The AM Forum
May 04, 2024, 10:09:54 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 20 [21] 22 ... 25   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Gasoline Madness;When to Stop  (Read 354496 times)
K6JEK
Contributing

RF in the shack

« Reply #500 on: July 29, 2008, 02:46:05 PM »

Sorry Derb.   I just had to post this:

Human waste proposed as source of natural gas
Scott Simpson, Vancouver Sun
Published: Tuesday, July 22, 2008

http://tinyurl.com/5ek6dw
Bill, KD0HG

304-TH - Workin' it

« Reply #501 on: July 29, 2008, 03:15:46 PM »

Consider how well that line of defense worked at Nurnberg. With the exception of one coward who managed to cheat the gallows, a whole lot of people who claimed that same kind of ignorance in their defense wound up J.S. dangling in the breeze like a tire swing, just like they deserved.

Good riddance to them, too.

--Thom
Killer Agony One Zipper Got Caught

When American soccer moms that might be members of the Sierra Club or some mainstream environmental organization are equated with Nazi war criminals, then I agree it's probably thread dump time. This is ridiculous.
W9GT

Nipper - Manager of K9 Affairs

« Reply #502 on: July 29, 2008, 04:22:07 PM »

This isn't a new idea.  Some sewage plants have been running pump engines on sewer gas (methane) for many years.  The ultimate concept in recycling!

73,  Jack, W9GT

Tubes and Black Wrinkle Rule!!
73, Jack, W9GT
K6JEK
Contributing

RF in the shack

« Reply #503 on: July 29, 2008, 05:19:57 PM »

This isn't a new idea.  Some sewage plants have been running pump engines on sewer gas (methane) for many years.  The ultimate concept in recycling!

73,  Jack, W9GT
It's the headline I like
Steve - WB3HUZ
« Reply #504 on: July 29, 2008, 07:33:28 PM »

Kinda like TimTron's crap eating dog.

I'm sure this comment too will be taken out of context, embellished and used to create further stawmen.

73,  Jack, W9GT
It's the headline I like
k4kyv
Contributing Member
Don

« Reply #505 on: July 29, 2008, 09:28:59 PM »

I used to have one of those (but it died of old age about a year ago).  Ask Dale, VE3AAM, for the rest of the story.

BTW, has anyone heard anything from Dale lately?

Don, K4KYV                                       AMI#5
Licensed since 1959 and not happy to be back on AM...    Never got off AM in the first place.

- - -
This message was typed using the DVORAK keyboard layout.
http://www.mwbrooks.com/dvorak
ka3zlr
« Reply #506 on: July 29, 2008, 09:46:16 PM »

Soccer Moms Driving with children in the vehicle, while yakking on the Phone...Very Criminal, and a MADD mothers meeting is not unlike an NSDAP get together..LOL....Been There... Wink
Steve - WB3HUZ
« Reply #507 on: July 29, 2008, 11:16:23 PM »

He showed up on some PW SSB type rig this past spring on 80 meters. That's the last I've heard of him.

Trivia Question: What was the name of Tron's "recycling" dog?

I used to have one of those (but it died of old age about a year ago).  Ask Dale, VE3AAM, for the rest of the story.

BTW, has anyone heard anything from Dale lately?
N3DRB The Derb
« Reply #508 on: July 30, 2008, 02:03:13 AM »

I dont remember, dammit, but I do remember Don's dog.

Ok. This is gonna be gross but I cant help it. Ya know.......when a DOG can eat SHIT for years and years and have no health problems at all and live to a ripe old doggy age....whats all this crap from the doctors about eating whole grains, exercise, no red meat etc. etc.

The shit eating dog outlives the healthy human by 10 years in human terms. Damn healthy human dies first. Cool 

I dont think these doctors know shit........LOL  Cheesy 

I aint gonna imitate the dog though.....ROTFL Cheesy

I slay myself....the entire world is fe'd up........!!!!!!!one one one

Ed-VA3ES

« Reply #509 on: July 30, 2008, 02:39:34 AM »

According to Al, VE3AJM,  Dale has moved way out to the country,  north of where he used to live. He is off the grid and living a simpler lifestyle.   That is all the info I have at present.

"There ain't a slaw-bukit inna worl, that kin jam me!!"
k4kyv
Contributing Member
Don

« Reply #510 on: July 30, 2008, 01:35:50 PM »

Well, for a good laugh, if you run into Dale, ask him to tell the story about Don k4kyv's shit-eatin' dog.

Licensed since 1959 and not happy to be back on AM...    Never got off AM in the first place.

- - -
Ed KB1HVS

« Reply #511 on: July 30, 2008, 05:13:39 PM »

Quote from: Steve - WB3HUZ link=topic=16103.msg114678#msg114678 da

Trivia Question: What was the name of Tron's "recycling" dog?

[/quote

Shit...I know the answer. ...Dang I cant remember.

KB1HVS. Your Hi Value Station
k4kyv
Contributing Member
Don

« Reply #512 on: July 31, 2008, 11:26:15 AM »

It was announced on CNN today, that a joint operation by agencies of the US government, the EU and the Italian government has recently made the astounding discovery of what could be enough petroleum to supply the energy needs of the entire planet for thousands of years to come.

Full story!

- - -
KA1ZGC
« Reply #513 on: July 31, 2008, 01:13:19 PM »

Consider how well that line of defense worked at Nurnberg. With the exception of one coward who managed to cheat the gallows, a whole lot of people who claimed that same kind of ignorance in their defense wound up J.S. dangling in the breeze like a tire swing, just like they deserved.

Good riddance to them, too.

When American soccer moms that might be members of the Sierra Club or some mainstream environmental organization are equated with Nazi war criminals, then I agree it's probably thread dump time. This is ridiculous.

(yawn)

No more ridiculous than singling out only that one paragraph to respond to because the facts just aren't on your side otherwise. That's typical of someone who has been presented with a concept they can't possibly present a logical counterpoint to: they slice-and-dice it so they can find something to ridicule. Boring. I knew someone would pull that stunt, I just hadn't guessed who it would be.

If you don't understand how vilifying one class of people to the point of justifying acts of violence against them to further a political agenda is just as wrong now as it was 60 years ago, then I guess there's no point in trying to explain it to you. That was my point, but it was clearly lost on you.

Go ahead, kill the thread. It won't erase the facts, or erase history. Besides, your influence ends at this board. I have this entire thread stored elsewhere, anyway, like many others, completely out of your reach.

Nice talking to you.
Bill, KD0HG

304-TH - Workin' it

« Reply #514 on: July 31, 2008, 02:09:37 PM »

Personal attacks now? Howz come?

It was you that was vilifying a group of what I consider well-meaning, if ignorant middle class Americans.
Since when is being dumb criminal? That's my objection. Nothing more, nothing less.

It's not me flaming anyone personally, it's you, sir, unable to discuss a contentious matter without losing it.

I now think this thread should remain for that reason alone. I was correct in presuming that it should have been pulled before it became toxic. Keep your copy. It's also archived on Google, BTW.

Chill out and think about it, OK? This is only a discussion on the internet.

Again, I'm sincerely sorry for being incapable of understanding your thoughts.

Bill

K6JEK
Contributing

RF in the shack

« Reply #515 on: July 31, 2008, 03:21:25 PM »

It was announced on CNN today, that a joint operation by agencies of the US government, the EU and the Italian government has recently made the astounding discovery of what could be enough petroleum to supply the energy needs of the entire planet for thousands of years to come.

Full story!

Doesn't it take dionsaurs to make oil?  From this I can only conclude that there were dinosaurs roaming around up there. Sounds like a movie to me.   Jurassic Park III
Steve - WB3HUZ
« Reply #516 on: July 31, 2008, 05:24:15 PM »

Gas is down to $3.74 a gallon here. Those damn speculators are driving the price down! How am I to make any money on my evil Big Oil stocks this way?
W3RSW
Contributing

Rick & "Roosevelt"

« Reply #517 on: July 31, 2008, 06:39:41 PM »

Short 'em.

RICK  *W3RSW*
Steve - WB3HUZ
« Reply #518 on: July 31, 2008, 07:53:17 PM »

Yea, that way I win twice!

Short 'em.
k4kyv
Contributing Member
Don

« Reply #519 on: August 01, 2008, 12:07:27 AM »

Gas is down to $3.74 a gallon here. Those damn speculators are driving the price down! How am I to make any money on my evil Big Oil stocks this way?

No, just elementary supply and demand.  People are doing less driving round in their one-occupant SUV's and pristine (don't dare carry any cargo in the back, lest it might scratch the paint) pick 'em ups these days.

- - -
W9GT

Nipper - Manager of K9 Affairs

« Reply #520 on: August 01, 2008, 09:32:11 AM »

No, just elementary supply and demand.  People are doing less driving round in their one-occupant SUV's and pristine (don't dare carry any cargo in the back, lest it might scratch the paint) pick 'em ups these days.

On that issue, I agree with you Don!  Trucks are for haulin' stuff.  Those extended cab jobs with tiny beds are a hoot.  I don't really know why anyone would want a truck that has no room for carrying anything other than passengers.  Might as well have a car or SUV.

73,  Jack, W9GT

Tubes and Black Wrinkle Rule!!
73, Jack, W9GT
Steve - WB3HUZ
« Reply #521 on: August 01, 2008, 11:52:41 AM »

Then why all the screaming about windfall profits and speculators when the price went up? I've seen no figures to show the demand has reduced.

K3ZS

« Reply #522 on: August 01, 2008, 01:32:40 PM »

Demand is down, at least in the U.S.

From Marketwatch.com today:

COMMODITIES CORNER
U.S. drivers cut summer travel
Summer-season driving drops 2.4% in the past month alone, as consumers adjust to gas-pump shock.
Steve - WB3HUZ
« Reply #523 on: August 01, 2008, 01:34:33 PM »

That's gasoline in the USA but not world wide demand for petroleum.
K3ZS

« Reply #524 on: August 01, 2008, 05:11:02 PM »

It must make some difference if the U.S. uses 75% of the world's supply.   That is what I recall from newscasts.   Back in the 80's a lot of small oil operations went belly-up after the shortages of the 70's turned into an oil glut.   I don't think that is going to happen again.    Most of the world's countries were still third world or still recovering economically from WWII, that is not the case now.    Years in the future I think this whole deal will be case studied in college economic classes.

Pages: 1 ... 20 [21] 22 ... 25   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015