The AM Forum
May 15, 2024, 03:37:21 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: R-807/Commie ART-13 copy  (Read 10722 times)
Wavebourn

« Reply #25 on: January 13, 2011, 10:24:59 PM »

Thank you Mike!

Honestly, I have to confess, I was taught by Commies to do layouts for military equipment. Wink

Thansformers are in a vented box, capacitors are underneath, tubes installed such a way flat surfaces of anodes look under angles, mirror behind them, and perforated chassis. The best thermal regime I could come with.

All amps use solid state voltage stabilizers, including filaments (except output tubes).

* Pyramid-VII-ps.jpg (213.8 KB, 1632x1872 - viewed 306 times.)

* Pyramid-VII-M-OS.gif (21.2 KB, 771x849 - viewed 315 times.)

* Pyramid-VII-Indicator.gif (20.46 KB, 1187x635 - viewed 298 times.)
w3jn
Johnny Novice
Administrator

« Reply #26 on: January 13, 2011, 11:01:44 PM »

That's a beautiful, simple, and elegant reg PS design, Tolly - complete with current foldback - I like it!!  I gotta wonder why I see analog VR circuits with 6 or 7 transistors soemtimes....

FCC:  "The record is devoid of a demonstrated nexus between Morse code proficiency and on-the-air conduct."
Wavebourn

« Reply #27 on: January 13, 2011, 11:06:50 PM »

The drawing of power supply has an error: 400V rectified and 400V stabilized are connected by mistake.

As you may see, output stage has local parallel feedback around output tubes. It requires driver with stable linear output resistance. I used 6P15P pentodes (like EL84 with improved linearity).

* Pyramid-VII-driver-2.4.gif (40.31 KB, 800x473 - viewed 307 times.)
Wavebourn

« Reply #28 on: January 13, 2011, 11:11:21 PM »

The drawing of power supply has an error: 400V rectified and 400V stabilized are connected by mistake.

As you may see, output stage has local parallel feedback around output tubes. It requires driver with stable output resistance.

Thank you Jonny!
All disciplines we learned in TIASUR were taught around optimization backbone. I feel no good when I see some spoilers that are not functional. One man said, "I like you amps, they look like military Jeep, nothing odd". I hope, I have no overlooked spoilers in my designs. Wink

Since tubes in driver are directly coupled I used DC from tail of driver LTP as feedback to screen grid of the 1'st tube to stabilize working points for all of them. The amp has nested feedback: global feedback goes from 8 Ohm secondary to cathode of the 1'st input pentode.

Optocouplers in screen grids of output tubes sense sharp grow of current before clipping. One of them fires up bright red LED, another one is used as an input signal attenuator, so when you see flashing red light on front panel that means compression instead of clipping.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015