The AM Forum
April 20, 2024, 03:47:51 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: FCC & W2VJZ Dueling  (Read 38108 times)
Pete, WA2CWA

CQ CQ CONTEST

« on: March 21, 2005, 12:11:07 PM »

Latest enforcement action to Irb:
http://www.remote.arrl.org/news/enforcement_logs/2005/0319.html?nc=1
Highlight:
To assist you in understanding what the problem is with your radio transmissions, you are advised that if a licensee calls “CQ” or is otherwise attempting to use a frequency that you are monitoring, and makes it clear that he or she does not wish to converse with you, and you answer or harass that station in any way, you subject yourself to a forfeiture (fine) ranging from $4,000 to $7,500 based on deliberate interference.

There are no frequencies on 75 meters or anywhere else in the Amateur Service, allocated to your station for your exclusive personal use. Nor are there any frequencies allocated to you for your personal supervision. Interference to communications not directed to you will result in enforcement action against you. Your personal opinions may be important to you, but you have no special dispensation that we are aware of to announce them on any specific frequency on top of existing communications already in progress.
[/b]

Pete, WA2CWA - "A Cluttered Desk is a Sign of Genius"
GEORGE/W2AMR
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2005, 08:43:12 PM »

I can't believe the FCC is even getting involved with this nonsense.
W1UJR
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2005, 09:31:41 PM »

I agree George, its so petty I fail to understand why the Comission has interest, other than Stu's indication that he works/worked in some capicity for them.
Pete, WA2CWA

CQ CQ CONTEST

« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2005, 03:05:49 AM »

I bet it's down to this issue. He's not addressing the allegations:
Your response to our February 10 letter is not only inadequate, but frivolous. You were requested to address the allegations in the complaints in detail, and you have not done so. If we do not receive a detailed reply by March 30, 2005 to the complaint we provided you in our February 10 letter, we will initiate enforcement action against your Amateur license.

Pursuant to Section 308(b) of the Act, you are expected to respond in detail, by March 30, 2005, to the complaint we sent you in our February 10 letter, and you are reminded that to knowingly and willfully make any false statement or conceal any material fact in reply to this inquiry is punishable by fine or imprisonment. See 18 U.S.C. § 1001; see also 47 C.F.R. § 1.17.

Pete, WA2CWA - "A Cluttered Desk is a Sign of Genius"
GEORGE/W2AMR
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2005, 04:35:20 AM »

Quote from: W1UJR
I agree George, its so petty I fail to understand why the Comission has interest, other than Stu's indication that he works/worked in some capicity for them.

And Glen is allowed to continue to fire  up right on top of QSO's with his timer controlled transmitter. What a joke.
Jack-KA3ZLR-
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2005, 05:25:12 AM »

Well,

If we had more room to work, without the interference, Life would be Good....

The Problem with Glenn is Simple, at least in my mind, if he wants to continue a Bulletin service (per Say Whatever)..Duh..a frequency shud be picked where it would do the least interference and move his assp. Then there is no problemos....

IRB..either put up or Shut Up...period...if you can't play by the rules...then you don't get to play Simple...

All these little Problems have such Simple Solutions..No we have to make a Court Case out of everything...

It Tries the Patience....OM'Zes
wb1aij
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2005, 12:18:57 PM »

Quote from: Pete, WA2CWA
[
Having worked Irb many times over the years since becoming licensed in 1976 I have never found him to be objectionable.He may be a bit odd at times; marching to the beat of a different drum, but that is ok. He has always been civil and cordial to me. I have had some very interesting conversations with him on a multitude of topics, and despite his lack of on- the- air belches, profanities, funny noises, and whining about other Hams, he is an interesting character.

Some people are sure getting a lot of mileage out of this small squabble.
Ed KB1HVS

« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2005, 06:44:39 AM »

At least Irb will talk to (at) you. G.B. does not even know  or care that you are there.  :roll:

KB1HVS. Your Hi Value Station
GEORGE/W2AMR
« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2005, 06:48:38 AM »

Quote from: Ed KB1HVS
At least Irb will talk to (at) you. G.B. does not even know you are there.  :roll:

I wonder if he even uses a receiver. Was there a time when Baxter actually talked with people on the air?
wb1aij
« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2005, 07:34:51 AM »

At least Irb will talk to (at) you. G.B. does not even know  or care that you are there.  :roll:

I am going to give G.B. the benefit of the doubt.I believe he has severe "Dain Bramage" and cannot be held responsible for his behavior.
k4kyv
Contributing Member
Don

« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2005, 09:11:20 AM »

Quote from: GEORGE/W2AMR
I wonder if he even uses a receiver. Was there a time when Baxter actually talked with people on the air?

I remember having one or two QSO's with him on his KW-1, sometime back in the mid 1980's.

He must listen.  Remember the "Felony Affidavits" he was  sending people for making negative comments over the air about him, or who were allegedly jamming his broadcasts?

Don, K4KYV                                       AMI#5
Licensed since 1959 and not happy to be back on AM...    Never got off AM in the first place.

- - -
This message was typed using the DVORAK keyboard layout.
http://www.mwbrooks.com/dvorak
WD8BIL
Contributing

« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2005, 09:28:25 AM »

I remember those !! Still waiting for mine. I feel neglected.

I did make his Nazi list tho !!!
GEORGE/W2AMR
« Reply #12 on: March 24, 2005, 12:14:56 PM »

Quote from: wb1aij

I am going to give G.B. the benefit of the doubt.I believe he has severe "Dain Bramage" and cannot be held responsible for his behavior.

Thats a hell of a thing to say about the president.  :lol:
Jack-KA3ZLR-
« Reply #13 on: March 24, 2005, 06:15:51 PM »

Nazi List..I forgot all about that.. Cheesy
Jim, W5JO

« Reply #14 on: March 24, 2005, 07:10:10 PM »

You just can't help it can you george?
Ed KB1HVS

« Reply #15 on: March 24, 2005, 07:23:23 PM »

Quote from: wb1aij
Quote from: Pete, WA2CWA
[
Having worked Irb many times over the years since becoming licensed in 1976 I have never found him to be objectionable.He may be a bit odd at times; marching to the beat of a different drum, but that is ok. He has always been civil and cordial to me. I have had some very interesting conversations with him on a multitude of topics, and despite his lack of on- the- air belches, profanities, funny noises, and whining about other Hams, he is an interesting character.

Some people are sure getting a lot of mileage out of this small squabble.

I have not been licensed as long as most of the crew. But have been a SWL for MANY years. To me, Irb is part of the daily programming on 75 and has been a thorn in the side to some. There are much worse operators on the bands(MAN by the lake). I try to avoid working VJZ but the times that I had he has been OK. I do not agree with a lot with what he says and he is a bit eccentric.  So What? He is entertaining. I think this thing can be  handled  differently. Who will be next? p.s. I also find  on- the- air belches, profanities, funny noises, etc. pretty entetaining too, but Im easily amused :badgrin:

KB1HVS. Your Hi Value Station
W2VW
Contributing

« Reply #16 on: March 24, 2005, 08:22:31 PM »

Who will be next? p.s. I also find  on- the- air belches, profanities, funny noises, etc. pretty entetaining too, but Im easily amused :badgrin:

I think they should next focus on people with muffled audio. After that, they can go after guys who always talk about the same subject. Then onto people who lie about their past......
GEORGE/W2AMR
« Reply #17 on: March 25, 2005, 04:16:40 AM »

Quote from: Jim, W5JO

You just can't help it can you george?

Sorry Jim,  I'll try to keep the jokes down to a minimum.  We can't let this humor thing get out of control.
Jim, W5JO

« Reply #18 on: March 25, 2005, 08:59:11 AM »

Sorry Jim,  I'll try to keep the jokes down to a minimum.  We can't let this humor thing get out of control.

Control.  Who on this list is ever in control (laughing)?
k4kyv
Contributing Member
Don

« Reply #19 on: March 25, 2005, 12:29:13 PM »

I haven't talked to Irb for a year or two, but when I have talked to him in the past, he was never rude to me.  I didn't agree with everything he said, but so what, I'm sure a lot of people don't agree with what I say sometimes.

Sometimes he can be a pest with his Jesus 'n Jefferson CQ's, but I just tune to another frequency.  

I'm a  little uncomfortable with the FCC getting involved because someone answers someone else's CQ even though  that person didn't want to talk to him.

If he came on the frequency and jammed someone else's response to the CQ, that would be a different matter.

The FCC is probably more freaked out because he didn't answer their correspondence to their satisfaction.  These days you can get correspondence from the FCC, mandatory reply expected, simply because some Joe Blow makes a totally ungrounded complaint to the FCC.

Imagine if you left the country for an extended trip abroad, and while you were gone someone mistook your callsign in an incident over the air, and by the time you returned to the USA, you found the FCC had cancelled your licence because you didn't respond to their correcspondence.  I suspect that in today's climate that could happen.

Don, K4KYV                                       AMI#5
Licensed since 1959 and not happy to be back on AM...    Never got off AM in the first place.

- - -
This message was typed using the DVORAK keyboard layout.
http://www.mwbrooks.com/dvorak
Jack-KA3ZLR-
« Reply #20 on: March 25, 2005, 04:13:22 PM »

Yea Don like when i Heard my Laughter and end of transmission ID on 40 CW...someone was playing a recording....I'm listening to CW and my Audio portion was run right in front of me from a QSO on 80...Lotsa of Funny People out there...
Tom W2ILA

« Reply #21 on: March 27, 2005, 10:21:16 AM »

Don,
I couldn't agree more with your terms.  Less Govt overseeing our lives is better.

However, the root of the complaint is more in line with just plain bad operating practice.  For example, this Easter morning at 0630 I fired up on 3888 because I wanted to get away from an AM QSO on 3880 and an ssb QSO on 3891.  The freq was quiet, I called CQ and had a QSO until about 0730.  At that time Irb fired up on 3885 wind chimes and all.  He called CQ three times.  Another station within our QSO called him and invited him to join us on 3888.  Instead of acknowledging and sliding up he choose to continue calling CQ 3kc away.  Eventually, he went away.  I signed off at about 0800.

Rude, yes.  Illegal, maybe.  Hell bent on taking the enjoyment of others involved in anything other than a QSO involving his agenda - you bet.  In the grand scheme this is neither a problem nor epedemic.  Any problem is now being created by Irb himself in an effort to play games with the Govt.  He is now actively trying to QRM other stations in the hope that he can get more attention through complaints and recordings being sent to the FCC.  My guess is that eventually, if we do nothing, he will stop and go back to a more civil operating style.  But that is not my call.  Each ham will have to choose what is best for himself and the fraternity given the situation.

FYI, I did hear (from Irb in another QSO) that I was officially on Irb's "blacklist".  Meaning I choose not to answer his CQ's and I also participate in the Old Military Radio Net using gear built "from blood money".  I suppose a blacklister is more apt to be rudely treated. I have chosen to avoid 3885 lately because of the frequency ownership practices there.  Or more appropriately, I know what programming will be on 3885 and I choose not to watch it!

My VFO works FB OM!

Tom
kc2ifr
« Reply #22 on: March 27, 2005, 12:18:43 PM »

Let me see,
From what Im told....Im on the MAN radio nazi list, Irbs blacklist, and lets not forget the ever popular ECG shit list. Does this mean I've arrived?Huh :?
Tom W2ILA

« Reply #23 on: March 27, 2005, 12:41:30 PM »

I believe that's called the Triple Crown.

You get to buy the keg.

TM
Art
« Reply #24 on: March 27, 2005, 01:07:37 PM »

I used to agree with the ignore the childish behaviors to make them go away. Unfortunately, this is using adult logic on a personality that doesn't have the same frame of reference. He simply continues the behavior. It's like looking for a rational reason for suicide. The act is irrational so the search is futile.

I also agree having the government in our business is an undesireable situation. However, the only recourse is to seek government enforcement of whatever regulation will rid the band of this personality.

I don't agree that he or other operators who continually break the regulations should be excused because they are irrational. This is a personality that wizzes in the pool because they don't mind swimming in their own piss and it tends to get them noticed. They should be banned from the pool, period. If the FCC is the mechanism I'll take the risk that my own operation might be more carefully scrutinized.

-ap
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015