The AM Forum
May 02, 2024, 12:50:48 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What are they thinking  (Read 3983 times)
WA1GFZ

« on: September 15, 2005, 12:09:19 PM »

The big flea in So. Ct. is Oct 9. so if Hostraders isn't enough jump in your car and head South the next day.  I bet Bob and Blaine get all the deals   
Pete, WA2CWA

CQ CQ CONTEST

« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2005, 01:01:41 PM »

Not going to Hosstraders, but I will be at this hamfest on Sunday. Talked to one of the promoters and they have received lots of requests for vendor tickets. It's indoor/outdoor fest. Holiday for some on Monday, 10/10.
We also have a big hamfest on Saturday in NJ, 10/8.

October 9th:
Nutmeg Hamfest

October 8th:
BARA Hamfest

Pete, WA2CWA - "A Cluttered Desk is a Sign of Genius"
W1RKW
Contributing

« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2005, 03:25:08 PM »

I made a very big mistake 4 years ago.  When my wife and I were planning our wedding it never occurred to me to think about the date of the wedding day.  Our wedding anniversary is 10/6.  I've missed a few Hosstraders over the last few falls to anniversary plans.  My wife always plans something months in advance and beats me out on my fall Hosstraders events. So again, I won't be going :-(. Though I will be going to the Nut'fester.

Bob
W1RKW
Home of GORT.
Pete, WA2CWA

CQ CQ CONTEST

« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2005, 04:34:46 PM »

I made a very big mistake 4 years ago.  When my wife and I were planning our wedding it never occurred to me to think about the date of the wedding day.  Our wedding anniversary is 10/6.  I've missed a few Hosstraders over the last few falls to anniversary plans.  My wife always plans something months in advance and beats me out on my fall Hosstraders events. So again, I won't be going :-(. Though I will be going to the Nut'fester.

The first several years I went to Dayton Hamvention, my wife's birthday always fell the day before, during the convention, or the day after. Always got a lot flack about going off to the convention during this time. When the convention changed to May, it was a burden lifted from my shoulders. I told her I had them change the date just for her. She ran to put her boots on.

Pete, WA2CWA - "A Cluttered Desk is a Sign of Genius"
AJ1G
Contributing

« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2005, 10:18:02 PM »

Have not done many Field Days in the last almost 30 years, after getting married on June 26th, 1976.  Our anniversary allways falls on or near FD, and FD weekend is always anniversary weekend.

At least the New England Wireless and Steam Musuem has moved thier Yankee Steam Up to October 1st this year.  Last few years it has conflicted with Fall Hosstraders.  Its mostly steam stuff, but the radio side of the musuem also has a lot of activity going too at Steam Up.

Chris, AJ1G
Stonington, CT
w1guh
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2005, 12:28:59 PM »

Have not done many Field Days in the last almost 30 years, after getting married on June 26th, 1976.  Our anniversary allways falls on or near FD, and FD weekend is always anniversary weekend.

At least the New England Wireless and Steam Musuem has moved thier Yankee Steam Up to October 1st this year.  Last few years it has conflicted with Fall Hosstraders.  Its mostly steam stuff, but the radio side of the musuem also has a lot of activity going too at Steam Up.

The New England Wireless and Steam Musuem looks like a must see for me, thanks for the tip.  Steam engines and radios...two biggie interests since I was old enought to know what the were.  BTW, that wood-fired boiler looks like it's gotta be the prototype for A.C. Gilbert's Erector Set Boiler.  I've attached a jpg but haven't a clue where or how it's going to wind up.

* boiler.jpg (12.58 KB, 176x235 - viewed 355 times.)
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015