The AM Forum
March 28, 2024, 06:40:49 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Tim!  (Read 7317 times)
ka1tdq

Red part turned in for a refund.

« on: December 14, 2016, 10:30:45 PM »

It's almost like I'm living in the northeast again.  I was able to talk with Tim, WA1HLR, tonight on 3885.  It was a quick one, but I was able to say hi again after several years. 

Anyway, class E... good stuff.  Have I said that yet already?

Jon

It’s not just values, it’s business.
W6TOM
Contributing

« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2016, 06:49:39 PM »

What time?? How much power were you running?I was back visiting my sisters on the south shore for a month in October and talked to him on 40 fairly regularly in the late morning and we had a chance to talk at NEARFEST. He knows a number of people in the LA area who are hams that also know.
ka1tdq

« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2016, 09:55:01 PM »

It was around 8:20 pm Arizona time.  I was running about 375 watts carrier. 

I've met him a couple times at the Deerfield and Boxboro hamfests.  I really miss the Deerfield hamfest.  It almost always had lots of parts.  The festers here are smaller, but you can still find parts to build with.  The good thing (I guess) is that nobody builds nowadays so parts are cheaper.

I picked up the cabinet in this picture two weekends ago and a coworker painted it for me.  It's housing the new 40 meter class E rig and (gasp) a DX-60.  I couldn't help myself and picked up the Heathkit from eBay.  It works and I'll use it for CW. 

Jon

* IMG_1125.JPG (2163.8 KB, 4032x3024 - viewed 1190 times.)

W6TOM
Contributing

« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2016, 11:36:44 PM »

I have a T-368 that is need of repair, the plate relay is bad and the fact the power supply weighs in at 350 lbs is why I haven't fixed it yet. I have a ART-13 or a Valiant I can can get on the air now but that may not be enough power. I also have a Super Senior that I need to get on the air, that will be the next priority.

I envy the space, acre sized yards, my sisters have, one in Kingston and the other in Wareham, MA but not the weather supposed to be 10 degree there tomorrow.
KF7WWW

« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2016, 09:15:43 AM »

Jon
That rack mount cabinet really looks nice! Much better then the grey box you where dragging across the parking lot.. Grin

73's

Sam
ka1tdq

« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2016, 12:38:09 AM »

Thanks Sam! Yeah, I got the cabinet itself for $25 at the hamfest.  It looked pretty ragged.  A coworker of mine paints cars on the side and he cut me a really good deal.  It came out great!

Jon

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015