The AM Forum
April 27, 2024, 08:58:43 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Widow report  (Read 1477 times)
W3GMS
Contributing

« on: June 20, 2014, 04:11:06 PM »

I have gotten some updates on two widows from a couple of our AM friends that are now silent keys.  

Many of you will remember Kim - KE3SX who was very active on AM before his passing some time back.  His widow Donna has taken the balance of Kim's gear and passed it to Estes out in Ohio to be auctioned.  She tried to sell individual pieces herself and I even posted some pieces here but it was not successful.  The auction is scheduled for sometime in August of this year.  She was sad to see his treasures go, but as part of the moving forward process it was a required step.  We all wish her well though the process.  

On another note, I talked to Dave - K3ZRF widow Pam this morning.  She is living down in Georgia and seems to  be doing ok.   She is spending her time watching the grand-kids and keeping busy which is good.  She will be up in the Lancaster, PA area next week to attend a graduation celebration.  She loves the winters in Georgia but she said it was very hot down there today!  We had a few laughs over cooking hot peppers and how best to barbeque ribs!  Both of the items Dave was a pro at.  

Joe - W3GMS

Simplicity is the Elegance of Design---W3GMS
W2PFY
Contributing

« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2014, 01:49:40 PM »

Joe, glad to hear the XYL's are moving on. My dad died at age 48 and that left my mother with two children to raise. I was already in the US Army so I was not much help to her. Women are strong by nature and she got the job done. People are amazingly resilient................. 

The secrecy of my job prevents me from knowing what I am doing.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015