The AM Forum
April 28, 2024, 06:42:27 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: ID Transformer  (Read 5324 times)
KB2WIG
Contributing

« on: December 18, 2006, 10:59:25 PM »

I've got a plate xfermer with a Peter Dahl sticker on it.   What I don't have are the specs..

The sticker markings are as follows...
The  peter dahl part number space is blank; the  customer p/n is space is marked     LK500   and a serial number space is marked  120784

A quick search of the  peter dahl online cat doesnot have this chunk listed;  a google search pops up a lot of asian characters....     .....    klc

What? Me worry?
W1ATR
Resident HVAC junkie

« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2006, 12:15:21 AM »

If you can take a pic of it and tell us the weight, that would be helpful.

When PeteD would do a manufacturing run for a specific piece of equipment, then the peter dahl number area would be blank, and the customer part number area would list the model of the actual piece of equipment the transformer went in.

All that said, I had one of those "Amp Supply" no tune amplifiers a while back and the model number was LK500-NT. It was a legal limit deal that ran a pair of 3-500z's and had a pretty healthy PD plate tranny in it. Worked OK, but it was more like 'pre-tune' instead of 'no-tune'.

I think I may still have the manual around here somewhere. I'll look for it and see what it says regarding the iron.

SK

Don't start nuthin, there won't be nuthin.

Jared W1ATR

Click for radio pix
KB2WIG
Contributing

« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2006, 01:10:20 PM »

She is 23 Lbs, 6 1/4" wide, 6" deep, and 5 3/4" tall.  I picked up a non working home brew pwr supply. No caps, one relay, 5KV meter and 16 diodes. The xfermer wasn't bubly so for $30, I took the chance......   

* Picture 16.jpg (42.29 KB, 640x480 - viewed 509 times.)

What? Me worry?
KB2WIG
Contributing

« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2006, 03:01:33 PM »

Jared,
 Looks like you called it..... I checked the PD online cat under "Amp Supply".. the measurements / style and wt. are the same...   it is a      2135 V 1/2 amp  CCS  with a  1.5 A 12 Vdc tap off...   thank you,,    klc

What? Me worry?
W1ATR
Resident HVAC junkie

« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2006, 07:51:16 PM »

Perfect. That's definately the same one that was in my old amplifier. That's a good tranny to use for your HB project. I used to drive that amp for smoke and it only had the slightest bit of voltage sag. Only reason I sold the amp off was because the "no tune" design of the thing made it VERY sensitive to my hacked up antenna setup.

Glad I could help.

SK

Don't start nuthin, there won't be nuthin.

Jared W1ATR

Click for radio pix
KB2WIG
Contributing

« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2006, 09:36:33 PM »

I'm gunna   js it up to a 813 in my art-13 and see what it will do... Then, the k1JJ  Tesla 300 is looking good. I only need the tank cap and the fil  and mod xformers...   klc

What? Me worry?
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015