The AM Forum
May 08, 2024, 04:36:45 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: W0vmc and wa1qix on 75 tonight. Video  (Read 3725 times)
ke7trp
Contributing

« on: April 21, 2010, 02:19:08 AM »

Here are two crappy videos I took with my Flip camera of Robert and Steve talking on 75.  Both where comming in Strong in AZ tonight.  We had a short round table going. I need to get better audio into the Flip somehow.  You get the idea though. It was a nice suprise to hear these two guys this strong in here.  75 has been noisey and useless for days.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wKFdEM_jzao

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iTRL6CL0cRE

c

Superhet66
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2010, 07:27:55 AM »

Nice setup. Maybe the mic portion of the flipfone held to a headset ear piece will give better audio and allow mobility. What kind of jump is AZ to your QTH?

Sophie cat might also be called "Heatsink"  Wink
N3DRB The Derb
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2010, 10:54:37 AM »

Sophie's  both a radiator and a heatsink.
ke7trp
Contributing

« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2010, 11:29:35 AM »

The Flip picks up Great audio for humans or other situations but really falls short when trying to record Radio.. I will play around with it.

Sophia loves that R390.  You can see the rags and towels on radio gear. This is a big Jungle Gym for her. 

C
K1JJ
Contributing

"Let's go kayaking, Tommy!" - Yaz

« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2010, 11:53:31 AM »

Heheheh....  I've seen that knid of cat look before with the tail swinging. She's saying, "I dare you to try to lift me off this nice, comfortable spot."

Yep, video is a great way to showcase your station.  Much better than audio only.

T

Use an "AM Courtesy Filter" to limit transmit audio bandwidth  +-4.5 KHz, +-6.0 KHz or +-8.0 KHz when needed.  Easily done in DSP.

Wise Words : "I'm as old as I've ever been... and I'm as young as I'll ever be."

There's nothing like an old dog.
N3DRB The Derb
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2010, 01:55:35 PM »

yep video and you tube rule. I'm working on the shack again, might be back on by tonight if I catch a break or two. lot of stuff to put back together. I'll shoot some raw footage and put it up if I get close to being done.
ke7trp
Contributing

« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2010, 01:58:02 PM »

These little cameras are really neat.  I am going to take it with me on my Trip to Long island and then to my dads ranch in texas. Hopefully I can get some good short clips of me catching some big catfish Smiley

WA3VJB
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2010, 02:09:23 PM »

Adding some direct-connection audio would make a big difference.

Looking at the various models of Flip phones, none of them appears to have a connection for external audio input.

What you might do is make a separate recording off the diode of the R390, and use that as a "music" track in the editing function of the Flip fone.

But so that you don't get any acoustic speaker, you'd have to consider using headphones off the audio recorder and make the room very quiet.

So, when you "add" the music like they describe being able to do, it becomes your primary audio track.

WBear2GCR

Brrrr- it's cold in the shack! Fire up the BIG RIG

« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2010, 11:50:39 AM »

what did you do for paint on the T-368?
were any panels aluminum?
how about the lettering?
any engraved?

_-_-bear

_-_- bear WB2GCR                   http://www.bearlabs.com
ke7trp
Contributing

« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2010, 09:20:26 PM »

I did not build it. My friend did.  Its a Dark grey color close to the factory color. The lettering is engraved. I posted how to do the lettering on my R390 thread. Just search for it. Its real easy

C
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015