.
Paul, K2ORC
Contributing

« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2005, 11:34:38 AM »

Where is P.T.Barnum when you need him!!!!!! Where will this end?? How about new oxygen free air to carry the sound better?Huh

I think the people who shell out big money for this stuff have already been breathing oxygen free air.

Go Duke![/b]
Ed - N3LHB
Contributing

« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2005, 11:46:12 AM »

That's funny, I don't see "UL Approved" in the specs. Roll Eyes

In addition to the aforementioned super-duper power pig and oxygen free romex, I would want a gold plated over oxygen free copper, with electroless nickle (whatever that is) circuit breaker box, with separate sheilded compartments for each circuit. That way I wouldn't hear any stray electrons flowing from some other device, like a sweeper or something.
Herb K2VH

Pennsylvanian shaking hands with Yankee

« Reply #11 on: October 18, 2005, 03:44:56 PM »

Ed,

I love your signature line.  It's OK Fine!

K2VHerb
First licensed in 1954 as KN2JVM  
On AM since 1955;on SSB since 1963

"Just because your voice reaches halfway around the world doesn't mean you are wiser than when it reached only to the end of the bar."
--Edward R. Murrow
W2VW
Contributing

« Reply #12 on: October 18, 2005, 03:56:09 PM »

se devices are just frauds with random opinions.

I sometimes think that there's a small inner circle of smart engineers who come up with this stuff and write good ad copy for a profit. Then the majority believe the BS and taunt it to the world. The followers really have good intentions  but are simply mislead. [sigh]

T

Look for more of this on ham radio as the years go by. Little cliquish groups tossing junk science around until it becomes fact.
W3SLK

Just another member member.

« Reply #13 on: October 18, 2005, 04:53:43 PM »

Frank said:
My R.S. mic element is still taped to the boom with a 9 volt battery under it
I notice the tape is getting a but crapped out after the third battery install

That's because you didn't use oxygen free tape! Shocked

Mike(y)/W3SLK
Invisible airwaves crackle with life, bright antenna bristle with the energy. Emotional feedback, on timeless wavelength, bearing a gift beyond lights, almost free.... Spirit of Radio/Rush
W2JBL

« Reply #14 on: October 18, 2005, 08:49:58 PM »

you guys just wait and see what happens when i spring my "tube magnet" system on the audiophool world. it was done in the early Audion days, so it's certified classic tube tech. freaking MAGNETRON magnets wrapped around an EL34 ought'a boost emission a bit for those wandering aimlessly down the Thermionic Highway, HA!
KE1GF
« Reply #15 on: October 19, 2005, 01:44:25 AM »

you guys just wait and see what happens when i spring my "tube magnet" system on the audiophool world. it was done in the early Audion days, so it's certified classic tube tech. freaking MAGNETRON magnets wrapped around an EL34 ought'a boost emission a bit for those wandering aimlessly down the Thermionic Highway, HA!

Yes chris, you can explain how the magnetic field places a nice spin on the electrons for a clean snap to the plate, preventing electron wandering. Grin
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015