The AM Forum
May 05, 2024, 06:03:17 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New Orleans Saints  (Read 15473 times)
WA1GFZ

« Reply #25 on: February 08, 2010, 11:27:22 AM »

The Who did a better job than the burned out Stones
Steve Windwood was also good.
N3DRB The Derb
« Reply #26 on: February 08, 2010, 01:27:40 PM »

Daltrey's voice was in pretty damn good fashion. altho the Who is not the Who without Thunderfingers. just does not sound the same or as good.
Steve - WB3HUZ
« Reply #27 on: February 08, 2010, 01:37:04 PM »

Daltrey sounded good. Townsend sounded horrid. Their harmonizing was out of sync.

The SB should stop with the geezer acts. They are lame and embarrasing.

Daltrey's voice was in pretty damn good fashion. altho the Who is not the Who without Thunderfingers. just does not sound the same or as good.
K1JJ
Contributing

"Let's go kayaking, Tommy!" - Yaz

« Reply #28 on: February 08, 2010, 01:54:14 PM »

Townsend sounded horrid. Their harmonizing was out of sync.

Ya know, I've been worried sick about what the Taliban and other Al-football fans must think of us now.

Use an "AM Courtesy Filter" to limit transmit audio bandwidth  +-4.5 KHz, +-6.0 KHz or +-8.0 KHz when needed.  Easily done in DSP.

Wise Words : "I'm as old as I've ever been... and I'm as young as I'll ever be."

There's nothing like an old dog.
Bill, KD0HG

304-TH - Workin' it

« Reply #29 on: February 08, 2010, 02:48:36 PM »

Daltrey sounded good. Townsend sounded horrid. Their harmonizing was out of sync.

I couldn't agree more. AND they need to select American bands for this sort of event. Tom Petty a few years ago was a good choice. I dunno about Janet Jackson, though. LOL

Dave Matthews Band would be a good one for a younger demo. How about the Eagles? Lots of top-40 hits there.

WRT to Geezer acts, I bet the main demographic for the SB TV broadcasts is more ages 25-54+ than 18-34.
Steve - WB3HUZ
« Reply #30 on: February 08, 2010, 03:16:15 PM »

Yes, but Daltrey is like 80. And Petty looks like he's 90. Who wants to see grampa try to act like a teenager when they are eating their half time snack!?!
WA1GFZ

« Reply #31 on: February 08, 2010, 03:55:09 PM »

I listen to my kids music and some of it is pretty good.
Maybe time to retire the geezer acts but the the Who sounded a lot better than the Stones.
I just don't want to watch some monkey act.
W3SLK

Just another member member.

« Reply #32 on: February 08, 2010, 07:06:21 PM »

Huzman said:

I'm right with you on that one. I like Don, missed it. I turned on and watched the first quarter and shut it off because I was so sick of the commercials, (very few good ones this year) and CBS's lame graphics.

Bill said:
Dave Matthews Band would be a good one for a younger demo.

You contradicted yourself there. DMB is from South Africa if memory serves me. I never found anything other than the tuning knob when one of their songs came on. But you are 100% correct with the Eagles. Hell, Joe Walsh would be a good show by himself. His solo days and with the James Gang would be cool. I didn't know Steve Windwood was co-hosting the SB show. I would have went out of my way to watch him, (even though he isn't American ;>)

Mike(y)/W3SLK
Invisible airwaves crackle with life, bright antenna bristle with the energy. Emotional feedback, on timeless wavelength, bearing a gift beyond lights, almost free.... Spirit of Radio/Rush
KX5JT
Contributing

John-O-Phonic

« Reply #33 on: February 08, 2010, 08:03:49 PM »

The WHO ..... dat!?

AMI#1684
Bill, KD0HG

304-TH - Workin' it

« Reply #34 on: February 08, 2010, 09:31:56 PM »

commercials, (very few good ones this year) and CBS's lame graphics.

Bill said:
Dave Matthews Band would be a good one for a younger demo.

You contradicted yourself there. DMB is from South Africa if memory serves me. I never found anything other than the tuning knob when one of their songs came on. But you are 100% correct with the Eagles. Hell, Joe Walsh would be a good show by himself. His solo days and with the James Gang would be cool. I didn't know Steve Windwood was co-hosting the SB show. I would have went out of my way to watch him, (even though he isn't American ;>)

No, Dave Matthews and his band are from Charlottesville, Virgina.
One of the nicest places in the USA to hang your hat.
very popular with the 18-34 year old crowd. Great fun super-bowlie songs like "Ants Marching".

A good jam band.

Maybe Bob Weir, Phil Lesh, Joe Walsh and Bruce Hornsby doing Ripple? Jerry Garcia being QRT?

It doesn't get any more American than that!

I've seen them and recorded them, they still kick butt. Too mellow for a football contest?

Although, anyone that could cover Free Bird would be OK, too. LOL a 10-minute song, perfect for the Super Bowl. Unless Atlanta was in the SuperBowl, then "The Devil Came Down to Georgia" would be OK.

Again, I feel that American bands are most appropriate for the Super Bowl. Heck with the soccer-Brits.

Remember- Baseball is a game, Football is a spectacle.

C'mon HUZ, who would you suggest for next year?
Steve - WB3HUZ
« Reply #35 on: February 08, 2010, 10:21:36 PM »

It's the Super Bowl. It doesn't need any special act at half time. Bring on the marching bands.
KX5JT
Contributing

John-O-Phonic

« Reply #36 on: February 09, 2010, 06:15:07 AM »

It's the Super Bowl. It doesn't need any special act at half time. Bring on the marching bands.

There is a HUGE demographic of TV veiwers that only care and watch the commercials and the half-time show.   It's big business.

AMI#1684
W3SLK

Just another member member.

« Reply #37 on: February 14, 2010, 02:15:56 PM »

I guess what is interesting is that Richard Starkey, (son of Ringo Starr) was playing the drums for the Who's performance.

Mike(y)/W3SLK
Invisible airwaves crackle with life, bright antenna bristle with the energy. Emotional feedback, on timeless wavelength, bearing a gift beyond lights, almost free.... Spirit of Radio/Rush
k3zrf

« Reply #38 on: February 14, 2010, 02:34:30 PM »

Bring out the dancing girls  Grin

dave/zrf
A closed mouth gathers no foot
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015