The AM Forum
May 04, 2024, 10:27:31 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 9 [10] 11 ... 25   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Gasoline Madness;When to Stop  (Read 354496 times)
WD8BIL
Contributing

« Reply #225 on: June 24, 2008, 11:27:56 AM »

Nothin' wrong with using oil.
The Washington pinheads have the country pissed at the oil companies when this whole mess is their doing.

Last month the gas profits were just over 5 cents a gallon.
The Washington pinheads took in their 18 cents a gallon and wanna put another 35%+ winfall tax on the 5 cent profits.

That means for every million gallons:

Oil Industry ......... $50,000.00 (for getting the oil, refining it, trucking it to your nearest station so you can go get a beer)

Washington Pinheads........$180,000 (for doing nothing)

Now , think about it....... who's raping who Huh

hint: it ain't the oil companies !!

DRILL HERE>>>> DRILL NOW>>>>
WA1GFZ

« Reply #226 on: June 24, 2008, 12:31:30 PM »

How do you figure that when the oil pigs make 10%
I agree drill here but the people who have oil drilling contracts are not interested. Limit the supply, raise the price.
Pin heads need the cash to pay other pin heads to think like pin heads
Watch the price drop as soon as somebody figures out how to eliminate the need. That is why the camel jocks plan to increase the flow because people are so stressed out they stop buying the oil.
Bill, KD0HG

304-TH - Workin' it

« Reply #227 on: June 24, 2008, 12:54:08 PM »

hint: it ain't the oil companies !!

If you squeeze them hard enough, maybe there's oil to be found in the blubber?
WD8BIL
Contributing

« Reply #228 on: June 24, 2008, 02:25:34 PM »

If you squeeze them hard enough, maybe there's oil to be found in the blubber?

That's the problem, Bill.
When you talk to people it's everyone elses pinhead that needs squeezed.
So you end up having the same pinheads in Congress for 40 years.

K6JEK
Contributing

RF in the shack

« Reply #229 on: June 24, 2008, 02:39:05 PM »

Build a Boat

Dearth of Ships Delays Drilling of Offshore Oil

As President Bush calls for repealing a ban on drilling off most of the coast of the United States, a shortage of ships used for deep-water offshore drilling promises to impede any rapid turnaround in oil exploration and supply.
But even as oil trades at more than $135 a barrel — up from $68 a year ago — the world’s existing drill-ships are booked solid for the next five years. Some oil companies have been forced to postpone exploration while waiting for a drilling rig, executives and analysts said.

http://tinyurl.com/5466y6
Steve - WB3HUZ
« Reply #230 on: June 24, 2008, 04:42:26 PM »

This is the very definition of windfall profit.

The oil companies' profit margins are far lower than many industries, like IT, software, hedge funds (something like 80% profit margin). Some people have fallen for the demonization of the oil companies. You would all be dead without them.
WA1GFZ

« Reply #231 on: June 24, 2008, 05:37:08 PM »

No talking about president pin head that is political.
K7LYF

« Reply #232 on: June 24, 2008, 06:16:03 PM »

[So you end up having the same pinheads in Congress for 40 years.]

Do the words, "term limits", ring a bell?

mike
KA8WTK
Contributing

« Reply #233 on: June 24, 2008, 08:16:07 PM »

Well, back to gasoline.......

Just completed a 5,222 mile trip by car. Highest price paid $4.349 in Washington state. Lowest price paid was in Iowa or S. Dakota at $3.799. The average advertised price was $3.983.

It's a good thing we got 31.23 mpg average! This would have broken me in the motorhome!

Bill KA8WTK
Opcom
Patrick J. / KD5OEI
Contributing

« Reply #234 on: June 24, 2008, 08:55:21 PM »

Is it just me or has anyone's fuel economy of their vehicle decreased noticeably? I am unexplainedly and suddenly down from 15MPG to 13.5 with the pickup truck in city driving. Me, or a change in the fuel?

Radio Candelstein - Flagship Station of the NRK Radio Network.
ka3zlr
« Reply #235 on: June 24, 2008, 09:28:10 PM »

I noticed that too, Op, on my bikes, I'm a freak on Spark Plugs, monitoring performance and it's nothin for me to go through 3 maybe four sets in a summer..sometimes five depending on riding conditions and Fuel, and i have noticed on my plugs a difference... If you ride bikes you know what i mean..and it shows on the deposits..Ashy bad burn deposits..... the gas today is Junk...
Steve - WB3HUZ
« Reply #236 on: June 24, 2008, 09:43:59 PM »

Just a few items probably found in your home or used by you on a daily basis made from {evil} oil.

• Milk jugs
  • Shaving cream
  • Trash bags
  • Linoleum
  • Electrical tape
  • Fertilizers
  • Asphalt ( the very roads you drive on)
  • Wax (candles, lubricant, protect your car, furniture, etc)
  • Roofing materials - tar paper, shingles
  • Many parts of clothing - buttons, synthetic materials in apparel and shoes, etc.
  • The case your computer is in, and the monitor, keyboard, slopbucket rig.....
  • Numerous pharmaceuticals, medicines, health and beauty products (toothpaste, shaving cream, shampoo, moisturizers, soap, etc.)
  • Insulation on all the wire in your shack and the electrical wiring in your house
  • Ammonia and and cleaning product with ammonia
  • Many inks and dyes
  • Caulking
  • Many adhesives and  glues
  • Lubricants (not only your car but for your heater/air conditioner in your car and your house, exhaust fans in your house, motors in dishwashers, washing machines, dryers, and big AM mauls......)
  • And the diesel fuel that  powered the trains and trucks that shipped all that stuff to the  store where you bought it.

Yep, them damn oil companies are screwing us good.

WA1GFZ

« Reply #237 on: June 24, 2008, 10:31:45 PM »

Maybe we should send all our jobs to China so they will have all the money to buy all the oil. We can all live side by side in cardboard boxes on the White House Lawn till the towel heads throw us out.
The bottom line is our pin head government is again clueless.
Steve - WB3HUZ
« Reply #238 on: June 24, 2008, 10:38:56 PM »

The government made you buy all those things made from oil?

Mind control from cell towers.

http://mirrors.wordsforgood.org/educate-yourself.org/mc/index-2.html
k4kyv
Contributing Member
Don

« Reply #239 on: June 24, 2008, 10:54:05 PM »

Just a few items probably found in your home or used by you on a daily basis made from {evil} oil.

[ list ]

Yep, them damn oil companies are screwing us good.

The retailers (filling stations, Quick-Stops) say they are hardly making any profit, or in some cases, are losing money selling motor fuel.  The wholesalers that supply the filling stations say they are merely passing the extra cost on to the customer to avoid losing money.  The oil companies are blaming the high price of crude for driving up the price.  Yet they are reporting record profits despite the recent drop in consumption.

That extra profit has to come from somewhere.  They can't be merely passing on the higher cost of crude to their customers.

Don, K4KYV                                       AMI#5
Licensed since 1959 and not happy to be back on AM...    Never got off AM in the first place.

- - -
This message was typed using the DVORAK keyboard layout.
http://www.mwbrooks.com/dvorak
Steve - WB3HUZ
« Reply #240 on: June 24, 2008, 11:02:39 PM »

Yet they are reporting record profits despite the recent drop in consumption.

Record in what way? Total dollars. So what? They had record volume. Their margin is unchanged. Don't fall for the bogus news reporting. Most reporters can't count to 10. How could they possibly report on detailed business financials?
ka3zlr
« Reply #241 on: June 25, 2008, 05:36:39 AM »

Well.... buy a Horse then, enjoy the open air, learn how to really "saddle up", and understand what One Horse power really means....the only output, a negligible renewable resource... "cow paddies", ...LOL... Grin

Nobody is forcing anyone to drive their gas guzzling buggies...
WD8BIL
Contributing

« Reply #242 on: June 25, 2008, 08:41:17 AM »

Yet they are reporting record profits despite the recent drop in consumption.

So what !
And.... who are "they" ??
Plus, we ain't the only nation using petro products. A great deal of "their" profits come from sales NOT in the U.S.

And since when is "making a profit" a bad thing ? (I guess the answer is; when "they "make it and I don't)
That attitude reminds me of the people the government and media have hating "The Rich". They piss and moan while standing in line to buy their lottery ticket so they can be what they hate !!!

WA1GFZ

« Reply #243 on: June 25, 2008, 09:53:58 PM »

If profits go up by large amounts each quarter while flow remains about the same please explain your new math on how the margin remains the same.

W8EJO

« Reply #244 on: June 25, 2008, 10:11:54 PM »

Not new math - old math.

Example:

First year:  Sales = 10 million gallons @ $3.00 per gallon = $30 million @ 10% profit margin = $3 million in profit.

Second Year: Sales = 10 million gallons @ $4.00 per gallon = $40 million @ 10% profit margin = $4 million in profit.

Profit went up $1 million or  33.33% while Profit Margin (10%) stayed the same.

Terry, W8EJO

Freedom and liberty - extremist ideas since 1776.
Steve - WB3HUZ
« Reply #245 on: June 25, 2008, 10:31:13 PM »

Get the book Innumeracy for more.

http://www.amazon.com/Innumeracy-Mathematical-Illiteracy-Consequences-Vintage/dp/0679726012
k7yoo

« Reply #246 on: June 25, 2008, 11:11:07 PM »

HUZ is right on the money.

I also don't see anyone talking about what the rest of the world (except for Saudi Arabia & Venezuela) pay for fuel. We have been getting by on the cheap for years. My daughter lives in Spain and what we pay here is a bargain compared to what most of Europe or the UK pays.
I would love to see $2 gas but it is forever in the rearview mirror. All the crap about price relief and a gas tax holiday is pure political bribery. People that fall for political bribes and phony scapegoats are scarier than ANY politician.
I could see this coming years ago and when I broached the subject, along with the fact that so much of our transportation & recreation is based on cheap fuel, people looked at me like I was from Mars. This dawned on me when I was in a country where electricity and cooking fuel were only used when absolutely necessary, and casual driving wasn't even an option. The cheap stuff from Wal Mart is also going to slide into the past as the dollarettes continue to shrink and the world playing field evens out. Speaking of the dollar slide--this has hurt China far more than us. They are sitting on Trillions of $ that are now worth far less than 2 years ago. This was a calculated move that forcibly changed the exchange ratio.
my $2 worth
KB1OKL
« Reply #247 on: June 26, 2008, 12:45:18 AM »

WASHINGTON -- Gasoline should cost about $2.25 a gallon at the pump, and everything above that is "funny money" largely tacked on by speculation and manipulation in the energy markets, a consumer advocate told a Senate committee Tuesday.

"The speculative bubble in energy commodities has cost households, on average, about $1,500 over the past two years in increased costs for gasoline and natural gas," testified Mark Cooper, director of research for the Consumer Federation of America.

The total cost to the U.S. economy has been more than half a trillion dollars, he said.
 As retail gas prices reached a record high for the 26th time in 27 days, Cooper was among several experts who told the Senate Committee on Commerce, Science and Transportation that speculators are helping push up prices.

Cooper said the recent $120 price for a barrel of crude oil could be split into thirds: $40 for the true economic cost, $40 added by OPEC and $40 due to speculators.

"Excessive speculation on energy trading facilities is the fuel that is driving this runaway train in crude oil prices," said Inland Oil Co. President Gerry Ramm, who spoke on behalf of the Petroleum Marketers Association of America.

read more at:

http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_qn4188/is_20080604/ai_n25485344
ka3zlr
« Reply #248 on: June 26, 2008, 06:38:48 AM »

Well there it's identified... Finally..."Largely By Speculation"...wonderful, now
everybody knows...we all understand right...? The Bad Guy has been found...

Now, What'er ya gona do..?..with this new found information...really...

What's needed...
Absolutely Nothing... is what people shud do, But, Nobody's Listening...just stop, say No, stop the country like France did...just wake up one day an say...I'm staying home Today...wow that's hard... Possible outcome..?..being arrested for staying home an protesting "Price Control"... naaa... losing your home for missing a few days work...naaaa....

or...

Stand back and watch like everybody else...Bitch..moan an groan..

or..

Gain a better Income Resource and Compete Financially and Economically...and become part of the system... Individualize Yourself... great for the one, by does nothing for the many...who cares anyhow...

Responsibility.... is an amazing thing... The worst of which is being reminded...folks hate that... ah well...

I didn't create this...but I Can See through it....Who's Country is this anyhow...?

W8EJO

« Reply #249 on: June 26, 2008, 07:07:56 AM »

WASHINGTON -- Gasoline should cost about $2.25 a gallon at the pump, and everything above that is "funny money" largely tacked on by speculation and manipulation in the energy markets, a consumer advocate told a Senate committee Tuesday.

I don't buy it, not for the long term. If the underlying market fundamentals aren't there, the higher prices won't be supported. We just saw this in the housing market. Speculation is just betting which way the market will go. The reason everyone is betting the price will go up is the underlying supply/demand for the product.

Every commodity in the world is speculated/bet on, corn, wheat, beef, coffee - you name it.

Corn's up 80% over last year & has tripled in three years. "Evil" corn speculators - no market fundamentals.

Don't be a dupe.

Terry, W8EJO

Freedom and liberty - extremist ideas since 1776.
Pages: 1 ... 9 [10] 11 ... 25   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015