The AM Forum
March 28, 2024, 04:30:21 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: FCC & W2VJZ Dueling  (Read 37918 times)
Tom W2ILA

« Reply #25 on: March 27, 2005, 02:42:04 PM »

Given the limited enforcement resources the question is:
Is someone who wizzes in the pool worth wasting those enforcement resources?  Or, should the enforcement resources be directed toward those who crap in the pool, drain the pool and then sell the water for drinking?
Wizzing may be more efficiently dealt with through self enforcement.  This guy is wizzing.

I certainly don't want to pay another cent of Tax to the Govt. so they can encourage his grandstand of Article 7 and his interpretation of the Constitution.  

I would rather see the enforcement dollars go toward the local company whose  stuff is creating a +20dB  24/7 noise level on 160m.  A VFO can't fix that.  They are crapping in my pool.

TM
Art
« Reply #26 on: March 27, 2005, 03:55:24 PM »

I agree Tom. The company to which you refer is definitely a detraction to your enjoyment of the hobby. You should file a complaint. Others have done so successfully with complaints against power and cable companies. . . . . unless, of course, because there are other issues in the world, or because other companies also create interference, yours doesn't merit resolution. . .

-ap
Art
« Reply #27 on: March 27, 2005, 03:57:05 PM »

BTW. . . I believe I also am a member of the triple crown . . .

T/C # 2?

-ap
Tom W2ILA

« Reply #28 on: March 27, 2005, 03:58:10 PM »

First I have to prove where the noise originates.  I do not yet have that proof.  Without proof  and then a step toward local resolution, there is no complaint.

TM
Jack-KA3ZLR-
« Reply #29 on: March 27, 2005, 05:11:32 PM »

Ya Know, at our ages um, Speaking of, you'd think we'd be over this, These petty indifferences....it really makes ya sit back and say "Who in the Sam Hill is in Charge around Here"... Cheesy

About the BEER thou, um make mine a TALL Glass with a short head...over...
Tom W2ILA

« Reply #30 on: March 28, 2005, 08:36:40 AM »

Jack,

You are lucky we have Triple Crown friends that will buy the kegs.
I  look forward to Bill and Arts keg party too.

Sometimes talking about trivial nonsence is an entertaining diversion within the hobby.

Sorry to upset you.

Jack-KA3ZLR-
« Reply #31 on: March 28, 2005, 05:01:55 PM »

No Tom Don't misunderstand, the deal with this guy is Past ridiculous and completely out of line, he should be elmering helping and sharing the knowledge and just plain haven Fun, But it's not the case...

And it Ruins it for everyone..Both on and off the air...hell the Last time i was on I heard "That's that Stupid Truck driver" So been there and don't wana do that...I just listen and Say hello to the guys here once inawhile...it's not worth getting into these pissing matches on the air(For Me) I won't do it...

I Just walk away....If No one wants to Enforce the rules then to hell with it...if they're gona let these goof balls act up like this and cause so much discontent, then don't look at me when your looking for respect...and i direct this at the League and The FCC...
Art
« Reply #32 on: March 28, 2005, 07:41:55 PM »

Well Jack. . . there will always be a part of society that wants to disrupt the apple cart. There will always be . . . so many the regulatory folks are  swamped trying to keep up. . . It's not up to others to enforce the rules, it's up to us each time we key the mic . . . we provide the way . .

There is good news. . .  Johnny. . .EGC . . . has been observed talking about his GK400 . . . the wx . . . and stuff he has done recently . .  notably not his  trials and tribulations . .  can he slip back? sure but. . every once in a while we do some good . . .

sharpen your lance sir knight, there are giants waving their arms about . . .

'can't do that from the sidelines . . .

-ap
Jack-KA3ZLR-
« Reply #33 on: March 28, 2005, 09:13:18 PM »

"Touche" Arty..LOL.. Cheesy Well Done...Very well done.

I Stand Amended....and i 'll leave with I'm Off my soap Box Now... Cheesy
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015