The AM Forum
April 26, 2024, 04:36:35 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 ... 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Heavy Metal Bedlam  (Read 43436 times)
W9GT

Nipper - Manager of K9 Affairs

« on: December 28, 2009, 08:43:18 AM »

Well....I guess I was a little like Scrooge this year for Heavy Metal Rally.  Seemed to me that the timing was a little unfortunate, since I had to get up early to go to work Monday and having the event on Sunday night kinda restricted my operating.  I didn't even bother to apply for the W9T special call as I have in previous years.  Made several contacts early in the evening on 75, but it seemed that everyone was collecting on two or three frequencies, in and around the "window".  It resulted in semi out -of -control chaos.  I reminded me of the famous (in-famous) Collins AM net nights, with many stations trying to check-in and only a few making it.  Sure would have helped if people would have spread out a bit.  I tried, in vain, to call CQ lower in the band...couldn't stir up anything.  I did hear W2XR being chastised by a very riled and idiotic-sounding slopbucketeer who seemed very offended that "his frequency" was being QRMed by that "very wide" AM stuff.  What a load!  Those guys could have used their VFOs, since there was plenty of room for everyone. They just wanted a confrontation.  

Anyway....just my thoughts...seemed like this event was more fun when it was just on 160M and we could hear AMers virtually from one end of the band to another.  Sure would like to see a little more thought go into the planning and rules for this event.  Regardless of my negative impressions, I'm sure a lot of folks had a great time.  There were certainly some good sounding loud signals on the band(s).  Bah...Humbug

73,  Jack, W9GT

Tubes and Black Wrinkle Rule!!
73, Jack, W9GT
W1RKW
Contributing

« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2009, 10:26:25 AM »

I thought it was a good time considering it was my first HMR event.  Signals from all over.  I played for about 3 hours.  Around 10PM I began to experience listening fatigue.  I need a better receiver.  Considered pulling the plug about 1030 when receiving was nearly impossible from someone up on 3890 wiping out (plus and minus) 30KCs with an over modulated plastic rig. Stuck it out for another 30min trying to hookup with K1JJ until he had a crapout.  Called it quits at 1100.  Eyelids got heavy.

My short log book:
NE1S, Larry
K3JRR, Larry
W1VD, Jay
WA2DTW, Steve
KC2FXE, John
K9A / K9ACT, Jack
KC8ZUL, Jerry

Bob
W1RKW
Home of GORT.
steve_qix
Contributing

Bap!

« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2009, 10:48:11 AM »

I was on for a while during the 'Rally.  I looked back at my log from last year - I worked 77 descrete stations from a whole lot of states, etc. resulting in some number of "points".... This year, I worked 21 stations.  The important number is how many stations, not the "points".

The congestion in one part of the band, was, in my opinion, exacerbated by the late starting time.  Looking back at last year's log, I was on from 8:00AM to about midnight, and since I was on for so long, was able to establish a frequency OUTSIDE of, but near to, the "window".  During this year's event, the slop-buckets had already set up shop by the starting time, so establishing a new frequency was much more difficult.

If the event takes place over a long period of time (like all day - at least 18 hours worth), there will be much more time for "ragchew" types of contacts; there will be more opportunity to work more stations; it will be much easier to establish frequencies; and operation on other bands, particularly 40 meters will be facilitated (due to the daytime hours).

Just my opinion.....  Cool

Regards,

Steve

High Power, Broadcast Audio and Low Cost?  Check out the class E web site at: http://www.classeradio.org
K1JJ
Contributing

"Let's go kayaking, Tommy!" - Yaz

« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2009, 11:41:06 AM »

Yep, it was an interesting evening!

I enjoyed hopping to different frequencies and jumped between 160 and 75M.  160M was actually VERY quiet for HM compared to 75M.

One thing that really stands out is how difficult it is to pick out a single station from a big pileup of AM stations. On ssb it's quite easy to do - but on AM it can be difficult with the heterodynes and  QRM from adjacent QSOs.  So the only solution is to spread out - no other way on AM.

It was impressive the way some held court (in the popular congested AM area) all evening without problems all the way down to 3875 as well as up to 3790. On the times I listened in, I didn't hear any SSB problems or complaints. The AM area was occupied every 5kc most of the night.

N7UA from Washington state really stood out with his 6el wire beam at 150'. He was consistently working stations one after another. Bob has very good ears with his R-390 and a big signal with 304TL's.  I heard him work Larry, WA1LGQ from CT with ease. I could tell Larry was impressed using his 100w  Viking II.

I liked Steve/QIX's technique where he came in on a clear freq (3885), called CQ and had a huge pileup. Then he picked out stations one by one and eventually got them to work one another. He basically organized the freq and then bowed out as it ran itself for a while. 

The W7’s came in FB, but didn’t hear any W6’s for some reason. Not sure if it was propagation or participation.

Bill/KD0HG had his usual big sig from Colo on 75M. We moved up to 160M at about 10PM for a sked contact. I could hear him FB on 1893 calling me, but he couldn’t hear me. I have up an inv V  dipole at 190’ with the 4X1 rig,  so not sure why not.

It was rather cool – like a big block party with people coming and going all night. They really should have “Mini- HM’s” throughout the year on a Saturday night to fill in. Maybe we should start our own, called, 'The AM Jamboree Sprint” or something like that.

Later on I called CQ on 3885 and started working a nice pileup. After a few stations I  could smell a combination of Plexiglas and resistors burning. It haunted me earlier that night. I urged it on to blow up since I couldn’t find it. Well, it did in spades!  When I unkeyed I saw a huge flash in the RF deck and heard some “moving around” of  what sounded like barrels falling in the HV supply. Then flashes came out of the HV supply.  I shut down to inspect the damage.  One of my HV transformers had lifted up and moved itself about four inches into the filter choke and sustained a dent to the outside casing. This can happen when huge currents flow in the core and get magnetically pulled to another core. The HV fuse safety wires where blown. But the culprit was something I had overlooked – my HV keying relay that routes 3KV to the various rigs had cracked glass and was hot as a pistol!  Evidently the constant keying and arcing had beat up the contacts and the thing was arcing inside terribly.  It stayed hot for at least an hour afterwards…  I bypassed it and everything ran FB for the rest of the night.  (4X1 plate modulated by a pair)

All in all, with some rule and time changes – and spreading out a little more, HM will be a great event next year.

Tom, K1JJ

Use an "AM Courtesy Filter" to limit transmit audio bandwidth  +-4.5 KHz, +-6.0 KHz or +-8.0 KHz when needed.  Easily done in DSP.

Wise Words : "I'm as old as I've ever been... and I'm as young as I'll ever be."

There's nothing like an old dog.
W2XR
Contributing

« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2009, 12:04:00 PM »

I did hear W2XR being chastised by a very riled and idiotic-sounding slopbucketeer who seemed very offended that "his frequency" was being QRMed by that "very wide" AM stuff.  What a load!  Those guys could have used their VFOs, since there was plenty of room for everyone. They just wanted a confrontation.  

Sure would like to see a little more thought go into the planning and rules for this event.  Regardless of my negative impressions, I'm sure a lot of folks had a great time.  There were certainly some good sounding loud signals on the band(s).  Bah...Humbug

73,  Jack, W9GT

Hi Jack,

Yes, I remember those clowns on 3715 Khz. I called QRZ several times and got no reply, so assuming the frequency was clear, I called CQ. Rob, W1AEX and I then began our QSO on that frequency, and shortly thereafter one of the SSB stations complained. Rob and I were very respectful of their use of the frequency, and we QSY'd up to 3720 Khz. As far as I know, there were no more issues at that point, and we held on to 3720 from 6:41 PM EST until I signed off at around 1:30 AM.

I had a blast. The band was generally quite quiet with minimal QRM and the QSB calmed down as the evening progressed. I think the propagation on 80 meters was a good compromise for both short and long-haul work, as W1AEX is about 65 miles north of me, and he was literally Q5 for the entire duration, with his signal sometimes pinning the carrier level meter on my R-390A. And I usually kept the R-390A passband at either 8 or 16 Khz for the whole evening, only rarely narrowing it down to 4 Khz due to occasional QRM.

I worked 18 stations. They were located in Kansas, New Brunswick and Ontario, Canada; Connecticut, New York, Indiana, Maryland, Delaware, Minnesota, Pennsylvania, Ohio, and New Hampshire. Each of the contacts was a true contact; none of us were in this to gain points for the rally. I also got a few SWL reports via e-mail, but they don't count!

I only wish the event was scheduled for a Saturday as well.

Bruce

Real transmitters are homebrewed with a ratchet wrench, and you have to stand up to tune them!

Arthur C. Clarke's Third Law: "Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic".
KL7OF

« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2009, 12:31:39 PM »

I had fun...worked a couple stations on 20M and 30 or so stations on 75 and 160...Heard all parts of the country over the course of the evening.  Many interesting, seldom heard, transmitters were in attendance... I predict N7UA as the points champion...Some improvement can be made as far as day of the week and length of operating time but an enjoyable event in any case....73   Steve
WU2D
Contributing

CW is just a narrower version of AM

« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2009, 12:58:18 PM »

Lots of Fun and the Bands were just OK - not great because of a lot of noise from storms buts signals from all over were heard.

I worked a few on 160M
WA1HLR Who?
WA1LGQ Larry
k4KYV - who did not hear a trace of me although he was in the round table.
NF1A - Wow Art P - I worked with Art at Motorola in Ft Lauderdale in the early 1980's. We were in the same special products group.
K1BF Bill in Maine
KA1OXQ Ken
N9PVF Dave in Ithaca NY
KC2FXE John
W3FCC Fran
K3JRR

And later on 3725 

W2XR Bruce held the frequency and his bladder for 6 Hours with a large signal - he may develop nodes from the amount of buzzarding-Hi.
N8BX the bandmaster Fred from Ohio
K3SUP Frank
W5FFK Don
W3GL Ralph
k7YOO Skip BIG SIG

These are the good old days of AM
Bill, KD0HG

304-TH - Workin' it

« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2009, 01:02:29 PM »

Yep, it was an interesting evening!

The W7’s came in FB, but didn’t hear any W6’s for some reason. Not sure if it was propagation or participation.

Bill/KD0HG had his usual big sig from Colo on 75M. We moved up to 160M at about 10PM for a sked contact. I could hear him FB on 1893 calling me, but he couldn’t hear me. I have up an inv V  dipole at 190’ with the 4X1 rig,  so not sure why not.

Rico:

When I called you the freq was clear, but then you were immediately getting taken out by a couple of other stations on SSB that you prolly weren't hearing.

Thanks for report, get that rig fixed, I haven't worked the east coast on AM yet this winter, need to try again.

I wasn't hearing any W6s either. Worked AZ and WA on 160 but not CA.

Wow, N7UA...Smoke em if you got 'em!
k4kyv
Contributing Member
Don

« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2009, 02:13:09 PM »

I stayed on 160 last night.  Made a couple of short contacts, including Timtron, but the group on 1880 was very large, and except for Tim, the stations on 1885 were barely audible.  I didn't feel up to retuning to the top of the band, so I mostly listened.

The PITA slopbuckets seem to have moved up from 1888 to 1890, but the really obnoxious one still has a very broad SSB signal that causes a lot more interference on 85 than do the AM guys on 80.

Rob, K5UJ was coming in particularly well in the group on 1880.

Something I heard on 1880 disturbed me a little.  One of the guys in QSO on the frequency apparently got skipped in the rotation, as often happens in old buzzard style roundtables, so when he finally got to transmit he spent about 5 minutes elaborating on what a jerk the other operator was who didn't turn it over to him when he was supposed to.  This sort of thing is one of the reasons I rarely join a QSO when there are already 4 or more stations in the group, and usually sign out of a QSO when the count gets to 5 stations or more.

I listened some on 75, but didn't hear a lot of strapping signals.  One thing I did notice though.  The Macaroni and Cheese Net is back, just a hair above 3870.

Don, K4KYV                                       AMI#5
Licensed since 1959 and not happy to be back on AM...    Never got off AM in the first place.

- - -
This message was typed using the DVORAK keyboard layout.
http://www.mwbrooks.com/dvorak
w3jn
Johnny Novice
Administrator

« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2009, 03:00:02 PM »

Rico:

When I called you the freq was clear, but then you were immediately getting taken out by a couple of other stations on SSB that you prolly weren't hearing.

Thanks for report, get that rig fixed, I haven't worked the east coast on AM yet this winter, need to try again.

I wasn't hearing any W6s either. Worked AZ and WA on 160 but not CA.

Wow, N7UA...Smoke em if you got 'em!

I gave you a couple calls on 160 before Tom made it down there, Bill, but you didn't hear me apparently.  Not surprising considering I was using a 75 meter dipole up about 35'  Grin  You were coming in pretty good, though, about half scale on the RF-590 guessmeter.

FCC:  "The record is devoid of a demonstrated nexus between Morse code proficiency and on-the-air conduct."
W1AEX
Un-smug-a-licious
Contributing

Apache Labs SDR

« Reply #10 on: December 28, 2009, 04:34:57 PM »

It was great fun riding the wave behind the big signal of W2XR (Bruce) down on 3720. After reminiscing about the long ride up to Deerfield in Pete WA1SOV's little Honda Accord back in the 70's, we had leisurely contacts with a number of stations along the east coast, and then up into Canada. The band was slowly rolling long and then short again, very interesting. When things quieted down at the lower end, I moved up to 3890 and worked Ralph GL and Scott SEL, and then clumsily landed on QIX Steve's call for CQ on a quick touch and go contact with Larry LGQ and Steve. I ended up on 1885 and caught N4RQ's big signal as he called CQ. We chatted for quite some time and then signed. Larry WA1LGQ showed up with a strapping signal and we ended up talking until well after 1:00 AM. It was a lot of fun hearing from old friends and meeting new ones. My meager log is below:

6:41 PM – W2XR  Bruce – Commack, NY 3720  (Pair of 4-400’s by Pair 833’s)
6:59 PM – WB9DNZ  Greg – Brownsburg, IN  3720 (SDR-1000)
7:15 PM – W1AIU  Joe – Waterbury, CT  3720 (Elecraft K3 into TL-922A amplifier)
8:12 PM – N3TQW  Rudy – Hanover, PA 3720 (Apache TX-1 + Peavey CS-800 Modulator)
8:30 PM – W3JN  John – Mount Airy, MD 3720 (GPT-750 by TMC)
8:45 PM – VE3SKP Steve – Kemptiville, Ontario 3720 (Kenwood TS-2000)
8:55 PM – WD8BIL  Buddly – Sheffield Township, OH 3720 (Johnson Viking)
9:12 PM – AB2KC  George – Shirley, NY 3720 (4-1000 x pair of 304TL’s)
9:26 PM – K3JRR  Larry – White Plains, NY 3720 (Johnson Desk Kilowatt)
9:50 PM – VE2QX Mike – Aumond, QC  3720
10:25 PM – VE1CDT  Harry – Perth Andover, NB 3720 (T-368 military transmitter)
11:13 PM – W3GL  Ralph – New Castle, DE  3890
11:14 PM – KB1SEL Scott – Guilford, CT  3890
11:16 PM – WA1LGQ  Larry – East Hartford, CT 3885 (also worked on 1885)
11:17 PM – WA1QIX  Steve – Townsend, MA  3885
11:32 PM – N4RQ  Terry – Hillsville, VA  1885
11:55 PM – WA1LGQ Larry – East Hartford, CT 1885 (also worked on 3885)

One thing I'm certain of is that there is too much certainty in the world.
K0ARA
Contributing

The Bull

« Reply #11 on: December 28, 2009, 04:59:45 PM »

Hello from KΨA

Being my first rally with Heavy Metal....I took it kind of  seriously as you can see. Scotch and Lucky Strikes were had by all. As I was crystal and link controlled my frequency ability was limited. But had a good time never the less. Hopefully next year we will have the Bull's little sister up and running.

PS:  Best audio.....K1JJ

73s
                                                                 Go "Wouff Hong"
                                                                    Mike  KAΨARA

* DSC03894.JPG (188.27 KB, 600x800 - viewed 659 times.)

Mike KΨARA                99.9% AM
                 AMI  #1692
N3DRB The Derb
« Reply #12 on: December 28, 2009, 05:18:56 PM »

Mike,

you lookin snappy, yo.  Cool

So's that transmitter.

K0ARA
Contributing

The Bull

« Reply #13 on: December 28, 2009, 05:59:25 PM »

Derb... You had the Black Wrinkle going on before I was in AM diaper's.

Your Midwest Special Agent
                                                               Over and Out
                                                                         Cool

Mike KΨARA                99.9% AM
                 AMI  #1692
K1JJ
Contributing

"Let's go kayaking, Tommy!" - Yaz

« Reply #14 on: December 28, 2009, 06:54:01 PM »

Hello from KΨA

PS:  Best audio.....K1JJ

73s
                                                                 Go "Wouff Hong"
                                                                    Mike  KAΨARA

Mike,

Considering this is a newly built rig and still unsure of its performance - and I have just an average voice, that is probably the nicest compliment I have received in years. Thanks very much, OM.

BTW, that's a really cool pic you posted above.  You should use it as your avatar... Grin

T

Use an "AM Courtesy Filter" to limit transmit audio bandwidth  +-4.5 KHz, +-6.0 KHz or +-8.0 KHz when needed.  Easily done in DSP.

Wise Words : "I'm as old as I've ever been... and I'm as young as I'll ever be."

There's nothing like an old dog.
K5UJ
Contributing

« Reply #15 on: December 28, 2009, 08:10:56 PM »

I gave you a couple calls on 160 before Tom made it down there, Bill, but you didn't hear me apparently.  Not surprising considering I was using a 75 meter dipole up about 35'  Grin  You were coming in pretty good, though, about half scale on the RF-590 guessmeter.

JN did you put ur HT20 on the air any last night?

"Not taking crap or giving it is a pretty good lifestyle."--Frank
w3jn
Johnny Novice
Administrator

« Reply #16 on: December 28, 2009, 09:00:41 PM »

Naw, despite its weight it doesn't qualify for Heavy Metal.

I gotta get that thing on the air before I skeddadle back to Athens.  Thanks for reminding me, Rob!

FCC:  "The record is devoid of a demonstrated nexus between Morse code proficiency and on-the-air conduct."
N3DRB The Derb
« Reply #17 on: December 28, 2009, 09:16:56 PM »

Derb... You had the Black Wrinkle going on before I was in AM diaper's.

Your Midwest Special Agent
                                                               Over and Out
                                                                          Cool

Carry on, Special Agent Man. You got it goin on, an that's for sho.  
W9GT

« Reply #18 on: December 29, 2009, 04:26:00 PM »

I'm old....so forgive me if my memory isn't perfect.  I think there used to be an event right after Christmas that was called the AM Jamboree or AM 160 Jamboree that was sponsored by ER Magazine.  The Heavy Metal Rally was an addtional event which was started by Bill, KD0HQ and was, as I recall, originally intended to recognize and encourage the guys running real Heavy Metal in the form of old BC and military rigs that were truly heavy weights.  Over the years, the original event kinda faded out, but it was replaced or superceded by the Heavy Metal Rally that we have today.  Anyway....there  seems to be a need for more events like this to encourage AM activity.  Unfortunately, there has been a lot of confusion over times and rules and it has become a little less than an "organized" operating event.  There also used to be an AMI AM weekend event held sometime in the Fall, but apparently, that kinda faded away as well.

Perhaps, it would be a good idea to send in your thoughts and suggestions to Ray at ER and maybe we can get these events re-organized or even look toward a few more during the year.  They are not, nor were they ever intended to be "contests" in the strictest sense of the word, but more opportunities to showcase AM and encourage everyone to get on the air.  It is certainly evident by the number of stations that show-up on the air that these events are very popular.

73,  Jack, W9GT

73, Jack, W9GT
K9ACT
« Reply #19 on: December 29, 2009, 07:44:26 PM »

Perhaps, it would be a good idea to send in your thoughts and suggestions to Ray at ER and maybe we can get these events re-organized or even look toward a few more during the year.

That is fine as far as "these events" go but we don't really need ER or any other magazine to organize an AM event. 

This list has a big enough foot print to do it's own thing.  Furthermore, relying on print media to promote is yesterday's technology.  There are dozens if not hundreds of internet and web ham lists where it can be promoted for free and independent of anyone else other than the person who steps up to the plate and does it.  Comparing the number of readers of net lists with subscribers to ER is a no brainer.

How bout... The AMfone AM QSO Party night?

Now all we need is someone to set it up.  I would be delighted to do it but it should probably be someone with some clout on this list if AMfone is to sponsor it.  But there will be extra points for home brew if I run it.

Jack
W2VW
Contributing

« Reply #20 on: December 29, 2009, 07:48:44 PM »

The purpose of this event was to get more AM on the bands. It worked very well by that measure.

We even dragged out some hardcore contesters who strapped.

I reduced my power to 248 watts and my rig only weighs about 225 lbs total but I'm known to do things my own way.
steve_qix
Contributing

Bap!

« Reply #21 on: December 30, 2009, 09:21:38 AM »

Perhaps, it would be a good idea to send in your thoughts and suggestions to Ray at ER and maybe we can get these events re-organized or even look toward a few more during the year.

That is fine as far as "these events" go but we don't really need ER or any other magazine to organize an AM event.  

This list has a big enough foot print to do it's own thing.  Furthermore, relying on print media to promote is yesterday's technology.  There are dozens if not hundreds of internet and web ham lists where it can be promoted for free and independent of anyone else other than the person who steps up to the plate and does it.  Comparing the number of readers of net lists with subscribers to ER is a no brainer.
Jack, you read my mind !  There is enough critical mass here to have an AM event.  The thing is, people LIKE "contests" if they have a chance of winning SOMETHING, or getting recognition, and of course just to do it !!!   We can do this!

As far as the rules are concerned, I would really make it very fair.  There are many examples of fun contests where there is a "real" winner, but lots of other winners too.  

The PineWood derby (cub scouts) is a very good example.  There are "category" prizes awarded (best looking car, most unusual car, fastest car in each den, etc. etc. etc.), but there is a real award for the fastest overall car, the 2nd fastest, and 3rd fastest.  These events have HIGH participation because they are FAIR and FUN.

If it were me, I could envision categories like these:

• Overall Points
  • Overall highest number of contacts, 2nd and 3rd place
  • Recogintions in Special Categories
  • Highest number of contacts using a classic commercial AM amateur rig (KW1, Desk KW, Johnson 500, etc)
  • Same as above using a converted Broadcast rig (there are a lot of them on)
  • Same as above using a military rig
  • Same as above using a homebrew tube rig
  • Same as above using a homebrew solid state rig
  • Others?
  • Fun Recognitions
  • Most Hum
  • Most FM
  • Heaviest rig for the power
  • etc, etc, etc.

The event would run for some long period of time (between 18 and 24 hours) on a Saturday, preferably during the winter months.

I will volunteer to organize the first one (collect the logs, award the prizes, etc.) if the board premotes it and there is sufficient participation.  Should also go in QST.

Anyway, an idea, perhaps.

High Power, Broadcast Audio and Low Cost?  Check out the class E web site at: http://www.classeradio.org
WD8BIL
Contributing

« Reply #22 on: December 30, 2009, 09:36:31 AM »

I had a great time even though my W8B call was never issued/approved.

I think no matter what the rules end up being someone is going to bitch. So an AM operating event of any kind is fine by me. Bill (KD0HG), you done gooder again. Ya can't please everyone.
W9GT

« Reply #23 on: December 30, 2009, 09:38:44 AM »

Great ideas Steve!  Go for it!  I did not mean to imply that ER Magazine had to be the sponsor of any event.  Only that they have previously initiated some of these things and, unfortunately some of them have fallen by the wayside.  Contest or no contest these "events" always bring out a lot of AM activity that we don't hear otherwise.  Unfortunately, confusion over rules and times seemed to detract from recent attempts.  Everyone still seems to enjoy these things and, with a number of options for participation, you might be able to expand on a good thing.

73,  Jack, W9GT

73, Jack, W9GT
K9ACT
« Reply #24 on: December 30, 2009, 10:20:07 AM »

Unfortunately, confusion over rules and times seemed to detract from recent attempts.

Ah. but there need be no confusion if we (AMfone) do it.  We become the "horses mouth" and do not have to deal with 3rd party editors, publishers, boards and stockholders.  As in, "the buck stops here".

Steve took the bait... let's see what he does with it.

My only suggestion is not to try to do too much in one event, especially the first.  Among other reasons, many of the things Steve mentioned could be the subject of more events.  I believe the ARRL sponsors more than one event per year. ha ha

Jack

Pages: [1] 2 ... 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015