Warning: Creating default object from empty value in /homepages/11/d132647312/htdocs/Amfone/mkportal/include/SMF/smf_out.php on line 47
Broadcast Audio from your DX-60

The AM Forum
May 21, 2019, 01:13:13 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 3 [4]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Broadcast Audio from your DX-60  (Read 40651 times)
W4EWH

« Reply #75 on: January 29, 2019, 01:50:27 PM »

I use my shack audio system - same one is used for all rigs.  This is really the only way to go if you have more than one transmitter.  Just build up an audio system with EQ, peak limiting, etc., make it line level out and then you can use it with anything.

I'm going to standardize my shack's audio that way, and I'd like to know what "line level" is in this context. I have a Ranger I, a T-60, an IC-7300, and a Class D (sorry) AM transmitter. Do you bypass the mic amps in the individual rigs?

Thanks in advance.

Bill, W4EWH

Life has a curious way of evening out
KD1SH

« Reply #76 on: January 29, 2019, 05:52:20 PM »

Just bought a used hardcover copy of the 15th edition a few months back; wish I'd known about this website!  Bill Orr was awesome - I was building stuff from designs in his books back in the 70's.
    In the January issue of Electric Radio there's an excellent article by W7YAZ about screen modulated novice transmitters; some very good info and well presented operational theory.

I first saw this type of screen modulator in The Radio Handbook 15th edition (1959), Pp 290,291. Available here:
http://www.tubebooks.org/books/orr_radio.pdf
It's a good read, describing the function of the circuit. Also, it contains two potentiometers, one for carrier level and one for negative peak level. There are, of course, many ways to implement the concept. The circuit that Steve presents is a proven design. It should work as well for you as it did for him.

Don
WA4WAX

« Reply #77 on: January 30, 2019, 07:30:39 PM »

Trailer Trash audio for your DX-60.

https://archive.org/details/73-magazine-1964-05/page/n1
Pages: 1 ... 3 [4]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone 2001-2015