The AM Forum
April 26, 2024, 02:05:47 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Wanted: Info on an antique multimeter.  (Read 1270 times)
ashart
« on: February 09, 2013, 09:44:19 AM »

Nearly 70 years ago, when my OM (VE1MZ) was encouraging me to become interested in ham radio (he did succeed), he often let me play around with my one-tube receivers and 6L6 xtal oscillator building projects in his workroom.

Several of my memories involve a multimeter that I often scattered by such ill-conceived efforts as trying to learn the internal resistance of a 45 volt B battery with his  ohmmeter.  Dad’s patience was great and a meter repair and some instructional words ended the disaster.  Dad is long ago a silent key, but I’d sure like to obtain one of those multimeters.

Sri abt the drafting and my lousy memory, but the sketch tries to show a hand-held multimeter where the functions and ranges are entered by the knob on the right side, and the meter functions and range scales were displayed by a rotating turret, much like the bands on a latter-day HRO receiver.   Oh yes, it’s very fragile when applying 45 volts to its low-ohms scale!

We lived in eastern Canada in those days, so the meter might well be of non-USA origin, but if you have any idea of make or model, I’d sure be appreciative!

73 de al hart, W8VR es VE1VI.

* Multimeter.jpg (128.86 KB, 846x843 - viewed 364 times.)
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015