The AM Forum
May 06, 2024, 12:20:40 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New Orleans Saints  (Read 15474 times)
KX5JT
Contributing

John-O-Phonic

« on: January 24, 2010, 08:55:49 PM »

Please Lord, I just wanna see them change everyone's mind just once.

AMI#1684
WA1GFZ

« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2010, 08:58:42 PM »

Too bad they have to play dirty ball and trash the QB. They have more class than that.
KX5JT
Contributing

John-O-Phonic

« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2010, 09:19:39 PM »

Now now now... it's football... it's a contact sport... every defense in the NFL tries to put pressure on the QB.  tsk tsk

AMI#1684
WA1GFZ

« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2010, 09:32:27 PM »

I really like both teams but I don't like late dirty hits.
KX5JT
Contributing

John-O-Phonic

« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2010, 10:27:13 PM »

Thank you Lord.

The Saints REALLY deserve it.  42 years and never been to the Superbowl.  This is really great for the spirit of New Orleans too after being so broken by the hurricane.

AMI#1684
WQ9E

« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2010, 10:35:55 PM »

What a game!

Glad to see the Saints finally make it to the big one.  I

It has been an interesting season and although I am happy the Saints won this is the first season I also enjoyed seeing the Vikings play well.  I grew up on the Mississippi coast 70 miles from N.O. but even closer to the home of Brett Farve.  Two of my degrees are from the University of Southern Miss where Brett played college ball although I was there a few years ahead of him.  It is also a pleasure to watch someone who really loves to play the game.

The only downside of the game was it interrupted the work I was doing on my Signal One CX-7A but during the 4'th quarter I finally figured out the way my power supply board had been modified.

Geaux Saints!

Rodger WQ9E
W3SLK

Just another member member.

« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2010, 09:10:39 AM »

To me the game sucked! Simply because our Fox affiliate went off the air. I thought it was a Dirctv problem but found that something major happened at their transmitter site. I guess I missed a helluva game.  Cry

Mike(y)/W3SLK
Invisible airwaves crackle with life, bright antenna bristle with the energy. Emotional feedback, on timeless wavelength, bearing a gift beyond lights, almost free.... Spirit of Radio/Rush
W9GT

Nipper - Manager of K9 Affairs

« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2010, 09:12:15 AM »

Sorry...even though I'm a Purdue alum and I think Drew Brees is great, I live in Indiana .  GO COLTS!
73,  Jack, W9GT

Tubes and Black Wrinkle Rule!!
73, Jack, W9GT
KX5JT
Contributing

John-O-Phonic

« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2010, 09:42:33 AM »

Sorry...even though I'm a Purdue alum and I think Drew Brees is great, I live in Indiana .  GO COLTS!
73,  Jack, W9GT

Sorry to hear about the technical difficulties Mike.  During the first few minutes our signal from Cox cable was screwed up.... it was across all the channels... very frustrating, but thankfully here it only lasted about 2 minutes.  I wonder if it was those damn ham radio operators?!

It's okay Jack.  I won't hold that against you.  We gotta have some opposing fans to make it fun!  I just hope the Bowl will be as exciting as these playoffs have been!

AMI#1684
WA1GFZ

« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2010, 09:43:16 AM »

It was a great game.
Super bowl should motivate the Giants QB
W3RSW
Contributing

Rick & "Roosevelt"

« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2010, 09:46:48 AM »

The fix was in.
Ref called a pass interference that was clearly bogus which allowed the winning field goal in OT.

I'll bet Farve is really sore this morning too.  Yeah, his front line probably feels pretty bad too.

RICK  *W3RSW*
Bill, KD0HG

304-TH - Workin' it

« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2010, 10:02:52 AM »

Notice the TV shots of Favre's anguished wife?

I remember an interview with John Elway once, he was talking about once playing a game (I think it was vs. Pittsburgh) and watching the nose tackle slobbering like an animal preparing to kill him right before the snap.."Why am I doing this"?
WD8BIL
Contributing

« Reply #12 on: January 25, 2010, 11:53:41 AM »

Good game. Classic example of "turnovers will kill ya"!

If this ........ if that...........

On any given day!!!

Fred k2dx

« Reply #13 on: January 25, 2010, 11:55:11 AM »

Nawlins will always be the Aints. The dirty late hits should have been called.

I bet Favre is beating himself up today for the game even going to OT.
WA1GFZ

« Reply #14 on: January 25, 2010, 11:58:31 AM »

all is fair when he has the ball but once he gets rid of it you are looking at a dirty hit and he took a bunch of them early in the game.
k4kyv
Contributing Member
Don

« Reply #15 on: January 25, 2010, 06:50:48 PM »

SuperBowl = SuperHype

Don, K4KYV                                       AMI#5
Licensed since 1959 and not happy to be back on AM...    Never got off AM in the first place.

- - -
This message was typed using the DVORAK keyboard layout.
http://www.mwbrooks.com/dvorak
KX5JT
Contributing

John-O-Phonic

« Reply #16 on: January 25, 2010, 07:02:38 PM »

SuperBowl = SuperHype

Absolutely.  The hype contributes to the excitement.  It's fun.  One doesn't HAVE to subscribe to the ridiculous commercial marketing aspects of the whole thing to enjoy the excitement of the game.   After the Saints won the NFC title last night, the local Academy Sports stores parking lots were jammed packed full of people wanting the t-shirts and jerseys that declared the Saints the NFC Champions.  I'm sure those shirts were well over 50 dollars each.  Well that's fine and dandy and totally in the spirit of capitalism and free enterprise.  For me, I just like the game and the hope that our home team has actually worked very hard this year, has some great players finally and are being rewarded with a chance to finally play a super bowl. 

Sorry Fred, they are no longer the Aint's as of this season.  Aint's never made it to a Super Bowl.  It'll be a very tough game against Indy for sure. 

No matter how many detractors blame the refs and the calls or call them the Aint's, you can't upset me because I watched them put out some stellar effort this year. 

Seventy Three
John KX5JT

AMI#1684
WA1GFZ

« Reply #17 on: January 25, 2010, 08:39:22 PM »

I'm NFL but Johnny U had my respect at a young age.
Steve - WB3HUZ
« Reply #18 on: January 25, 2010, 10:05:35 PM »

It was a close game, but I wouldn't call it a good game. NO's defense sucked and MN's offense turned the ball over FIVE times. I'd like to have seen Favre get one more shot, but I'm glad NO finally gets a shot.

Good game. Classic example of "turnovers will kill ya"!

If this ........ if that...........

On any given day!!!

W3SLK

Just another member member.

« Reply #19 on: January 25, 2010, 10:37:02 PM »

As much of the Steelers fan that I am, I just don't have the fanaticism that I once held for professional football. Everything is run by the almighty TV and commercials. TV time-outs and a commercial squeezed in every exchange of possesion, leaves me feeling that the game isn't truly controlled by the players. Esentially, it is the reason why soccer hasn't gained acceptance here because there are no time outs and the periods last 60 min.

On a side note, there was a survey done that claims the actual amount of time spent playing (from hiking the ball until ref. stops play because of a tackle), comes out to a grand total of 10 minutes and 53 seconds. Its good money if you can get it.

Mike(y)/W3SLK
Invisible airwaves crackle with life, bright antenna bristle with the energy. Emotional feedback, on timeless wavelength, bearing a gift beyond lights, almost free.... Spirit of Radio/Rush
WA1GFZ

« Reply #20 on: January 27, 2010, 08:04:57 PM »

maybe so but you can really get your ass kicked in 10 minutes
KX5JT
Contributing

John-O-Phonic

« Reply #21 on: February 07, 2010, 10:06:05 PM »

WHO DAT!!!

AMI#1684
W1DAN
Contributing

« Reply #22 on: February 08, 2010, 12:18:30 AM »

WE DAT!!!!

I am now a proud to be from New Orleans!

If my dad were alive he would be extremely happy as many in New Orleans are now.

And I went to grade and high school with the new mayor. Lets hope he does good for the city.

Dan
W1DAN
KX5JT
Contributing

John-O-Phonic

« Reply #23 on: February 08, 2010, 12:50:18 AM »

Awesome Dan... I grew up in Lafayette and have been watching them all my life.  I was born in '66 and their first season was in '67.  We've been waiting a LONG time for this!

P.S.  One heavily used paper bag with two eye holes cut out for sale.  (Maybe I should post to the Indianapolis Craigslist?)

AMI#1684
k4kyv
Contributing Member
Don

« Reply #24 on: February 08, 2010, 10:58:27 AM »

I didn't watch any of the game and lost track of the time, causing me to miss the half time show.  Played radio for a while, did some work on a project, spent a few minutes on the computer and did a little reading, and the evening was gone before I knew it.  Wife told me who won the game when I returned from the shack. She's the football fan in this house.

I was hoping N.O. would win.  That town needs all the lift it can get.

Don, K4KYV                                       AMI#5
Licensed since 1959 and not happy to be back on AM...    Never got off AM in the first place.

- - -
This message was typed using the DVORAK keyboard layout.
http://www.mwbrooks.com/dvorak
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015