The AM Forum
May 02, 2024, 12:47:59 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: NOT cool  (Read 4455 times)
WA3VJB
« on: March 27, 2011, 08:08:15 AM »

Calendar says Spring but the weather says Winter.

This morning, out front.

* IMG_4449.JPG (725.76 KB, 3264x2448 - viewed 390 times.)
K5UJ
Contributing

« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2011, 10:15:43 AM »

Ya but, no thunderstorms (at least none here up north), no bugs, no yardwork (yet), no tornadoes, low humidity, no need to run a/c, ...if it stayed like this another 2 or 3 months I'd be happy.

"Not taking crap or giving it is a pretty good lifestyle."--Frank
W4AAB

« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2011, 01:24:33 PM »

It didn't get cold enough to kill the bugs here. Maybe our little dogwood or blackberry winters will do some of them in. We got one going on right now at 44 degrees. Glad it is springtime, though!!
WA3VJB
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2011, 01:34:16 PM »

Yeah, snow's gone now.
Been on the radio all morning. Came out and found 45 degs and sunny.
Keep it this way or warmer, please.
k4kyv
Contributing Member
Don

« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2011, 02:45:31 PM »

Ya but, no thunderstorms (at least none here up north), no bugs, no yardwork (yet), no tornadoes, low humidity, no need to run a/c, ...if it stayed like this another 2 or 3 months I'd be happy.

The T-storms we had in the southeast from the Mississippi to the east coast last night probably polluted the ionosphere all over N America east of the Rockies.

I would be glad to see 2 1/2 months of cold, freezing snowy weather if it meant a long spring and a long autumn with blue skies and low humidity. I could take a long hot summer too, without that damned humidity. But I do prefer a change in seasons.  I once lived in a place that touts "Thirteen months of sunshine" with lovely weather year-round, but after the first year or so, it occurred to me that the beautiful unchanging climate was boring and could be downright depressing.

Don, K4KYV                                       AMI#5
Licensed since 1959 and not happy to be back on AM...    Never got off AM in the first place.

- - -
This message was typed using the DVORAK keyboard layout.
http://www.mwbrooks.com/dvorak
K1DEU
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2011, 03:04:28 PM »

Yep Don living suddenly in a one climate per year place near the equator /DU1 or Cambodia is a real boring bummer. Like 48 weeks of constant 89 degree sunshine dry weather to 4 weeks of constant 89 degrees of continuous rain.

Or up in /VE8 Canadian North West Territory's  land where we had 11 months of a constant -44 degrees no wind total darkness and one month of total continious daylight of around + 35 degrees.

And I couldn't wait to get back home to 43 degrees north of the Equator so I could PNM about too long a winter or any of the 4 different seasons. Yes I am only happy when I can Moan and Groan about the weather Often!
John, K1DEU Stamford Vermont
K5UJ
Contributing

« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2011, 03:58:11 PM »

The ideal is winter wx and band condx for about 10 months; then 2 months of nice summer wx for antenna maint. work.  Maybe 4 months to include hamfests.

"Not taking crap or giving it is a pretty good lifestyle."--Frank
WA3VJB
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2011, 07:47:32 PM »

Ah, but the day ended very well.

Me and my peeps got out for a hike this afternoon, saw a few bluebirds, then we stopped to watch the sun go down.

* IMG_2860.JPG (1960.1 KB, 4416x3312 - viewed 566 times.)

* IMG_2863.JPG (51.13 KB, 640x480 - viewed 387 times.)
WB2EMS
Contributing

« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2011, 11:48:10 PM »

It was 26F and windy but clear and sunny today. This time of year we're just gritting our teeth and waiting for the weather to break.  We got teased 10 days ago with 60F, but 3 days later we got 2 feet of snow.

I like the change of seasons, but would like it better if it wasn't 1 month of spring, 4 months of summer, 1 month of fall and 6 months of winter.  Sad

Some days I want to take a snow shovel and drive south till someone says "What is that?" and throw out my anchor there.  Grin

I put on my coveralls and took a walk about back and spent an hour in a tree stand calling coyotes. They were smart, they were denned up, out of the wind!

73 de Kevin, WB2EMS
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015