The AM Forum
May 04, 2024, 02:36:40 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Why should I be forced to clean up SOMEONE ELSE'S mess?  (Read 17412 times)
Opcom
Patrick J. / KD5OEI
Contributing

« Reply #25 on: April 03, 2010, 12:23:56 AM »

figure out who is the rival gang and then use a spray can to cross out the original tags and spray the rival gang's on there along with some expletives. The gangs will then fight over it and will get what they need most, problem solved.

Radio Candelstein - Flagship Station of the NRK Radio Network.
k4kyv
Contributing Member
Don

« Reply #26 on: April 03, 2010, 03:44:00 AM »

I remember the NYC subway cars, sometime in the 70's I think, seemed all covered 100% with graffiti artwork.  I wondered if it was the accumulation of random spraying by kids, or if the transit authority hired someone to paint the cars so as not to provide a blank canvas for what might be more objectionable.

Don, K4KYV                                       AMI#5
Licensed since 1959 and not happy to be back on AM...    Never got off AM in the first place.

- - -
This message was typed using the DVORAK keyboard layout.
http://www.mwbrooks.com/dvorak
Superhet66
« Reply #27 on: April 03, 2010, 08:59:51 AM »

Well,
After reading all the ideas here I think the fast growing shrub one is the best yet.
( skunks with laser rifles would be cool but the lawyers fees would be out of site. )
Ed/KB1HYS
Contributing

« Reply #28 on: April 03, 2010, 01:05:26 PM »

Holly, Barberry, Icacia, Roses, briars, Hawthorne, Fire thorn - all good choices, look nice and some are even evergreen (go for the hide the wall idea + restricted access)

73 de Ed/KB1HYS
Happiness is Hot Tubes, Cold 807's, and warm room filling AM Sound.
 "I've spent three quarters of my life trying to figure out how to do a $50 job for $.50, the rest I spent trying to come up with the $0.50" - D. Gingery
ka3zlr
« Reply #29 on: April 03, 2010, 02:53:24 PM »

Welp,.. none of these idea's are gona work, for any real time.

I don't know why we're worry'n this stations problems.

Have they contacted us for help..?

It's time to mow grass and Consume Fizzy Lifting Drinks,

On the Promenade Deck in the shade... Grin

Yea Baby....

Jack.

K6JEK
Contributing

RF in the shack

« Reply #30 on: April 03, 2010, 10:35:15 PM »

Holly, Barberry, Icacia, Roses, briars, Hawthorne, Fire thorn - all good choices, look nice and some are even evergreen (go for the hide the wall idea + restricted access)
Poison oak
k4kyv
Contributing Member
Don

« Reply #31 on: April 04, 2010, 12:06:16 AM »

Just because of the fact that it could happen to any one of us next.  A property owner is no longer given the option of leaving the graffiti in place, even though he might even like the art work. These "ordinances" and their ilk are spreading all over the country like wildfire. Everything must be properly "sanitized" and bland, or else, ultimately enforced from the end of the barrel of a gun.

To actually penalise the victim adds insult to injury. Speculation about what the property owner might have done or could do to discourage the vandalism is beside the point.

Licensed since 1959 and not happy to be back on AM...    Never got off AM in the first place.

- - -
ka3zlr
« Reply #32 on: April 04, 2010, 01:49:11 PM »

Just because of the fact that it could happen to any one of us next.  A property owner is no longer given the option of leaving the graffiti in place, even though he might even like the art work. These "ordinances" and their ilk are spreading all over the country like wildfire. Everything must be properly "sanitized" and bland, or else, ultimately enforced from the end of the barrel of a gun.

To actually penalise the victim adds insult to injury. Speculation about what the property owner might have done or could do to discourage the vandalism is beside the point.

Don,

First of all I would not like to discuss that which you hold so High there's no point
and I Know you may have some Interests there that's not a problem with me either
that's your buisness.

But we can run around the Barn all day with this I don't Care I don't mind if you don't
but that's all we're doing minding someone Else's business and playing mind games.

If ya wana Fight City Hall go get'em Amigo Send them some Traffic and let them know
your feelings...I think most Cities have a web site now so that's what I would do with
this business here.

Like we did in the sixties "Exposure" float a Petition on line Brother and send it to them
Hell send it to their paper.

No Disrespect OM.

Jack.

Steve - WB3HUZ
« Reply #33 on: April 04, 2010, 09:23:07 PM »

Big government in action. Get used to it.

Just because of the fact that it could happen to any one of us next.  A property owner is no longer given the option of leaving the graffiti in place, even though he might even like the art work. These "ordinances" and their ilk are spreading all over the country like wildfire. Everything must be properly "sanitized" and bland, or else, ultimately enforced from the end of the barrel of a gun.

ka3zlr
« Reply #34 on: April 05, 2010, 09:38:39 AM »

Then again,

What would it be to contact a couple of Boy and Girl Scout cadres
for field day work and make a nice donation which is deductible
and get the jobber done. Would make great fodder for the paper.

Jack

k4kyv
Contributing Member
Don

« Reply #35 on: April 05, 2010, 03:58:24 PM »

Big government in action. Get used to it.

Not necessarily big government.  Arrogant government.

A small town that is hard to find once you  get off the interstate ramp is not exactly what I would call big government.  We are not talking about staties or feds. Some of the most arrogant public "servants" are petty tyrants that occupy small town city halls or county commission chambers.  Sort of like the Hitlerettes with nothing better to do than spend their time poking their noses in other peoples business, administering HOAs.

- - -
Steve - WB3HUZ
« Reply #36 on: April 05, 2010, 04:55:05 PM »

It's at all levels and it's big government. Little government does not have the time to be arrogant or bother with such BS as grafitti laws. With lots of money and time big government has to have something to do.  Sad
ka3zlr
« Reply #37 on: April 05, 2010, 05:19:16 PM »

Well, there maybe a possibility he has a problem with them or they have a grudge on him

Where exactly is this place Don.

Jack.

ka3zlr
« Reply #38 on: April 05, 2010, 08:34:22 PM »

Like we did in the sixties "Exposure" float a Petition on line Brother and send it to them

Hell send it to their paper.

Like that is going to help Roll Eyes  No disrespect intended.

I never was nor have I ever been considered a redneck type, just the opposite, but tell that to the former "sixties" individuals who are now running much of the country especially here in CA. I once agreed with them, but not today.

They are the ones who are responsible for most of the ridiculous infringements on our civil liberties and rights and it’s getting worse.

Again, no disrespect intended…

That's cool because here you'll find just quite the opposite and the sixties era would have been I believe Bill (Kennedy)Clintons run.....

Each of us have the power to control our own Destiny to a certain degree, you place the blame at our feet for not listening
to Eisenhower, each an every American has the power to read, get involved and learn your amongst wonderful people here.

They'll tell ya the truth... and Exposure does work and work well if your good.

Thanks.

Jack.

KB2WIG
Contributing

« Reply #39 on: April 05, 2010, 11:24:44 PM »

Graffiti?? what graffiti?

NO, its political speech...  see you in court.

klc

What? Me worry?
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015