The AM Forum
April 29, 2024, 10:40:08 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: KW-DERB Box progress and news in general  (Read 1528 times)
N3DRB The Derb
« on: May 12, 2008, 10:38:55 PM »

By tomorrow, I'll have all the ugly extra coax connector holes in the back covered and the ground lug/hole repaired. Used 1/8" flat mill finish
bar stock, one inside, one outside. There are some more small clamping holes to drill, and the hole for the #8 solid copper to wrap around the outside ground screw as in the stock unit.  Inside it will go to a copper block centrally soldered to a 1/2" wide silver plated copper STRAP. I am still figuring the mechanics of mounting new link coil supports.

Still have to cover the fugly off balance coax hole in the middle and fill some small holes that serve no purpose.

The other pic is a reversed (the back side) of the new front of 26 gauge steel that will be bonded to the existing front with all the holes. I decided the small holes would make excellent clamps so we drilled all the existing small holes in the new front and I will rivet them together before the cutting of the SWR meter hole.

I may take it to the local sheet metal place to cut the big hole. I'm not sure I can do it, handling the jigsaw. One slip and oh no.  Roll Eyes

as you can see I am not standing still. My goal is to have the prettiest black wrinkle Matchbox you ever saw, as well as work better than a stock one. I hope I can find some good bright metal/chrome nameplates and dial indicators at the upcoming memorial day hamfester.

We also received the replacement electrolytic cap kits for both Yaesu's, which replaces every single one inside the radio except the 2 main filters. All of them will be brand new when finished.

Yaesu #2 will have it's new power board soon. I stripped the wires and got the terms ready to transfer the wires one by one.

I got a lot of stuff to do.  Grin

* DSCN0453.jpg (189.92 KB, 1280x960 - viewed 392 times.)

* DSCN0452.jpg (175.47 KB, 1280x960 - viewed 436 times.)
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015