The AM Forum
May 17, 2024, 08:19:52 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: WX is FB OM  (Read 25248 times)
WA1GFZ

« on: June 15, 2007, 09:42:37 AM »

Man it is getting that you can't have any opinion about anything.
pretty soon we won't be able to talk about coon hunting,
flea market money grubbers or copping a buzz

kf6pqt

« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2007, 11:22:46 AM »

I think its the gas prices making people cranky... Or maybe just "gas."  You know, "inflation."  Wink

I try to eat a balanced diet and ride a motorcycle 1.2 miles to work, so not a lot bothers me!

W6IEE, formerly KF6PQT
WA1GFZ

« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2007, 03:51:27 PM »

I do a couple garlic pills a day to keep the blood suckers away but still enjoy a good P&M and BM
WB3JOK

« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2007, 04:08:42 PM »

Man it is getting that you can't have any opinion about anything.
pretty soon we won't be able to talk about coon hunting,
flea market money grubbers or copping a buzz

We can still talk about those things, just put a disclaimer in small print "Professional stunt ham on closed course. Do not attempt" Tongue

-Charles
ps WX is clear, sunny, 82F in Presque Isle, ME... a veritable heat wave
k3zrf

« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2007, 08:59:34 PM »

Frank,

Don't lose faith. You can talk about anything with me.

It is getting bad out there.

Seems most folks wearing their feelings way down on their sleeves.

It's happenen' man.

dave/zrf
A closed mouth gathers no foot
WA1GFZ

« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2007, 08:41:07 PM »

Gee Dave usually people get a little weird in the winter. it is so nice outside maybe everyone should go outside and enjoy the FB WX OM and chill.
W2JTD

« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2007, 09:14:34 PM »

Everyone is so friggin sensitive these days.
Joke 'em if they can't take a frog. Or something like that.

As for me, I fully intend to keep good ol' Hiram spinning in his tomb for a while.

(burp, fart)

- JTD

Moe: Where were you born? Curly: Lake Winnipesaukee. Moe: How do you spell that? Curly: W-O... woof! Make it Lake Erie. I got an Uncle there.
W2JTD

« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2007, 09:23:58 PM »

Oh, I forgot to add...

The WX is FB here too OM.

' cept for the poison ivy. Whas up wid dat?  We have BUSHES of it here! Maggie is scratching and cussing up a storm right now. oops... that's another thread. dang.

So, let me get this straight... the whole town turned up to witness the exhumation of a rusty Plymo?

We, as a society, are toast.

Just my 2 rupees.

- JTD

Moe: Where were you born? Curly: Lake Winnipesaukee. Moe: How do you spell that? Curly: W-O... woof! Make it Lake Erie. I got an Uncle there.
WA1GFZ

« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2007, 09:39:03 AM »

Yup I was squirting roundup yesterday also. good crop this year.
I don't understand how one patch croped up around a tree in the middle of the yard. I don't think it makes seeds. 
W2JTD

« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2007, 11:10:00 AM »

I have never seen so much PI, so large. I ride my motorcycle around the local bay communities, and refer to it as the "Poison Ivy Tour". Gonna take some photos and plop them on my website. Just remarkable growth.

'Round the yard, I chop them at the roots with a shovel and flip them into the meadows. Then I jam the shovel in the ground a few times to clear it's mind. Just need to watch which way the wind is blowing.

kf6pqt

« Reply #10 on: June 17, 2007, 01:14:35 PM »

JTD, what kinda bike do you have?

I've got:

Seca 650 (daily rider)
XS650 (runs!)
1969 AT 125 (sometimes runs)
1971 CB-350 (will run someday)
And an 80's crashed suzuki which is a backburnered project, I've bobbed and hardtailed the frame and someday it'll look like an old Triumph chopper.

-Jason kf6pqt

W6IEE, formerly KF6PQT
AF9J
« Reply #11 on: June 17, 2007, 01:42:30 PM »

Seca 650 - that's a cool bike.  It's too bad they only sold them in the US in 1982.  I'm looking for a sport bike (or bike I can sport up), with shaft drive (and no I don't like the Seca 750), that's going for peanuts (especially with the riding season being upon us).  I'm sick of screwing with chains.  It handles well (at least for the handling standards of the 80s), and for it's day, was pretty fast for a 650. It just came at the wrong time.  US riders pestered Yamaha to bring it into the US (after reading test reports on the euro-version, which had been avaialble since 1980 or 81), and wouldn't you know it, the recession of '82, and the cycle market going bust, made the Seca 650 a flop. 

Ellen - AF9J
riding (although not recently) since 1980
W2JTD

« Reply #12 on: June 17, 2007, 01:45:28 PM »

I have a Kawasaki Vulcan 500 Cruiser that I bought from an old friend when she got her Sportster. Here's the bike:

http://home.comcast.net/%7Ew2jtd/images/bike.jpg

Here's the old friend:

http://home.comcast.net/%7Ew2jtd/images/marilyn.jpg

Love those blue eyes!

It's my starter bike - I am recently licensed and working my way toward a Harley SofTail.

Most likely, I'll wind up with a rat bike.  2 wheels is 2 wheels, no?

- JTD

WA3VJB
« Reply #13 on: June 17, 2007, 02:57:13 PM »

That's quite a message, Paul.
You'd better watch yourself.

* JTD's.jpg (189.23 KB, 600x400 - viewed 452 times.)
W2JTD

« Reply #14 on: June 17, 2007, 03:59:04 PM »

Well, Paul, like once stated in the Seinfeld series,
"I'm just waiting that marriage out."

BTW, Maggie says I can keep her in the garage. She doesn't eat much.

- JTD

k3zrf

« Reply #15 on: June 17, 2007, 06:23:57 PM »

Go Maggie!

Report.

dave/zrf
A closed mouth gathers no foot
W2JTD

« Reply #16 on: June 18, 2007, 08:50:32 AM »

My "old friend" doing a burnout on her new ride:

http://home.comcast.net/~w2jtd/images/marilyn_burnout.jpg

It's a 2004 Harley-Davidson XL Custom 1200 Sportster.

Too much fun.

kf6pqt

« Reply #17 on: June 18, 2007, 10:54:34 AM »

HAHA! That last one is quite impressive... Little Lady, little bike, HUGE engine!

W6IEE, formerly KF6PQT
AF9J
« Reply #18 on: June 18, 2007, 11:16:34 AM »

I don't know - why does everybody think women riders only ride cruisers?  My landlady in college, used to club race her boyfriend's bikes.   That told me that it was OK for women to ride sport bikes.  I guess I'm just not a cruiser fanatic - I don't like their handling.  I live in the land of Harleys (hey it's only 7 miles up the road from me), but the closest I'll get to one, is a Buell (which I can't afford).

Ellen - AF9J
The Slab Bacon

« Reply #19 on: June 18, 2007, 11:26:19 AM »

Old style Flat track racing (with no brakes) seperates the men from the boys!! Try pitchin it sideways with no brakes at 80 or 90 and horsing it through the turn!! Been there, done that!! (try that with a sport bike)

"No is not an answer and failure is not an option!"
kf6pqt

« Reply #20 on: June 18, 2007, 02:35:18 PM »

I too, prefer sportbikes... I came close to buying a '91 FZR 600, but the paperwork had issues... then I realized A) I didnt need to go that fast, and B) I need to buy a cheap Van instead, so that I can haul home a broadcast transmitter next time the oppurtunity arises!

And I agree, chicks on sportbikes are hotter that chicks on Harleys!   Grin

Flattracking on anything but dirt is INSANITY!  These days, there's Supermoto, but they gots brakes... BIG brakes...

W6IEE, formerly KF6PQT
The Slab Bacon

« Reply #21 on: June 18, 2007, 03:07:26 PM »

Flattracking on anything but dirt is INSANITY!  

I have never heard of it on paved surfaces. that would be Motodeath!!

however banked dirt tracks and having brakes takes a lot of the original flavor out of it. A full lock powerslide at speed is truely poetry in motion, and a true thrill to pull off. Do it right and it is gooder than pickled eggplant, do it wrong and.............oh well into the haybails!! Been there done that!

Something about supercross on television is just boring, seems like it is more about hype and theatrics than racing.

When my wife and I go to the motorcycle races (flat track) she gets a kick out of watching the hair on the back of my neck stand up when I watch those guys slide em into the turns.  You will never understand it unless you've been there!!
                                                 The Slab Bacon

"No is not an answer and failure is not an option!"
W2JTD

« Reply #22 on: June 18, 2007, 03:53:27 PM »

We have those crotchrockets whizzing up and down rt. 47 night and day.

Riiiiing ding ding ding ding, riiiiiiing ding ding ding ding.

kf6pqt

« Reply #23 on: June 18, 2007, 03:55:22 PM »

We have braindead zombies in Land Rovers who will mow down anything less nimble than a sportbike, or with less mass than a Road King!

W6IEE, formerly KF6PQT
W1RKW
Contributing

« Reply #24 on: June 18, 2007, 05:17:00 PM »

Jason,
I have a 71 CB350 I'm in the middle of restoring. It will run someday too.  It was my first road bike and I held on to it all these years.  Found some NOS hard to find parts for it.  Got the original exhaust system and seat, brand new.  A buddy of mine is overhauling the engine for me.   Hope to have it on the road next summer to do the vintage vehicle tour here in town.

Bob

JTD, what kinda bike do you have?

I've got:

Seca 650 (daily rider)
XS650 (runs!)
1969 AT 125 (sometimes runs)
1971 CB-350 (will run someday)
And an 80's crashed suzuki which is a backburnered project, I've bobbed and hardtailed the frame and someday it'll look like an old Triumph chopper.

-Jason kf6pqt

Bob
W1RKW
Home of GORT.
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015