The AM Forum
April 28, 2024, 08:49:49 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Grant's Ranger Rebuild  (Read 4698 times)
WA1HZK

« on: May 26, 2008, 08:25:37 PM »

Well I started working on Grant's Ranger today. It looks like it will need the whole treatment so I'll be into that with my standard mods & getting the rig back to him this summer. I had one question. He's looking for a back up AM rig. If anyone has anything available please let Grant know and if it's in New England maybe it can be got to me somehow so I can get it to him in VA. His Ranger suffered some severe damage from UPS and there was some question about just filing a claim but I could not stand to give a Ranger II to UPS for scrap! So if necessary I'll activate the AM express later this summer th get him back up. We need Grant on the air! He's like Brent, holds down the window so the bats don't get in. Smiley

Contact Info....
Grant W4BVT
tuberadio@hughes.net

AM is Not A Hobby - It's a "Way of Life"!
Timmy, Sometime in 2007 on a Mountain Far Away..
www.criticalradio.com
www.criticalbattery.com
www.criticaltowers.com
www.criticalresponder.com
Official Registered "Old Buzzard"
k4kyv
Contributing Member
Don

« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2008, 12:51:56 AM »

Why do we keep paying top dollar to those fools to transport parcels, if they are going to destroy the contents in the process?

If we could send people to the moon and back 40 years ago, and we can send a motor vehicle to rove the surface of Mars, certainly the technology should exist to do something so simple as sending a box across the country at reasonable cost, with the expectation that it would arrive intact.

Don, K4KYV                                       AMI#5
Licensed since 1959 and not happy to be back on AM...    Never got off AM in the first place.

- - -
This message was typed using the DVORAK keyboard layout.
http://www.mwbrooks.com/dvorak
steve_qix
Contributing

Bap!

« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2008, 12:55:40 AM »

He's like Brent, holds down the window so the bats don't get in. Smiley

Contact Info....
Grant W4BVT
tuberadio@hughes.net

Where the heck is Brent?  I haven't heard him on the air in a long time.  Is everything OK?  I notice he also canceled his party :-(

Regards,

Steve

High Power, Broadcast Audio and Low Cost?  Check out the class E web site at: http://www.classeradio.org
w1vtp

« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2008, 07:25:06 AM »

Brent?  A few weeks ago he indicated that he was going to spend more time with his other activities during the summer but one would think that he could spend a  little time letting his friends know things are OK

Al VTP
Steve - WB3HUZ
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2008, 11:29:20 AM »

Brent has friends?
W3RSW
Contributing

Rick & "Roosevelt"

« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2008, 01:03:36 PM »

Yo Steve,

Brent who?
 Grin

(actually he's a pretty nice guy.)

RICK  *W3RSW*
Todd, KA1KAQ
Administrator

AMbassador

« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2008, 02:23:55 PM »

The WX is finally gotten nice and warm up this way, so I imagine ol' Tina is making good use of it. He does tend to disappear in summer months as do many of us in the northeast. The snow melts, static levels build, limited time available to fix ants, mow lawns, get the rest of the projects done before it snows again. He canceled his picnic due to the ever-increasing price of gas-o-lene, sensitive to the fact that most folks had a ways to drive to get there. Or maybe he was being Brentsitive to the situation?

He's a good guy but makes a very scary [Tina]woman!  Think 'Lola' with biceps and rosy cheeks. Shocked

known as The Voice of Vermont in a previous life
W1IA

« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2008, 09:05:30 PM »

Hi guys...have been at the range most of the time shooting trap, pistol and long guns etc...All is well in the Derry-Air Grin
Radio takes the back seat during the summer....fishing, guns etc.

I still have Roberts (W0VMC's) radio in the back of the truck Todd? Where's Robert?

Brent W1IA - The Tina!

Run What Ya Brung!
w1vtp

« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2008, 09:27:58 PM »

Hi guys...have been at the range most of the time shooting trap, pistol and long guns etc...All is well in the Derry-Air Grin
Radio takes the back seat during the summer....fishing, guns etc.

I still have Roberts (W0VMC's) radio in the back of the truck Todd? Where's Robert?

Brent W1IA - The Tina!

A bit off topic Brent but it IS good to know you did not shoot yourself in the foot  Grin

Keep in touch!  We talked about you yesterday.

Al VTP
Todd, KA1KAQ
Administrator

AMbassador

« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2008, 09:33:02 AM »

Brent W1IA - The Tina!

TINA! Thank GOD you haven't shot your eye out!!  Grin

That hefty black wrinkle box actually belongs to Skipper, K7YOO. Robert is supposed to be picking it up during a trip out this way sometime soon, like...now? I emailed Skip to get an update, thinking perhaps o-lene prices have come into play. If we don't hear soon, I'll come down and haul it outta the truck for you before it gets doinked up or shifts to the opposite side of the bed, throwing you immediately off the road.

known as The Voice of Vermont in a previous life
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015