The AM Forum
May 01, 2024, 10:03:20 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: RF Cancer Treatment  (Read 26270 times)
WBear2GCR

Brrrr- it's cold in the shack! Fire up the BIG RIG

« Reply #25 on: August 06, 2008, 11:49:37 AM »

Don,

... and anyone else... dig out a copy of his patent on his microscope, Rife that is...
There are more pictures of the incomplete instrument on line, but I poked around a few years back and found a picture of the complete unit.

As I said it is unclear to me that it achieves its stated objective, to see below the Fraunhauer limit using light in the optical spectrum. You're generally limited in terms of size of the object you can see/magnification by the relationship related to wavelength and constructive/destructive interference. His microscope design claims to circumvent the destructive interference that normally sets the limit.

Being not sophisticated in optics and light physics I can't tell by inspection if his claim has any merit at all - but from what little I know, it does seem doubtful.

_-_-bear

_-_- bear WB2GCR                   http://www.bearlabs.com
Jim KF2SY

« Reply #26 on: August 06, 2008, 11:57:32 AM »

This Kanzius story ran on 60 minutes this past Spring, recently updated.

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2008/04/10/60minutes/printable4006951.shtml

Mike/W8BAC
Contributing

« Reply #27 on: August 06, 2008, 12:43:04 PM »

This Kanzius story ran on 60 minutes this past Spring, recently updated.

That is an awesome story. Like the rest of us I hope it works.

Mike
Opcom
Patrick J. / KD5OEI
Contributing

« Reply #28 on: August 06, 2008, 06:15:18 PM »

about this Rife business, a guy approached me a couple years ago wanting to build a variable frequency RF generator big enough to run a large Rife tube. He was under contract by a doctor and insisted that because rife's machine had only a few controls, his also should have but a few, so the doctor could operate it. I told him to use a cheap solid state amplifier (500W CB linear for instance), but he insisted on tubes and a bandwidth of some 100KC to 30MHz because he did not know the spectrum of RF necessary for this contraption. Needless to say the project did not go far with the meager funding available for parts and he was not interested in paying me in $ anyway. A decent research budget would have taken into acount a product from Amplifier Research or equivalent.. multi-$K. I helped on paper for a while, but the novelty wore off as I had other things to do and he would not listen to electronics advice. I don't know what happened to him, but I ended up with a little plate transformer with dual 120V windings and dual 1KV 500mA windings. Still sitting on a shelf..

Radio Candelstein - Flagship Station of the NRK Radio Network.
k4kyv
Contributing Member
Don

« Reply #29 on: August 06, 2008, 10:27:41 PM »

Don,

... and anyone else... dig out a copy of his patent on his microscope, Rife that is...
There are more pictures of the incomplete instrument on line, but I poked around a few years back and found a picture of the complete unit.

As I said it is unclear to me that it achieves its stated objective, to see below the Fraunhauer limit using light in the optical spectrum. You're generally limited in terms of size of the object you can see/magnification by the relationship related to wavelength and constructive/destructive interference. His microscope design claims to circumvent the destructive interference that normally sets the limit.

Being not sophisticated in optics and light physics I can't tell by inspection if his claim has any merit at all - but from what little I know, it does seem doubtful.

_-_-bear

He might have got greater resolution using blue light right at the fringe of visibility and ultraviolet.  Like the laser discs that use blue lasers instead of the traditional red to allow for more data storage in a given amount of space.

But then maybe he used oxygen-free quartz lenses in his optics to give more tessitura to the magnified images. Grin Grin

Don, K4KYV                                       AMI#5
Licensed since 1959 and not happy to be back on AM...    Never got off AM in the first place.

- - -
This message was typed using the DVORAK keyboard layout.
http://www.mwbrooks.com/dvorak
Jim KF2SY

« Reply #30 on: August 07, 2008, 08:01:18 AM »

Yep,
It appears Kamzius is indeed a fellow ham. 

http://www.qrz.com/callsign/K3TUP

w4bfs
W4 Beans For Supper
Contributing

more inpoot often yields more outpoot

« Reply #31 on: August 09, 2008, 07:58:04 AM »

hey don ... is mo tessitura like mo testosterone (sp?) ...beefus

Beefus

O would some power the gift give us
to see ourselves as others see us.
It would from many blunders free us.         Robert Burns
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up