The AM Forum
May 15, 2024, 08:42:44 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: R-807/Commie ART-13 copy  (Read 10725 times)
Todd, KA1KAQ
Administrator

AMbassador

« on: January 08, 2011, 11:59:57 PM »

Knowing the affinity many here have for the ART-13/ATC, thought this mind be of interest:

http://tinyurl.com/38vwscd

Some will remember that, along with the ART-13, they also copied the BC-348 receiver as part of the project to copy detail for detail the American B-29 from three examples that made emergency landings in the USSR from missions to Japan, including the Hap Arnold.

You gotta love the guy's description.

* R-807_2.jpg (531.14 KB, 785x589 - viewed 477 times.)

known as The Voice of Vermont in a previous life
W2PFY
Contributing

« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2011, 12:16:41 AM »

one more from the same guy Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

USSR Special Forces Radio Brand New Complete set R-143 (Bagulnik)

1.5 - 19.999 MHz 1KHz step. CW/USB/ЧТ modulation, 1-10watt ( switch ) Synth , doublefreq. conv. 2 meters antenna deploy in seconds. Power 12 volts 2x12v batterys. Transmission mode automaticly swiched to 24volts.All battery never used dry. There is instruction in small battery manuals how to fill it with asid.It has big strong heavy battery compartment I show 2 last pictures. I live it in Russia, to expancive and difficult smuggle to USA.  it is belong to this set, just need to pay 250$ for shipping to get it ! it is even more heavy, than entire radio set.

Everything is included in set, only there is no tampax if oprator woman..... PRICE is CHIP.... FOX it is REAR !!!!

Radio in USA Shipping 50$ any state.

International ask price, I will do shipping discount.

The secrecy of my job prevents me from knowing what I am doing.
Bill, KD0HG

304-TH - Workin' it

« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2011, 09:15:14 AM »

What does the control labeled "Kaopectate" do?
W3SLK

Just another member member.

« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2011, 11:17:59 AM »

Bill asked:

Why it keeps all the crap in!  Wink

Mike(y)/W3SLK
Invisible airwaves crackle with life, bright antenna bristle with the energy. Emotional feedback, on timeless wavelength, bearing a gift beyond lights, almost free.... Spirit of Radio/Rush
K1JJ
Contributing

"Let's go kayaking, Tommy!" - Yaz

« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2011, 11:26:19 AM »

Looks like someone hit the vodka when they made the silkscreen - some of the lettering is backwards and inside out... Wink

T

Use an "AM Courtesy Filter" to limit transmit audio bandwidth  +-4.5 KHz, +-6.0 KHz or +-8.0 KHz when needed.  Easily done in DSP.

Wise Words : "I'm as old as I've ever been... and I'm as young as I'll ever be."

There's nothing like an old dog.
Todd, KA1KAQ
Administrator

AMbassador

« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2011, 12:06:17 PM »

And P is really R or whatever. Smiley

It's a pretty amazing copy considering they had to reverse-engineer it to build jigs, molds, etc. Almost as amazing is that this particular one was built in 1970. Around the time a lot of hams here were probably starting to toss their surplus ART-13s for new transceivers.

N8ETQ

Mort

« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2011, 09:29:13 PM »

the Lid Vents are pretty cool... (no pun intended ?)

/Dan
KM1H
Contributing

« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2011, 09:34:56 PM »

It took Ivan 25 years to do the Chinese copy Roll Eyes  And they gained 50 in technology.
K6JEK
Contributing

RF in the shack

« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2011, 10:01:41 PM »

Here's the story of  cloning of the whole plane.

http://www.rb-29.net/html/03RelatedStories/03.03shortstories/03.03.10contss.htm
KC9LKE

« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2011, 02:09:52 PM »

OK, here’s transmitter, now hand over flying squirrel!   Grin
KC2TAU

« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2011, 07:46:47 PM »

Garys_lab is a real trip. He has some great descriptions but I do feel that his prices are a bit too much. The equipment he has for sale is quite interesting though as some of the engineering on some of the Soviet communication gear is really quite impressive. Considerable lengths were taken in order to ensure reliability and durability.
Wavebourn

« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2011, 01:38:57 AM »

It means Corrector. Корректор (Cyrillic). What does it mean, I don't know.

Speaking of BC-348, it was also copied, Russian copy was called УС-9 (US-9). As far as I heard, the entire machine including everything inside was copied by direct order of Stalin himself. People were afraid to argue, so even some extra holes in RT-13 were copied. The holes were made by bullets of Japanese machine-gun...

WD8BIL
Contributing

« Reply #12 on: January 13, 2011, 07:45:59 AM »

Holy smokes Shocked Shocked Shocked

It's nice to see you again Wavebourn!!!
w3jn
Johnny Novice
Administrator

« Reply #13 on: January 13, 2011, 08:16:52 AM »

Indeed, welcome back, Tolly!  I about fell off my chair when I saw you in the members to be approved list  Grin

FCC:  "The record is devoid of a demonstrated nexus between Morse code proficiency and on-the-air conduct."
The Slab Bacon

« Reply #14 on: January 13, 2011, 08:52:12 AM »

Welcome back Tolly!! Good to see you here again!! It's been a llllooonnnngggg time!

"No is not an answer and failure is not an option!"
Wavebourn

« Reply #15 on: January 13, 2011, 11:26:10 AM »

Thank you guys! It is nice to see you again!

All that time I had worked with audio only... Have some prototypes, but can't find a brave man who can take a risk and start manufacturing.

Here are some examples:

Todd, KA1KAQ
Administrator

AMbassador

« Reply #16 on: January 13, 2011, 12:01:47 PM »

People were afraid to argue, so even some extra holes in RT-13 were copied. The holes were made by bullets of Japanese machine-gun...

That's absolutely true. Several bullet patches were replicated on the B-29 copies for exactly the reason you say - no one dared do otherwise.

Good to see you back, Tolly - that's some nice looking equipment you've made! There has been a lot of new audio gear coming on the market in recent years, so persistence will be the word of the day.

Wavebourn

« Reply #17 on: January 13, 2011, 12:25:36 PM »

People were afraid to argue, so even some extra holes in RT-13 were copied. The holes were made by bullets of Japanese machine-gun...

That's absolutely true. Several bullet patches were replicated on the B-29 copies for exactly the reason you say - no one dared do otherwise.

Yes. But what they were not afraid of, to improve if improvements were obvious. For example, US-9 is remote controlled.

here you go: http://www.radioscanner.ru/files/download/file3382/us-9_shema.djvu

Good to see you back, Tolly - that's some nice looking equipment you've made! There has been a lot of new audio gear coming on the market in recent years, so persistence will be the word of the day.

Thank you Todd!
Do you mean all that Chinese crap with undersized transformers?

W2PFY
Contributing

« Reply #18 on: January 13, 2011, 12:57:22 PM »

Tolly, A friend who manages a cigar shop goes regularly to Montreal to what I would estimate to be a really high end audio shows and shops. I'm probably preaching to the quire here, but do you go to such shows to network?

One of the items he purchased was a stereo preamp. I haven't seen this equipment in person but i did see some pictures of his set up.

The preamp had from what I could see had four 6SN7's in there plus some other tubes. It had a beautiful wooden cabinet and was all point to point wiring. Now the kicker, the cost of that preamp was $8000.00 big ones. He must have well over 100 grand in his system. I know we beat up on audiofools all the time but I say, if you can afford it and it makes you feel good, do it Grin Grin Grin

The secrecy of my job prevents me from knowing what I am doing.
Wavebourn

« Reply #19 on: January 13, 2011, 01:09:38 PM »

If you calculate how much it would be to manufacture in US or Canada... Oh boy! Chassis only would cost more than several Chinese amps... We can't compete against China, unless we have some exclusive quality that they can't offer.
For example, my Pyramids amps clip at 100W per channel, but optical limiters won't allow more than 80W. That means, never clipping on any peaks. I use high quality American made line input, output, and power transformers. Each of them costs more than entire Chinese tube amp. Point to point wiring, how much time of qualified work it requires? Can Americans be paid for such job equally to Chinese workers? If I calculate fair prise for my amps made in USA you will see that $8,000.00 preamp is not bad... Unfortunately, our modern economy is not favorable to Made in USA stuff... I call it Recyclonomics, only goods made for recycling can be competitive.

KB2WIG
Contributing

« Reply #20 on: January 13, 2011, 05:43:44 PM »

T,

its about time

klc

What? Me worry?
Wavebourn

« Reply #21 on: January 13, 2011, 06:04:41 PM »

T,

its about time

klc

Do you mean, it's about time to start manufacturing in U.S.? But who can afford such production? And who is brave enough to invest in manufacturing of U.S. made gear?

KB2WIG
Contributing

« Reply #22 on: January 13, 2011, 06:08:17 PM »

its about time you posted here..........    were still waiting for your call

welcome back

klc

What? Me worry?
Wavebourn

« Reply #23 on: January 13, 2011, 06:34:57 PM »

Ah, thank you Kevin!
I'm still waiting for people to say, "Go for it, Tolly, it's time to build and sell your wonderful audio gear!"  Grin

Mike/W8BAC
Contributing

« Reply #24 on: January 13, 2011, 08:39:54 PM »

It's GREAT to see you again Tolly! I like your amp layout. Good Luck.

Mike
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015