The AM Forum
May 04, 2024, 04:15:11 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Old Pictures of Ed Bolton, WA3PUN and the Wayne King Orchestra  (Read 21065 times)
WA3VJB
« Reply #25 on: January 25, 2010, 07:33:11 PM »

So I talked with Ed for a few minutes this afternoon on the telephone --

Ed is doing fine !

I explained why I was calling and he seemed pleased that people had been talking about him (nicely, I pointed out, which got a laugh out of him)

He goes to the local supermarket every morning and they let him walk up and down the aisles for exercise -- doctor's orders.

He has long recovered from bypass surgery in 2001, and lost a lot of weight to get himself in better shape since then.

Almost immediately he began to tell me about the treasure he found in the old Amos 'n' Andy scripts, and how he's learning the dialoge as a whole new round of schtick. He also said he's still on WBCQ, and I checked to see, indeed, he's on the schedule:

http://schedule.wbcq.com/main.php?fn=show_program&id=6

We didn't get a chance to talk much about him getting on the air with us on 80m, since I was still at work and he had some dinner plans tonight that kept me from making a callback.

What he did say was that his "two women" were taking him out to dinner ...

NO, I didn't have time to ask ...

But look he said he's going to bed late and getting up later, and it sounded to me like he really appreciated the phone call.

Those interested should just dial him up in the afternoons and have a chat. That number in the newspaper is still good.  

It was good to hear his voice.

He turns 79 in May ...
W3GMS
Contributing

« Reply #26 on: January 26, 2010, 08:00:46 AM »

Paul,
Thanks for the update.  It sounds like "Uncle Ed" as we use to call him is doing quite well.
Joe, W3GMS 

Simplicity is the Elegance of Design---W3GMS
k4kyv
Contributing Member
Don

« Reply #27 on: January 26, 2010, 10:08:26 AM »

What he did say was that his "two women" were taking him out to dinner ...

NO, I didn't have time to ask ...

Must be Patty and the little girl (Patty's grand daughter or niece) whom they rescued from a nasty custody battle when she was 5 or 6.  A few years ago Ed said she was living with them and they were home-schooling her.  She is probably high school age now, or close to it.

Don, K4KYV                                       AMI#5
Licensed since 1959 and not happy to be back on AM...    Never got off AM in the first place.

- - -
This message was typed using the DVORAK keyboard layout.
http://www.mwbrooks.com/dvorak
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015