The AM Forum
April 29, 2024, 07:40:31 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ham Call Letters Tattoo  (Read 17992 times)
K1JJ
Contributing

"Let's go kayaking, Tommy!" - Yaz

« on: September 22, 2005, 10:09:24 PM »

Does anyone here have or know of anyone who has a call letters tattoo?

Would YOU have yours done?

At this point, I don't have any tattoos myself, but was toying with the idea of a small, simple, colorful "K1JJ" tattooed to my bicep. 

Might be kinda cool. Just thinking about it.  I mean, WTF?

T

This guy is serious about the good ole days:

How about a full schematic of a plate modulated transmitter across your back?

Use an "AM Courtesy Filter" to limit transmit audio bandwidth  +-4.5 KHz, +-6.0 KHz or +-8.0 KHz when needed.  Easily done in DSP.

Wise Words : "I'm as old as I've ever been... and I'm as young as I'll ever be."

There's nothing like an old dog.
WB2RJR

1st BCT, 10th Mountain, returned from Iraq 11/2008

« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2005, 11:01:23 PM »

Tom,

Put it on your forehead. That way, everyone will know where you are coming from.

Don't know what you do for a living, but I'm sure the "higher ups", or those you raise money from, will be greatly impressed.

After you do this, be sure to let me know when your house is on the market. I'm always looking for a way to make money.

73 from the un-tattooed WB2RJR

AMI #20, GACW #786
K1JJ
Contributing

« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2005, 11:22:17 PM »

Oh, I don't know, Marty.  Tattos are pretty common these days. Besides, who would even know if there was one on a bicep?  Even with a short sleeved shirt. 

But, there was a few times in my life I wanted tattoo art, but glad I never did in hindsight.  Maybe the call sign thing will seem like a lousy idea too, in a few years...  Grin

T

Use an "AM Courtesy Filter" to limit transmit audio bandwidth  +-4.5 KHz, +-6.0 KHz or +-8.0 KHz when needed.  Easily done in DSP.

Wise Words : "I'm as old as I've ever been... and I'm as young as I'll ever be."

W1RKW
Contributing

« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2005, 04:42:32 AM »

The heck with collecting QSL cards and using them as wallpaper. Get a tattoo for every contact made. Use tattoos as a record for DXCC.  And the ones you don't like can be tattooed to the backend.

Bob
W1RKW
Home of GORT.
w3jn
Johnny Novice
Administrator

« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2005, 07:53:53 AM »

It's a good thing Gary didn't tatoo KJ2J when he briefly held that call.

FCC:  "The record is devoid of a demonstrated nexus between Morse code proficiency and on-the-air conduct."
K1JJ
Contributing

« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2005, 11:22:08 AM »

Grin Grin Grin

Just imagine Gary has an original  N - 2 - I - N - R   tattooed on his five knuckles. Being a type-A like the rest of us, he goes out and has a  K- J - 2 - J  covering wid bigger letters.  The fifth knuckle gets a small swastika covering.  After that bad, "Jerking Two Johnsons"  night on the air, he covers it back wid W- 2 - I - N - R. 

The next day he's on the phone chasing down the laser removal guys....   Grin

Glenn NY4NC
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2005, 11:41:25 AM »

Tom,

Maybe you should consider a tattoo of Hurl on your chest!  Shocked Shocked

WA1GFZ

« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2005, 11:45:47 AM »

mobile was cool, PW was cool, even 6 meters is almost cool...........
but the body art thing I just don't know.........
K1JJ
Contributing

« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2005, 12:12:36 PM »

mobile was cool, PW was cool, even 6 meters is almost cool...........
but the body art thing I just don't know.........

Frank, just imagine the reaction of your boss [and XYL]  when you walk in with fake goggles tattoed to you face.  Then you turn - on one side of your neck says " F**K the World".  And you turn the other way and it says, "Class E Forever!".

Now, that wud be quite a message!

T

2ZE
« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2005, 12:20:02 PM »

After that bad, "Jerking Two Johnsons"  night on the air

Grin Grin Grin

One of the classics that will go down in 75 meter history forever!

Maybe for Hosstraders, we should go get some sushi, get wildy drunk on sake and Sapporo, cruise the streets of Hartford for chicks, and cap it off by stumbling into an all night tattoo parlor.

Grin
KA1ZGC
« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2005, 12:40:28 PM »

Grin Grin Grin

Maybe for Hosstraders, we should go get some sushi, get wildy drunk on sake and Sapporo, cruise the streets of Hartford for chicks, and cap it off by stumbling into an all night tattoo parlor.

Grin

Remind me not to get drunk with you guys! I'd hate to wake up with a heart-shaped tattoo on my bicep with the name "Glenda" in the middle!  Shocked

--Thom
Killer Agony One Zipper Got Caught
WA1GFZ

« Reply #11 on: September 23, 2005, 01:54:31 PM »

When I lived in LA the guy who owned the apartment had a son who spent some time in jail. I met him after he got out. What a character. He had mighty whitey on his legs in big letters. He was quite an artest. He had a saying 6 volt wanna be a tuff guy and 12 volt wanna be a tuff guy.
He was out of jail about 3 months before he was shot. A black doctor dug the round out of his lung. He asked the Doc if the art on his leg bothered him.
BTW Doc. left 1 round inside him.

I don't need any new ideas on how to make XYL think I'm crazy, present approach has been very effective.
Bill, KD0HG

304-TH - Workin' it

« Reply #12 on: September 23, 2005, 02:07:54 PM »

I once pierced my tongue after stripping a wire with my teeth...
Ed Nesselroad
« Reply #13 on: September 23, 2005, 03:37:52 PM »

Since one of the traditional requirements to acquiring body art is a sufficient state of inebriation to overwhelm more rational impulses, could one reliably recall a call?  A transposition would be most unfortunate, and permanent. 
K1JJ
Contributing

« Reply #14 on: September 23, 2005, 04:06:04 PM »

Grin

Yep, great idea for HossRetarders, Mike. I just had shushi for the first time in months last night. It was glorious.

Just to fill in the guys who did not hear the "KJ2J session on 75M....  Back a coupla years ago Gary/INR wanted to get a vanity call and get rid of "N2INR". He passed his Extra and picked "KJ2J".  He applied for it thru the W5YU system online. He announced his new call was on the way on 75M AM one night.

Immediately, KA2J and K2KJ broke in to congratulate him on his new call, KJ2J. That became really confusing as some of us tried saying all three calls five times in a row. It was a scream.  Gary got kinda quiet. Then out of nowhere Brentina came up with unique phonetics for Gary's new call:  " Keep Jerking Two Johnsons".  The frequency became total bedlam with laughter. Gary still didn't come back for comment and disappeared.

Fifteen minutes he's back on freq saying he contacted W5YU and told them he didn't want that call, no matter what it took. They said he'd have to forfeit the $20? fee, and he said just do it.... Grin Grin Grin  [Gary then applied for W2INR]

Yep, Mike, that short session has to be one of the funniest in 75M history...

T

WA1GFZ

« Reply #15 on: September 23, 2005, 04:20:14 PM »

Mike,
I wouldn't walk the streets of Hartford at night unarmed. There are places I roamed when I was 5 that I wouldn't drive through. Lots of subhuman wild life.
W2PFY
Contributing

« Reply #16 on: September 23, 2005, 07:03:40 PM »

I wonder who would measure up to have a long wire ant tatooed on their Johnson Huh Huh In my case it would look like a rubber duckie for two meters Grin

The secrecy of my job prevents me from knowing what I am doing.
GEORGE/W2AMR
« Reply #17 on: September 23, 2005, 07:40:47 PM »

Oh, I don't know, Marty.  Tattos are pretty common these days. Besides, who would even know if there was one on a bicep?  Even with a short sleeved shirt. 

But, there was a few times in my life I wanted tattoo art, but glad I never did in hindsight.  Maybe the call sign thing will seem like a lousy idea too, in a few years...  Grin

T
Ah go ahead and do it Tom. Sounds like fun. Besides you can get it removed if you don't like it. It does hurt like hell though. Always good to have a few  cans of anesthetic before hand.  Grin
W2VW
Contributing

« Reply #18 on: September 23, 2005, 11:35:32 PM »

I wonder who would measure up to have a long wire ant tatooed on their Johnson Huh Huh In my case it would look like a rubber duckie for two meters Grin

Usually if the dipole won't fit within the real estate one runs it in a zigzag fashon.
k4kyv
Contributing Member
Don

« Reply #19 on: September 23, 2005, 11:41:11 PM »

BME stands for Body Modification Ezine. BME contains the personal experiences of thousands of people all over the planet, in photo and text form. It serves to document the activities of the body modification community in as complete a fashion as possible.

http://www.bmezine.com/index.html

Don, K4KYV                                       AMI#5
Licensed since 1959 and not happy to be back on AM...    Never got off AM in the first place.

- - -
This message was typed using the DVORAK keyboard layout.
http://www.mwbrooks.com/dvorak
Ed KB1HVS

« Reply #20 on: September 24, 2005, 02:36:42 AM »

Grin Grin Grin

Just imagine Gary has an original  N - 2 - I - N - R   tattooed on his five knuckles. Being a type-A like the rest of us, he goes out and has a  K- J - 2 - J  covering wid bigger letters.  The fifth knuckle gets a small swastika covering.  After that bad, "Jerking Two Johnsons"  night on the air, he covers it back wid W- 2 - I - N - R. 

The next day he's on the phone chasing down the laser removal guys....   Grin

KB1HVS. Your Hi Value Station
k4kyv
Contributing Member
Don

« Reply #21 on: September 24, 2005, 08:59:32 AM »

http://www.vogue.co.uk/vogue_daily/story/story.asp?stid=28908

Don, K4KYV                                       AMI#5
Licensed since 1959 and not happy to be back on AM...    Never got off AM in the first place.

- - -
This message was typed using the DVORAK keyboard layout.
http://www.mwbrooks.com/dvorak
w1guh
« Reply #22 on: September 24, 2005, 02:49:52 PM »

I'm seriously considering investing in tatoo removal parlors.  It's gotta be a growth industry.
GEORGE/W2AMR
« Reply #23 on: September 24, 2005, 03:32:35 PM »

I'm seriously considering investing in tatoo removal parlors.  It's gotta be a growth industry.
All ya need is a few sheets of 80 grit sandpaper.  Cry
w1guh
« Reply #24 on: September 24, 2005, 04:00:45 PM »

All ya need is a few sheets of 80 grit sandpaper.  Cry

LOL.  BTW George, what is that interesting piece in your avatar?
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015