The AM Forum
May 05, 2024, 04:04:18 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: WA1GFZ SDR recording  (Read 2925 times)
W2INR
Radio Syracuse
Founding

Syracuse Radio W2INR

« on: March 15, 2009, 05:33:16 PM »

Recording of Frank, GFZ'z HPSDR.

Sounded good here into Syracuse.

3733 around 5:20pm

Recording made with the R390A in the 8kc position.

Digital recoding made with audacity of the diode.

G

* gfz.mp3 (975.94 KB - downloaded 251 times.)

G - The INR

Amateur Weather Station KNYSYRAC64
Creator - owner - AMfone.net - 2001 - 2010
Founding Member - NEAR-Fest
SWLR-RNŲ54
K1JJ
Contributing

"Let's go kayaking, Tommy!" - Yaz

« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2009, 06:02:12 PM »

Frank sounds pretty good  - just like Frank in person... :-)

We were talking a few weeks ago about how his old rig needed audio work - had hum and distortion.  But now, with this new set up, it sounds very clean and transparent.  Good job, OM.

That hi-tech rig shud last you a long time.  Looking forward to when you hook up the quad Mosfet linear to it.

T

Use an "AM Courtesy Filter" to limit transmit audio bandwidth  +-4.5 KHz, +-6.0 KHz or +-8.0 KHz when needed.  Easily done in DSP.

Wise Words : "I'm as old as I've ever been... and I'm as young as I'll ever be."

There's nothing like an old dog.
KA8WTK
Contributing

« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2009, 06:16:07 PM »

If you are listening Frank.....

He could be heard in Ohio, just a little on the weak side. I understand he was running low power (just 2 RF MOSFETs in final).

Bill KA8WTK

Bill KA8WTK
Tom WA3KLR
Contributing

« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2009, 07:27:34 PM »

Frank,

How does that transmitter signal look on a spectrum analyzer?

73 de Tom WA3KLR  AMI # 77   Amplitude Modulation - a force Now and for the Future!
WA1GFZ

« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2009, 08:45:30 PM »

hi Guys,
TNX for the reports. Check out HPSDR.org for pictures of each board and TX displays. We will have a chassis soon. I'm pushing for a second blank chassis with many supporting that will be used as a twin for the final. I'm running modified Flex software with 4 dB of compression and 10 band EQ with a suck out of mids. Mic is an EV664.
Future will be the afterburner slated to jump on the bench soon. The old 4X3 is calling to me. Also a SS afterburner with 16 MRF150s. I was only running about 25 watts today because there was only 30 volts on the final. At 48 volts I can do 50 watts or so. You will see spectrum plots that IMD off this thing is -50 dB third order so want a clean amp after it.
Thinking of an SDR set up. Hold off till this hits the market. Flex learned from our last set up to make the 5000. Once they eliminate the DDS and go A/D D/A it will be worth investing in.
If I was a software guy I would modify the code to put put the center frequency in 4 -4 bit words out the communication board parallel port to drive my Cubic pre post amplifier and have a strapping preselector. So far the only thing that crunches the RX is a big static crash. No signals at my QTH have crunched the RX. I can sometimes saturate the A/D in RX while in TX with relay leakage but that is about it.
There are a few more slots on the mother board. There is talk of a spectrum analyzer / Tracking generator and a VNA.
There are about 400 of these board sets around the world. Only a few guys are actually making QSOs so far. gfz
kc2ifr
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2009, 03:25:21 PM »

Recorded using my WinRadio G313e at 15 KC bandwidth......

Bill

* wa1gfz.mp3 (1053.98 KB - downloaded 194 times.)
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015