The AM Forum
May 03, 2024, 09:44:43 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Need a duplex outlet?  (Read 8645 times)
Bill, KD0HG

304-TH - Workin' it

« on: November 03, 2009, 10:54:02 AM »

Wire your place with these!
A real bargain at $147.72

http://www.parts-express.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?Partnumber=110-439&vReviewShow

* outlet.jpg (44.81 KB, 222x500 - viewed 376 times.)
w8khk

This ham got his ticket the old fashioned way.

« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2009, 11:00:43 AM »

Did you read the reviews?  The second one is a real hoot!  Wonder what this guy is smokin' - must be some really great stuff!  Here is his text for your reading enjoyment:

"After reading all the wonderful reviews, I purchased a Wattgate 381 Audio Grade Duplex Socket. However, the is a compatibility issue with my power cords. One of the prongs on those cords is a little longer than the other. If the longer prong is on the left side, then the Wattgate socket works great, but if the longer prong is on the right side it won't plug in. The Wattgate 381 should orient one of the sockets with the longer prong on the right in order to accommodate those cords."

Rick / W8KHK  ex WB2HKX, WB4GNR
"Both politicians and diapers need to be changed often and for the same reason.”   Ronald Reagan

My smart?phone voicetext screws up homophones, but they are crystal clear from my 75 meter plate-modulated AM transmitter
K7NCR
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2009, 11:05:15 AM »

Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked
quote: "TedKennedy from The coast - Maine  

I installed 2 of these - one for the stereo and another in the bathroom where my wife dresses. I couldn't tell much difference from the stereo because I am a musician and have spent years in front of load speakers.

The one in the bathroom - !WOW!. My wife has been plugging her hairdryer into it and her hair is softer than ever and the gray is gone! Also - she has gone from a B cup to a DD!! "

BIGGER BOOBS!

Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin
Norm
WD8BIL
Contributing

« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2009, 11:35:18 AM »

Receptacle contacts are cryogenically heat treat hardened. Recepticle is rated at 125 VAC, 20A.

Now, correct me ifn I'm wrong but.......

Isn't cryogentics a study in producing very LOW temperatures? It's might be a bit hard to HEAT TREAT something at -200C!
KB2WIG
Contributing

« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2009, 11:44:21 AM »

" Now, correct me ifn I'm wrong but.......

Isn't cryogentics a study in producing very LOW temperatures? It's might be a bit hard to HEAT TREAT something at -200C! "

maybee they dip it into a  bottle of Bose-Einstein condensate and then treat it .... ..

klc

What? Me worry?
WA1GFZ

« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2009, 12:20:08 PM »

WOW, there must be a long break in period for thak kind of performance.
W1UJR
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2009, 12:33:17 PM »

Here are the reviews, reminds me of the "Wolf Shirt" on Amazon.com - will post link later for that gem.

Completely out of this world
Monday, October 26, 2009
Daniel Jackson from Cheyenne Mountain, CO  
Before installing the Wattgate 381 Audio Grade Duplex Socket, I was only able to pick up a few local radio stations on my HD receiver. The stations I could hear had a lot of static and where hard to listen to. Since installing the Wattgate 381 Audio Grade Duplex Socket I can now pick up nearly ever station on the planet and even a classic rock station from Alpha Centuari system.
The 25% increase of amperage as well as the power sine wave interpolation without a doubt prove that the Wattgate 381 Audio Grade Duplex Socket is worth at least five times the full retail price.
After some calculations I have determined that if were to use the Wattgate 381 Audio Grade Duplex Socket to recharge my Prius, I will obtain close to a 35% increase in mileage using batteries alone.
I further hypotheroize that if one Wattgate 381 Audio Grade Duplex Socket was installed in every household in America the global carbon dioxide levels would be significantly reduced.
    Experience with Product
I own it
Technical Knowledge
Professional

Value    4.5
Performance    5
Features    5
Overall    5

Absolutely unbeatable product.
Monday, October 26, 2009
Parts Express Customer from Unknown Location  
When you need the absolute best in duplex sockets, the Wattgate 381 Audio Grade Duplex Socket will deliver every time.

This beautiful little socket actually saved my marriage. You see, our 72 inch plasma TV and top of the line stereo system were simply too much for a normal duplex socket. Things stopped working, and when we were forced to actually interact with each other, it really started to put a strain on our relationship.

So naturally I sought guidance on the Google, and heard the stories of the legendary Wattgate duplex socket. Needless to say, the next day I replaced every socket in the house. Now everything works flawlessly, and we can happily drown each other out with all the great new reality TV shows.

Thanks, Wattgate.
    Experience with Product
I own it
Technical Knowledge
Amateur

Value    4.5
Performance    5
Features    5
Overall    5

Amazing
Monday, October 26, 2009
TedKennedy from The coast - Maine  
I installed 2 of these - one for the stereo and another in the bathroom where my wife dresses. I couldn't tell much difference from the stereo because I am a musician and have spent years in front of load speakers.

The one in the bathroom - !WOW!. My wife has been plugging her hairdryer into it and her hair is softer than ever and the gray is gone! Also - she has gone from a B cup to a DD!! BIGGER BOOBS!
    Experience with Product
I own it
Technical Knowledge
Amateur

Value    5
Performance    5
Features    4.5
Overall    5

Great, but absolutely needs more
Monday, October 26, 2009
Parts Express Customer from Gulfport, MS  
I've bought this for each of my three home theaters (one fore the wife and me, one for the teens and one for the grandkids). Its great, if its paired well with a properly-configured WGJ-series setup.

In other words, this socket is pretty much useless without the Wattgate circuit breaker panel for $6000 and $4000 triple gold plated ground rods. Its the absolute only way to get the value out of these sockets.

You have to have the complete set for the purest of listening experiences. Otherwise, you're wasting your money on an inferior listening experience. Because some people believe everything they hear.
    Experience with Product
I own it
Technical Knowledge
Professional

Value    4.5
Performance    2.5
Features    4.5
Overall    4

Wow, the product of the year!!
Monday, October 26, 2009
Parts Express Customer from Unknown Location  
I was given the wattgate 381 as a gift from my wife, I was not impressed with it. Yeah it was shiney and sure did look the part but come on, it is an outlet!!! I have a nice entertainment system so I thought I would give it a try, after installation I put in my favorite movie The Delta Force starring Chuck Norris, this time he killed everyone the good and the bad, it was so loud my ears are still bleeding. When the movie was over my TV exploded and Chuck Norris stood in the carnage. Then he picked up my wife and gave her the best rogering she has ever had (the doctors say she might be able to walk again after intensive physical theropy). Two thumbs way up!!
    Experience with Product
I own it
Technical Knowledge
Amateur

Value    5
Performance    5
Features    5
Overall    5

Hushed tones of awed reverence
Monday, October 26, 2009
Scott Farkas from Philadelphia, PA  
The Wattgate 381 did provide the velvety black noise floor I had been seeking. I auditioned this outlet with my system, and my listening room actually did get quieter than silence when I switched it on. My ears don't lie. Now I can listen to my system and hear the perfection of its silence. I will never ruin flawlessness that by actually playing music on it, although I will play a glide tone from time to time to help keep it that way.
    Experience with Product
I own it
Technical Knowledge
Professional

Value    4.5
Performance    5
Features    4.5
Overall    4.5

Strange things happen with this product!
Monday, October 26, 2009
Jonathan Parker from Los Angeles, CA  
I got the Wattgate and after hooking everything up a strange bald man named Horace Pinker appeared - coming out of the Wattgate! He was in orange prison attire and he attacked my girlfriend Alison! My quick thinking saved us, as I disconnected the power, making him vanish. Be very careful of this Horace Pinker, he is dangerous!
DMOD
AC0OB - A Place where Thermionic Emitters Rule!
Contributing

« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2009, 12:34:15 PM »

I was looking for a type of an A/C socket that would limit amount of noise, EMI and harmonics coming from the surrounding electrical circuits. Having any type of resistance between in the power supply and electrical equipment allows an eddy current to flow creating a magnets flux. The harmonics in the third and fifth from this flux where causing the current and voltage wave to be asinusoidal. The noise was too much for my y-flux capacitor to deliver the necessary power to my amp. This plug would make all the differences in the world.

Roll Eyes Shocked Kiss Cry

One needs the help of a shrink if his voltage is "asinusoidal."

Phil - AC0OB

Charlie Eppes: Dad would be so happy if we married a doctor.
Don Eppes: Yeah, well, Dad would be happy if I married someone with a pulse.NUMB3RS   Smiley
W1UJR
« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2009, 12:34:56 PM »

http://blog.seattlepi.com/amazon/archives/169338.asp

Average Customer Review
4.5 out of 5 stars (1,537 customer reviews)

Most Helpful Customer Reviews

15,987 of 16,133 people found the following review helpful:
5.0 out of 5 stars Dual Function Design, November 10, 2008
By    B. Govern "Bee-Dot-Govern" (New Jersey, USA) - See all my reviews
(REAL NAME)  
This item has wolves on it which makes it intrinsically sweet and worth 5 stars by itself, but once I tried it on, that's when the magic happened. After checking to ensure that the shirt would properly cover my girth, I walked from my trailer to Wal-mart with the shirt on and was immediately approached by women. The women knew from the wolves on my shirt that I, like a wolf, am a mysterious loner who knows how to 'howl at the moon' from time to time (if you catch my drift!). The women that approached me wanted to know if I would be their boyfriend and/or give them money for something they called mehth. I told them no, because they didn't have enough teeth, and frankly a man with a wolf-shirt shouldn't settle for the first thing that comes to him.

I arrived at Wal-mart, mounted my courtesy-scooter (walking is such a drag!) sitting side saddle so that my wolves would show. While I was browsing tube socks, I could hear aroused asthmatic breathing behind me. I turned around to see a slightly sweaty dream in sweatpants and flip-flops standing there. She told me she liked the wolves on my shirt, I told her I wanted to howl at her moon. She offered me a swig from her mountain dew, and I drove my scooter, with her shuffling along side out the door and into the rest of our lives. Thank you wolf shirt.

Pros: Fits my girthy frame, has wolves on it, attracts women
Cons: Only 3 wolves (could probably use a few more on the 'guns'), cannot see wolves when sitting with arms crossed, wolves would have been better if they glowed in the dark.
Comment Comments (199) | Permalink | Was this review helpful to you?  Yes No  (Report this)

W3RSW
Contributing

Rick & "Roosevelt"

« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2009, 01:56:29 PM »

Bill, you win the prize.

The Find of the year.
I was simply overwhelmed and promptly sent in my $147.72 plus $50 postage.

You guys just wait until you see my review.
Just a hint, Allegheny Power has it's entire engineering team at my door as I write.  Sue says there's a bunch of black limo's right behind them.

Gary, Steve, Pete, et al.: Send bill the trophy.

RICK  *W3RSW*
W1AEX
Un-smug-a-licious
Contributing

Apache Labs SDR

« Reply #10 on: November 04, 2009, 04:58:40 PM »

Wow, I can't believe that they threw in free shipping for that price! I installed one of these to power my rig and could instantly "feel" a difference in the low end. Thanks for the post Bill!

One thing I'm certain of is that there is too much certainty in the world.
Bill, KD0HG

304-TH - Workin' it

« Reply #11 on: November 04, 2009, 05:05:51 PM »

I could instantly "feel" a difference in the low end.

Could you elaborate on that...?
W1AEX
Un-smug-a-licious
Contributing

Apache Labs SDR

« Reply #12 on: November 04, 2009, 05:34:02 PM »

Could you elaborate on that...?

Sorry Bill, I'm too busy installing more of the Wattgate 381's in the bathroom. No time to elaborate...

One thing I'm certain of is that there is too much certainty in the world.
WBear2GCR

Brrrr- it's cold in the shack! Fire up the BIG RIG

« Reply #13 on: November 04, 2009, 05:51:47 PM »

I'm testing them to see if they have any effect on my rusted Johnson's knob... per the earlier thread on that topic.

Shocked Shocked

_-_-bear

_-_- bear WB2GCR                   http://www.bearlabs.com
WQ9E

« Reply #14 on: November 04, 2009, 06:05:41 PM »

I am waiting for the 240 volt version so that my 810's and 4-400's in the desk KW will continue to work even if the cathodes open up. 

These devices are basically a stupidity tax transferring wealth from the stupid to the unethical.  Sort of a high tech version of a state lottery.

Rodger WQ9E
w4bfs
W4 Beans For Supper
Contributing

more inpoot often yields more outpoot

« Reply #15 on: November 06, 2009, 04:51:47 PM »

ah so ....Confusous (sp?) say beware of telling long story with tongue in cheek

Beefus

O would some power the gift give us
to see ourselves as others see us.
It would from many blunders free us.         Robert Burns
Opcom
Patrick J. / KD5OEI
Contributing

« Reply #16 on: November 06, 2009, 10:06:53 PM »

my favorite, from the Milbert Amplifier page concerning a 30W/ch tube car amp with switching power supplies substituted bizzarrely for the outpoot iron- -

"...The sound of this amplifier is exceptional, far beyond anything I expected from a state-of-the-art car stereo. How can I describe the sound? With shrieks and tears and screams. More specific? If you insist. This is the sound of a truly High-End living room tube amplifier. The midrange is silky and sweet, the highs are airy and harshless (mmm, a new word)...This amplifier really excels in delicacy, ambience retrieval, lack of distortion, speed, and, yes, the simulation of a soundstage...(yes, in his BMW convertible I suppose) If I had to name one overarching strength of this amp, it is the reproduction of brass (likely comes from the switching power supplies), which is reminiscent of old Carnegie Hall. The initial attack and metallic bite of the trumpets and trombones are there with remarkable clarity, together with the warm, burnished tone of the instrument and all the associated ambience...With the Milbert, the simulation of a soundstage in the car is uncanny. Percussion is another great strength...Rock music is incredible...I lost it with Janos Starker's Cello Suites on Mercury. The attack, the resonance of the wood, the air around the cello; I was sitting in my driveway in tears, listening to the nuances of this recording (what a sight for the neighbors!)..."
Robert Reina, Absolute Sound, vol. 13, #53

There is something very alternativistic about these audio claims. Feel a difference in the low end indeed. I bet. I got a feeling that guy's neighbors have seen alot more going on in his driveway than his blubbering over 60 watts of cello. Probably his crying was over spending $2500 for 60 watts, and not even getting a single piece of iron or even a dynamotor out of the deal.

The wolf shirt is a better deal. A few bucks spent to woo an athsmatic old hag is better than being out $150 for a receptacle. At least she probably has some cigarrettes to share.

Radio Candelstein - Flagship Station of the NRK Radio Network.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015