The AM Forum
April 26, 2024, 04:36:04 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: K1MAN OPERATES ON TOP OF THE DX 60 NET  (Read 36490 times)
W2PFY
Contributing

« on: August 26, 2007, 09:32:25 AM »

How long has the DX 60 net been around? Seems to me that he would know about the nets Sunday gathering. Huh

The secrecy of my job prevents me from knowing what I am doing.
WD8BIL
Contributing

« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2007, 12:22:41 PM »

Other than his violations Terry, he was real PISSSSSWEEAAKK  and of no consequence this morning here in the mid-west.

Looks like we'll hafta roll tape again.

Steve - WB3HUZ
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2007, 12:30:51 PM »

Assuming he could hear the net. Tongue
AF9J
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2007, 12:31:10 PM »

Oh Goody!  Glen the Goofball is back on 75!   He doesn't care about nets.  Like his buddy Karol, VE7KFM, K1MAN is notorious for firing up over QSOs, and nets that are in progress, and QRMing them.  He just doesn't care. This practice (along with his broadcasting) is one of the cruxes of the fines (which he refuses to pay) the FCC has levvied against him.  I wish the FCC would grow a backbone, and finish its administrative review of K1MAN's license, so he could get tossed off the bands for being unlicensed.  

The DX60 net is a cool net that's been around a long time.  To have Glen Baxter QRM it with his antics makes me irate.

Ellen - AF9J
WA3VJB
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2007, 12:41:54 PM »

Next time make a sound file, send it to Riley.
Ideally start recording before the interference begins.

k3zrf

« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2007, 01:43:25 PM »

I must be misinformed but I was under the impression k-boy had been suppressed by powers that be? If the law doesn't work how come the 'boyz' haven't visited? Guess I'm not up on current events.

dave/zrf
A closed mouth gathers no foot
KF1Z

Are FETs supposed to glow like that?

« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2007, 01:53:13 PM »

The FCC is tied up in it's own rulemaking, and other federal laws....

the 1man filed hi renewal "in a timely manner..." , so it is legal for him to operate until the "final disposition.." of his application....

In other words.... until all the court cases and pending legal actions , are cleaned up.

At this time he IS licensed.....

On 75 meters the other day, he was actually talking live to people, and taking checkins to his net....

He claims to (now) be being VERY careful of checking frequencies etc, before starting up....

But we'll see......

KF1Z

« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2007, 02:00:38 PM »

By the way.... I thought I'd say this...

It very well could be the ONLY reason he is showing up now, is to get recordings himself, of all the people that jam him, and make rude comments every time he comes on the air....

Why? to get evidence for his court case to help in his defense!!

So, I would suggest staying clear of his operations, and refrain from adding to his own collection of sound files....

He does indeed record during his transmissions, as he has already palyed back some of the conversations he's had recently....

Last wednesday (or thursday?) when he was on 75 m , there was 2 or 3 stations trying to jam him with carriers, and buzzy audio etc....
Why?...

We complain about having to listen to his BS, but then have to listen to all the trash created by stations we'd otherwise respect......

I just don't get it.......

That is exactly the type of malicious interference that will only feed him, and his case.

Oh well,
Just my opinion I guess......

AF9J
« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2007, 02:07:01 PM »

Good Point.  He may be trying to portray himself as the victim.  I avoid people like MAN, and his buddy KFM like the plague.  Confrontation on the air with these guys does no good - it just seems to make things worse.   I heard Karol, VE7KFM holding court on 20m, two weeks ago on a late Friday afternoon, and I tuned the VFO a.s.a.p.

Ellen - AF9J

k3zrf

« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2007, 02:07:26 PM »

Well I asked and I have been told.

I guess I should pay more attention to the 'meat' of the subject.

Doesn't give others the green light to do as he does.

Tnx. Just dropping by for my $.02

dave/zrf
A closed mouth gathers no foot
kf6pqt

« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2007, 02:08:36 PM »

The FCC is tied up in it's own rulemaking, and other federal laws....

No,  FCC Incorporated is in the business of selling spectrum from the TV bands for multiple billions. I'm sure they could care less, and are likely glad to see bad behavior on our bands so that they may appropriate them and sell them some day.

I've been making a point to announce my presence on the totally quiet 2m fm repeater on the hill behind me... just so it, and the totally silent 2m, doesnt go away.  I have yet to make a qso, I have better luck on 40m cw with my 3 wpm cw.

W6IEE, formerly KF6PQT
Tom WA3KLR
Contributing

« Reply #11 on: August 26, 2007, 02:17:18 PM »

I listened to the DX60 net this morning, admittedly with less than 100 % attention.  I did not notice any transmissions from Glenn at all. 

I did receive interference from WA3YNW transmitting on 3876 kHz. AM, he was a little wide too.

73 de Tom WA3KLR  AMI # 77   Amplitude Modulation - a force Now and for the Future!
k4kyv
Contributing Member
Don

« Reply #12 on: August 26, 2007, 02:27:00 PM »

Sounds like MAN is running pissweak power.  What happened to his KW-1?

We complain about having to listen to his BS, but then have to listen to all the trash created by stations we'd otherwise respect......

I just don't get it.......

That is exactly the type of malicious interference that will only feed him, and his case.

Recall the "No-traffic" net that complained to Riley about Ashtabula Bill on 7290?  Bill is still on 7290, and now, when there is pre-existing AM activity on the frequency, the No-Traffickers fire up a few kc/s lower in frequency until the AM activity clears.

Don, K4KYV                                       AMI#5
Licensed since 1959 and not happy to be back on AM...    Never got off AM in the first place.

- - -
This message was typed using the DVORAK keyboard layout.
http://www.mwbrooks.com/dvorak
KF1Z

« Reply #13 on: August 26, 2007, 02:45:35 PM »

He CLAIMS to not be running the collins " to save on the electricity bill..... "

And now just running in slopbucket mode.....

At least last week he was.....

In the morning on 75m, he is quite strapping here in Verminmont.

So on 3890 lsb, and we're usually on 3885 am.... gets annoying....  quackquackquack.

Steve - WB3HUZ
« Reply #14 on: August 26, 2007, 03:23:18 PM »

...WA3YNW transmitting on 3876 kHz. AM, he was a little wide too.

Nothing new there. Shocked
WA1HZK

« Reply #15 on: August 26, 2007, 05:04:51 PM »

Your Right
Nothing to hear here....
Move along
Move along
Just another Car wreck

AM is Not A Hobby - It's a "Way of Life"!
Timmy, Sometime in 2007 on a Mountain Far Away..
www.criticalradio.com
www.criticalbattery.com
www.criticaltowers.com
www.criticalresponder.com
Official Registered "Old Buzzard"
KA1ZGC
« Reply #16 on: August 26, 2007, 06:23:12 PM »

There is no "court case", and never will be. It doesn't work that way.

In order for his renewal to go through, he needs to address the issues outlined in the Notice of Appearent Liability issued against his license.

If he doesn't, then his renewal may get designated for a hearing in front of an Administrative Law Judge. There's a far cry between one of these hearings and a "court case".

In these hearings, the burden of proof is on the accused, meaning Glenn. The sole purpose of these hearings is to give the licensee one last chance to prove that, in spite of the violations in question, it would be in the public interest to allow them to stay licensed.

People jamming Glenn won't justify what Glenn does, and won't ever be considered in a hearing. In fact, it won't even be admitted for discussion. It's simply not relevant. All that matters is Glenn's behavior, both on the air and in correspondence with the FCC (where his arrogance hasn't done him any favors, either).

Just because Glenn hasn't lost his operating priveledges yet doesn't mean that he isn't well on his way. Just getting the NAL tacked onto him was a huge step in the right direction, after years of nothing being done at all. These things don't happen overnight.

If they did, a few of us would have lost our licenses a long time ago.

--Thom
Killer Agony One Zipper Got Caught
w3jn
Johnny Novice
Administrator

« Reply #17 on: August 26, 2007, 06:56:00 PM »

Not to defend Glenn but who was on first - him or the DX-60 net?  The DX-60 net doesn't own any frequency, and neither does Glenn.

FCC:  "The record is devoid of a demonstrated nexus between Morse code proficiency and on-the-air conduct."
Tom WA3KLR
Contributing

« Reply #18 on: August 26, 2007, 07:27:13 PM »

There was a pre-net group on before 8 a.m. with a net control whose call (K8?) I don't remember, someone other than Mike of Pigeon Michigan who is net control starting at 8 a.m.  I was listening on my Sony 2010 to start with at about 7:40 a.m.  I didn't hear Glenn.

73 de Tom WA3KLR  AMI # 77   Amplitude Modulation - a force Now and for the Future!
KF1Z

« Reply #19 on: August 26, 2007, 07:39:52 PM »

There is no "court case", and never will be. It doesn't work that way.

In order for his renewal to go through, he needs to address the issues outlined in the Notice of Appearent Liability issued against his license.

If he doesn't, then his renewal may get designated for a hearing in front of an Administrative Law Judge. There's a far cry between one of these hearings and a "court case".

In these hearings, the burden of proof is on the accused, meaning Glenn. The sole purpose of these hearings is to give the licensee one last chance to prove that, in spite of the violations in question, it would be in the public interest to allow them to stay licensed.

People jamming Glenn won't justify what Glenn does, and won't ever be considered in a hearing. In fact, it won't even be admitted for discussion. It's simply not relevant. All that matters is Glenn's behavior, both on the air and in correspondence with the FCC (where his arrogance hasn't done him any favors, either).

Just because Glenn hasn't lost his operating priveledges yet doesn't mean that he isn't well on his way. Just getting the NAL tacked onto him was a huge step in the right direction, after years of nothing being done at all. These things don't happen overnight.

If they did, a few of us would have lost our licenses a long time ago.

--Thom
Killer Agony One Zipper Got Caught

Yeah, thinking about it now....you're probably mostly right Thom....

Though he has no right to an administrative hearing now.... he lost that chance nearly 2 years ago.

The Forfeiture order came out on March 26, 2006.... gave him 30 days to pay....

By now this is in the hands of the Department of Justice.

The only chance he'll have after the DoJ gets done, is an admin hearing to keep his license..
(assuming he pays or deals with the Forfeiture Order, first)

I would think that anything that happens now, MAY have bearing to whether or not he keeps his license.

I'm not sure.... Maybe he's already lost it!!

That's fine with me...
After all I myself was on his  "QRZ Nazi list.."

Mike/W8BAC
Contributing

« Reply #20 on: August 26, 2007, 09:20:48 PM »

About 60 of us in the Northeastern Atlantic and Mid Western states check in to the DX-60 net on Sunday mornings. The prenet usually starts between 0630 and 0700 Eastern time (3.880 or the first clear above or below) and runs up until Mike/N8ECR takes over at 0800 Eastern. The usual prenet early risers are Dave/KA2J and/or Bill/K8DBN. I was in from the first call at 0700 this morning.

Backslash didn't do much damage. He was really weak here in Detroit. Only a few even mentioned hearing him. Mission UNaccomplished. Due to conditions I can't answer the "Who came first" question. Net result, he didn't (doesn't) matter.

Mike
w3jn
Johnny Novice
Administrator

« Reply #21 on: August 27, 2007, 06:51:36 AM »

My point is that if he was there first, the DX-60 net shoulda moved to accomodate him; being a net doesn't give one any priority to a freq.  If he is still legally licensed he has every right to a clear frequency, just as the DX_60 net has if THEY were there first.

FCC:  "The record is devoid of a demonstrated nexus between Morse code proficiency and on-the-air conduct."
W9GT

Nipper - Manager of K9 Affairs

« Reply #22 on: August 27, 2007, 08:14:58 AM »

Absolutely did not hear him at this location.  No QRM to the net when I was listening.  He may have been on earlier...perhaps could be heard on the east coast, but no problem in midwest.

73,  Jack, W9GT

Tubes and Black Wrinkle Rule!!
73, Jack, W9GT
Steve - WB3HUZ
« Reply #23 on: August 27, 2007, 06:12:30 PM »

About 60 of us in the Northeastern Atlantic and Mid Western states check in to the DX-60 net on Sunday mornings.

How many are running a DX-60?
W9GT

Nipper - Manager of K9 Affairs

« Reply #24 on: August 28, 2007, 08:37:39 AM »

About 60 of us in the Northeastern Atlantic and Mid Western states check in to the DX-60 net on Sunday mornings.

How many are running a DX-60?
The DX-60 is the net namesake and "mascot".  You don't have to be using one to check-in.  Many of us have DX-60s, but usually only a few check into the net with them.  It is interesting to hear all of the different rigs...from PW 6 watt home brew 6AQ5 rigs up to KW-1s, 30Ks, BC xmtrs, Johnson Desks and 500s and many great sounding HB rigs.  I would say, that one of the most frequently heard xmtrs is the venerable DX-100.  The DX-60 net has been around for many years...originally started by Jim, N8LUV on 40 Meters on Sunday afternoon...later moved to 75 on Sunday morning.  Mike N8ECR has been the master of ceremonies for a long time...does a great job.  It is really a fun net to listen to and I always enjoy checking in when possible.

73,  Jack, W9GT

Tubes and Black Wrinkle Rule!!
73, Jack, W9GT
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015