The AM Forum
April 28, 2024, 02:52:47 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Earthquake rocks Baltimore (and the rest of the east coast)  (Read 22697 times)
Steve - K4HX
« Reply #50 on: August 25, 2011, 06:57:40 PM »

Here's what is headed our way.

Winds in the 85-110 MPH forecast for my QTH.

http://www.nasa.gov/multimedia/imagegallery/image_feature_2043.html
K1JJ
Contributing

"Let's go kayaking, Tommy!" - Yaz

« Reply #51 on: August 25, 2011, 07:25:35 PM »

Round and round she goes - where it stops, no one knows.

It was almost comical this morning as I listened to the national news saying they were projecting landfall in SE CT. That's here. It was like a gag where someone would next say the eye was projected to go over JJ's bedroom.

However, they did show a "before" picture of the actual hurricane target as of this evening:

Hurricane Target

T

Use an "AM Courtesy Filter" to limit transmit audio bandwidth  +-4.5 KHz, +-6.0 KHz or +-8.0 KHz when needed.  Easily done in DSP.

Wise Words : "I'm as old as I've ever been... and I'm as young as I'll ever be."

There's nothing like an old dog.
The Slab Bacon

« Reply #52 on: August 26, 2011, 07:56:58 AM »

Got plenty of food in the fridge, plenty of gas for the generator, plenty of staples like coffee and pasta. YL is picking up munchies and stuff today.

Looks like a really good excuse to play "couch potato" for a couple days. Since I am the only one in the hood with a generator big enough to run the whole house, allready talked to a few of the closer neighbors and working up stragety for a "hurricane party"  Grin  Grin

"No is not an answer and failure is not an option!"
WA3VJB
« Reply #53 on: August 26, 2011, 08:58:22 AM »

Got plenty of food in the fridge, plenty of gas for the generator, plenty of staples like coffee and pasta. YL is picking up munchies and stuff today.

Looks like a really good excuse to play "couch potato" for a couple days. Since I am the only one in the hood with a generator big enough to run the whole house, allready talked to a few of the closer neighbors and working up stragety for a "hurricane party"  Grin  Grin

You're all set, Frank !

Same here. Genset is full and proofed, got the boat tank filled (storage for genset), and headed to the grocery store for some provisions before they strip the shelves this afternoon.

The Slab Bacon

« Reply #54 on: August 26, 2011, 09:12:45 AM »

Yea, we're good to go.

The YL looked at me last night after watching the local news and sez to me:

Oh, Oh, I need to get some flashlight batteries.  Huh  Huh  I looked at her like she was crazy and told her: We have 3 generators, all of our flashlights are rechargeable and nothing in this house uses flashlight batteries. What in the hell do we need them for? ? She sez that the news said we should stock up on them in for the upcoming emergency. I hollered at her to stop watching the news before I cut the cable...................  Grin  Grin

WA3VJB
« Reply #55 on: August 26, 2011, 10:07:39 AM »

Frank I presume your three generators are for:

-- Fridge

-- Radios

-- Well water

Got a portable job here.  Good startup capacity and fairly thrifty one-lung engine with electric start.

Got a dedicated throttle/governor adjusting tool and I assigned it a "hamfest special" Triplett combination wattometer and voltmeter.

Yep, it was running a little high when this image taken. Part of it is to compensate for a run of #10-4.

* IMG_5786.JPG (833.38 KB, 1024x768 - viewed 364 times.)

* IMG_5788.jpg (720.39 KB, 1024x709 - viewed 368 times.)
The Slab Bacon

« Reply #56 on: August 26, 2011, 10:19:33 AM »

8KW, nice Genny, Paul!!

My big one 5kw water cooled pretty much runs the whole house It's a 1948 "U.S.Power and light" (yes it's older than me  Shocked  Grin )

The next one is for backup JIC it's 3.5 kw and also a Lincoln portable welder.

The third one is just for the hell of it, it's a little Honda EM400 lunchbox.

The Slab Bacon

« Reply #57 on: August 26, 2011, 10:22:39 AM »

8KW, nice Genny, Paul!!

My big one 5kw water cooled pretty much runs the whole house It's a 1948 "U.S.Power and light" (yes it's older than me  Shocked  Grin ) but it's quiet, only runz 1800 RPM

The next one is for backup JIC it's 3.5 kw and also a Lincoln portable welder.

The third one is just for the hell of it, it's a little Honda EM400 lunchbox.

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015