The AM Forum
April 18, 2024, 01:37:23 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 3 [4]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Have we reached a bear market rally top in the market?  (Read 33731 times)
Steve - WB3HUZ
« Reply #75 on: August 12, 2009, 11:38:42 AM »

I wouldn't think that at all. Most aren't that smart. Most never ran a business. Most are far too short sighted to see any long term consequences.
WA1GFZ

« Reply #76 on: August 12, 2009, 10:26:44 PM »

Not that smart. HMMM let's see. The best health care our money can buy for life. Best retire early plan. Best free travel plan.
Steve - WB3HUZ
« Reply #77 on: August 13, 2009, 10:16:57 AM »

Yea, you're right, smart in a criminal way, not smart in a business way.
WA1GFZ

« Reply #78 on: August 13, 2009, 12:06:45 PM »

I just read an interesting article on how to eliminate the debate over health care reform. Just have all members of the government welfare system take part in the new deal.
Art
« Reply #79 on: August 13, 2009, 08:13:06 PM »

Ya, Frank. That has been floated by several of our representatives and only Obama has stated he would do so. The question is, do you believe it? I find our representatives have developed the attitude that they rule us rather than represent us and act accordingly. There are a number of mechanisms that would curtail this tendency but all would have to be approved by those who would be affected so that isn't going to happen. This is an area where I think we strongly agree. . . .

However, considering that the reality of job loss and consumer spending is being revealed it makes sense that this is a bear market rally and not a new bull. Yes, bulls climb a wall of worry but bears slip down a slope of hope and optimism.. .usually unfounded. I see no fundamental change that should power our economy to a new high. We need conceptual change and innovation for that and that means risk must be rewarded not taxed into oblivion. Take advantage while you can but cover your assets. . .

-ap
WA1GFZ

« Reply #80 on: August 13, 2009, 10:13:45 PM »

Yup Art, our two fine examples in the Senate from Ct. Sr. Useless and Jr. more useless. I really thought the people of this state would have booted more useless the last election.
Pages: 1 ... 3 [4]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015