The AM Forum
May 10, 2024, 12:27:06 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Looking For An Electrician Near Vernon Ct  (Read 3169 times)
AJ1G
Contributing

« on: July 25, 2015, 05:35:37 PM »

Do any of you upstate guys near Vernon (GFZ, LGQ, JJ, RKW) know of a good licensed electrician who can help my son Dave in Vernon out?  He is selling his house and just had an inspection done by the buyer.  Several electrical hits came up mainly ungrounded outlets and I suspect one on multiple conductors on the neutral and ground bar in the panel having more than one wire per terminal screw.  Most are doubled and tripled up.  These issues also came up on the inspection he had done when he bought the house 10 years ago.  He said he was told all of the electrical concerns back then were fixed prior to his closing but he never actually looked and the work was definitely not done then.  Wish he had told me more than two days prior to the recent inspection or the problems would have all been fixed beforehand.  Now that it's gone through inspection he has to have the work done by a licensed electrician or at least have a licensed guy inspect any work he does himself.  Please PM me here or email me at my QRZ.com email address.  Thanks.

Chris, AJ1G
Stonington, CT
W1RKW
Contributing

« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2015, 05:51:18 PM »

Chris,
See my PM.  Call me at my office phone if you have any questions.

Bob

Bob
W1RKW
Home of GORT.
AJ1G
Contributing

« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2015, 06:04:29 PM »

Thanks Bob!

Chris, AJ1G
Stonington, CT
W4EWH

« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2015, 10:12:25 PM »

Do any of you upstate guys near Vernon (GFZ, LGQ, JJ, RKW) know of a good licensed electrician who can help my son Dave in Vernon out?  ... Now that it's gone through inspection he has to have the work done by a licensed electrician or at least have a licensed guy inspect any work he does himself.  

Ask him to check with the town: some towns (mine included) allow "homeowner" permits, which are then inspected by the town electrical inspector.

I took out a homeowner permit when I heavied-up my service to 200 amps.

W1AC

Life's too short for plastic radios.  Wallow in the hollow! - KD1SH
AJ1G
Contributing

« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2015, 02:31:35 PM »

Grank - GFZ, got your recent PM but I could not respond to it, said you had blocked my response.  I can't even get back to my PMs on here now....sounds like something is amiss on that part of the web site.

At any rate, son Dave found a good local guy that took care of the electrical issues needed to close.  He is all set now, closing was a few weeks ago now, everything went fine.

Thanks to all who responded.

Chris, AJ1G
Stonington, CT
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015