The AM Forum
May 02, 2024, 04:27:00 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: RIP Petey 2001-2011  (Read 11627 times)
Todd, KA1KAQ
Administrator

AMbassador

« Reply #25 on: June 10, 2011, 07:34:57 PM »

Very sorry for your loss, Johnny. Petey was truly a cool friend and you were fortunate to share his time here on earth. He was funny to watch, funny to listen to, even funny just to look at. I remember how he'd want to play whenever we'd come into the house with those 4 long legs just a-flyin. I recall he watched you a lot, I suspect just waiting for an opening or invitation to cut loose.

I thought of him last week, and always will whenever I open a bottle of that Lagunitas IPA you turned me on to. Petey's on the cap.

known as The Voice of Vermont in a previous life
Ed/KB1HYS
Contributing

« Reply #26 on: June 10, 2011, 10:32:53 PM »

Dogs live short lives,  but they pack lot's of love and affection into the time they have. They're so much smarter than us that way. 

I believe they stick around just long enough for use to love them well, but not long enough for us to take them for granted. 

They mourn for us if we pass first as well. My fathers dog still searches for him, and Dad's been gone 6 months now.

73 de Ed/KB1HYS
Happiness is Hot Tubes, Cold 807's, and warm room filling AM Sound.
 "I've spent three quarters of my life trying to figure out how to do a $50 job for $.50, the rest I spent trying to come up with the $0.50" - D. Gingery
K1JJ
Contributing

"Let's go kayaking, Tommy!" - Yaz

« Reply #27 on: June 10, 2011, 11:32:42 PM »

Dogs live short lives,  but they pack lot's of love and affection into the time they have. They're so much smarter than us that way. 

I believe they stick around just long enough for use to love them well, but not long enough for us to take them for granted. 

They mourn for us if we pass first as well. My fathers dog still searches for him, and Dad's been gone 6 months now.

Very well said, Ed....   Smiley

T

Use an "AM Courtesy Filter" to limit transmit audio bandwidth  +-4.5 KHz, +-6.0 KHz or +-8.0 KHz when needed.  Easily done in DSP.

Wise Words : "I'm as old as I've ever been... and I'm as young as I'll ever be."

There's nothing like an old dog.
KC2TAU

« Reply #28 on: June 11, 2011, 01:10:01 AM »

I'm quite sorry to hear about your loss. Some people think pets are just animals but those who truly love and cherish them know they are much more than that.
K1DEU
« Reply #29 on: June 11, 2011, 06:25:49 AM »

Very sorry your bud passed along John.  To me I have always preferred one each who I raised together meaning one Dog and One Cat. But Its rare when we can have what we want. When I was young it was almost always one Dog only.
A friend of Guys W1FRM sent me a short article which I keep on my ham webpage;  http://www.hamelectronics.com/k1deu/pages/family/dogs_cats.html   
W1RC
Contributing

« Reply #30 on: June 11, 2011, 02:30:06 PM »

I'm sorry for your loss, John.

MrMike

"It is a good thing we don't get the government we pay for."  Will Rogers.
W3RSW
Contributing

Rick & "Roosevelt"

« Reply #31 on: June 13, 2011, 07:36:43 AM »

..just stumbled across this JN.  Say, Petey kind of looks like Frank and Carol's new doggie, 'Boss'.   Maybe a little of Petey resides now in Overlea.

RICK  *W3RSW*
KE6DF

« Reply #32 on: June 13, 2011, 11:04:16 AM »

Your thread made me wonder about the age of my oldest cat (of four).

Turns out he just turned 10 yrs.

Cats tend to live a bit longer, and at 10 he isn't showing any signs of age yet.

We had a cat who died at age 21 a few years ago. She was pretty frail the last couple years.

When she was about 20 I remember one night hearing a horrible howling coming from the back yard. It sounded like the cat was dying a  terrible death.

I went down stairs to the back door, and there was the old cat with a mouse in her mouth. 

As soon as I opened the door, saw the mouse, and called her a good cat, she was quiet.

She just wanted to show the head of her household that she could still hunt.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015