The AM Forum
May 01, 2024, 10:54:17 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: BC-610  (Read 3658 times)
wb1aij
« on: December 26, 2006, 01:17:40 PM »

Can one of the BC-610 users answer my question. When I run mine the oscillator is on all of the time and no matter on how well shielded the cables are the R.F. gets into my receiver and as they say in C.B. it plugs my ears. Turning off the oscillator & buffer stages requires toggling a switch on the front of the unit & is inconvenient.
How do you guys do it? I want to operate this thing the way it was designed to operate if I can.
N8ECR
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2006, 02:41:17 PM »

Hey OM  I remember having one that worked that way, As I remember I had to have the exciter switch on to make it work on AM, But as I remember I stuck a shorted out 1/4 " phone plug in the speech amp. and this fixed the problem at that time.  Give it a try.  and good luck  73's  Mike/N8ECR
W2PFY
Contributing

« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2006, 05:04:39 PM »

I have a BC-610C. I key it in the back with the 8-pin plug. That has 110 vac on one pin. The other pin goes to the plate contactor. When the plate contactor is closed, it keys the other stages, as well.  All switches on the front panel should be in the down position except the filaments. On the modulator deck there is a terminal strip. It originally supplied 110 vac to the antenna short out relay. I use that terminal strip to operate an antenna change over switch.

I run drive from my Icon 746 direct into the crystal socket with a 50 watt 50 ohm non-inductive resistor in parallel with it. If you have aux contacts on your change over relay, they can be used to key the transceiver in the CW position. I use a separate receiver for receiving. Some people use the transceiver as a receiver but I only use it as a vfo.

I don't have my book here at this QTH but it may be pins 7 & 8 but check it for yourself.

The secrecy of my job prevents me from knowing what I am doing.
wb1aij
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2006, 03:53:25 PM »

Thanks, guys, for the insight. I am going to try these fixes. I didn't realize that the plate relay also controlled the low level R.F. stuff. I want to get this thing on the air again without having to throw so many switches to go from rcv. to xmit. I haven't decided if I am going to use it on 40 or 75 meters. I probably wil put it on 40 & leave the homebrew 813 rig on 75.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015