The AM Forum
April 27, 2024, 12:30:12 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: DF Help for Odd Signal on 3570 KHz  (Read 13440 times)
n1ps
Contributing

websdr http://sebagolakesdr.us:8901/

« Reply #25 on: July 03, 2007, 09:03:43 AM »

I meant to post smething on this post last week...

With the issue of high angle waves, I wonder if anyone has considered using a Time Difference of Arrival (TDOA)method?  This would entail creating a "system" with networked receivers.  The receivers could be set up within a region, like New England.  Perhaps a half dozen or so or more.  This approach is how lightning strikes are tracked and also E911.  The signals are compared to each other and the shortest path is the most direct line to the transmitter of interest.  This way there is no concern as to whether you are tracking an incident signal (ground wave) or high angle path.

With everyone on high speed networks these days, I think many people could contribute with a "site". 

But there is no free lunch as the saying goes.  I'm not certain this would work.  And someone would have to come up with some software and receivers that would be compatible.  One receiver that may work are the software controlled types from Icom.  They have an electronic interface (CI-V) for frequency control and signal RSSI.

Anyway, an idea to consider. 
Peter
n1ps
Tom WA3KLR
Contributing

« Reply #26 on: July 03, 2007, 09:09:54 AM »

I listened to the net Sunday night and there was no interference.  I also realized that I'm pretty rusty on code reception.

_._

73 de Tom WA3KLR  AMI # 77   Amplitude Modulation - a force Now and for the Future!
WU2D
Contributing

CW is just a narrower version of AM

« Reply #27 on: July 03, 2007, 05:09:14 PM »

I did not hear it either Sunday night. Gone hopefully.

These are the good old days of AM
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015